I'm devastated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristenF

The Fly
Today I have to have my beloved dachshund Weezy put to sleep.
She's been sick with kidney disease for the past 18 months, but had been doing well. Then all of a sudden this past week, she just stopped eating and lost control of her bodily functions. The doctor says her kidneys are about to shut down completely and that ending her suffering would be the most humane thing to do.
I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I'm in a new city, where I don't really have anyone to talk to about it.
She's been like a child to me and I am truly heartbroken. Please consider saying a little prayer for my sweet baby.
Thanks.

I'm sorry.. I know how much animals mean .. they are like your kids :( :hug: Hang in there. Know that she is happy over the Rainbow Bridge, playing with all the other animals.. and you will see her again one day.

I am going to move this to zoo.. more of a personal forum.

Don't be sorry to express how you feel Kristen. It is a sad thing, the final act of kindness to a loyal friend.
:sad: I'm sorry:hug:
Weezy, what a cute name. My dad's uncle had a black dachshund called Mitzi when I was a kid. I LOVED it when they came to visit. They are brave and intelligent little dogs, she understands you love her.
:hug:

That's so great that you've been able to keep her comfortable while having kidney disease for 18 months, it sounds like you did all you could. Letting her go so peacefully was the last and probably most kind thing you could do for her...

My thoughts and prayers are with you :hug:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.

Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver.
Suddenly, she breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

Last edited:
I'm sorry :( A few months ago one of our PLEBA sisters lost her cat the same way to the same thing :sad: No matter how it happens, it's heartbreaking and devastating. I sure know the feeling. :hug:

:heart: Rainbow Bridge

Oh:hug: love, I know how you feel! I had to get my cat Pussket put to sleep for exactly the same thing...was the hardest decision I ever had to make. It happened just after my brother Pete left, and he, myself, and Puss were very close. We called Puss our little brother, and when Pete left, Pussket and I became so much closer! It was like losing a true brother. There was just such a special connection there, and he'd been my cat since I was 10, so it was 11 years.
I feel for you !!!:hug: :hug:

It's a hard decision, I know, but ultimately it's a tremendous act of kindness...Pussket knew he had to die. He didn't fight, and boy, was that cat a fighter! He went out fighting on his last night, even though he was so weak...and when I took him to the vet, the vet left me in the little room to say goodbye, bawling my eyes out, and Pussket was purring, and as I left the room, and turned back and looked him for the last time, he looked so calm, so peaceful, so ready for it, looking at me as if to say ,"this is how it has to be," which was so odd for him, because he'd always been so highly strung and pugnacious.

Pussket I will never forget you!!:hug:

:hug: a pet is a family member. it's a tough loss. sorry to hear this.

Kristen, honey, you did the right thing by your Weezy. It's so hard to lose a pet because you know they have unconditional love for you. Take care of yourself now just like you took care of your little dog for all those months :hug:

Back
Top Bottom