I'm Desperate to Get Pregnant.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you in a long term relationship and over 65 years of age?

otherwise dont do it.

send me your email address and i will send you my latest birth story.

This is of course different from my I have Been Ill For The Past Eighteen Months Because Of Pregnancy Trauma story, seriously.

Or i could take a photo of my scar

or my feet

or

.......... :mad:

seriously - belilindt [at] gmail [dot] com

Are you 16? wow, whats the matter?

Is there a school counsellor you can see?

Its okay to feel unloved at your age, everybody does. But a baby is not the way out. (Im just guessing thats the issue here as thats what i was feeling at your age, apologies if Im wrong)

seriously email me whenever you like

:hug:

are you young?
or married/committed in a stable relationship?

there's a few things you can do to help nature hurry up a little if you need to maybe look into a couple of things. i'll offer you my email if you like.

riverdancer said:
But...I want...a baby...:sad:

But you're still a baby yourself - you have so much life to go! Are you finished with school and working etc for a good while? Because having a baby changes everything.

Get a job as a nanny :shrug: Seriously, no matter how much YOU want a baby, think about the baby and the kind of life it would have.....not fair.

Wanting a baby at 16 probably means you desperately want someone to love who will love you back unconditionally. You are dreaming of a sweet little person you can snuggle up with and show off to your friends.

*that is not a put-down by the way...I went through the same thing.

Actually having a baby at 16 means more responsibility than you could ever dream of. Beyond the pain of labor and delivery, you can forget about sleep for quite a while, going out with your friends will not be an option and that little person comes first, always...not easy at 16.

I don't mean to sound preachy but I did it at 17 and it was HARD. Be a teenager while you can, you'll have plenty of time for babies later.

Trust me riverdancer -- listen to BAW and the others. Having a baby at 16 would be awful. I'm 16 myself and I can't imagine having to deal with raising a baby. My mom actually got pregnant when she was 18, and even then she really screwed her life up. She never finished college (even though she was a great student), works a terrible job and she can barely pay our rent. It was a horrible mistake.

Bono's American Wife said:
Wanting a baby at 16 probably means you desperately want someone to love who will love you back unconditionally. You are dreaming of a sweet little person you can snuggle up with and show off to your friends.

*that is not a put-down by the way...I went through the same thing.

Actually having a baby at 16 means more responsibility than you could ever dream of. Beyond the pain of labor and delivery, you can forget about sleep for quite a while, going out with your friends will not be an option and that little person comes first, always...not easy at 16.

I don't mean to sound preachy but I did it at 17 and it was HARD. Be a teenager while you can, you'll have plenty of time for babies later.

I know people who have become pregnant when they were older than you when they were 18 and 19. They have all said the same thing: "I love my child but I wish I could have been a bit older before I had any children"

From what young parents have told me and hearing scary birth stories I don't want a child anytime soon.

Maybe talking to someone might help you.

Wanting a baby while being 16 is actually quite normal. You can have a baby, so you can want a baby, so you're old enough to have a baby, naturally....
There's absolutely no reason why you should be fysically able to get a baby when you're not ready to get one. That is, if you've lived 2000 years ago. Unfortunately for you, society did change a little bit and if you can really think rationally about it, you should know it's not a wise thing to do. I repeat: It is not a wise thing to do!!
It's just too bad that you (or the rest of us) aren't build for living in a 21st century society. So naturally it is quite a normal feeling, you don't even have to be traumatized to feel this way. But think, and think again, and you'll probably know that waiting is the much better thing to do, for you, and the baby.

...or four months full time with a three year old, five year old w/ ADHD and manic depression, a nine year old, an eleven year old, and any various friends or cousins over on the given day :huh:

Tomer said:
i know where to put the patch :wink:

I'm sorry but that just cracked me up!! :lmao: The dancing avatar only added to the humor!

please continue with the seriousness of the situation....

Get a pet. A much better choice for a 16 year old. Seriously.

I decided to wait until I was mature enough to have children....I'm not there yet! But at least now I'm mature enough to know I never will be.

Although I am a man, I still feel that having a child at such a young age is probably not the wisest thing you could do. I mean, you yourself are not even fully developed yet (i don't want to sound like a perv... I mean mentally... and to some extent physically too). My cousin had one when she was 18, and now she has to commute to a local nursing college, work 40 hours a week at a nursing home, and take care of the baby because the dead-beat father took off. How do you know the father wouldn't get scared and just take off, leaving you alone? That would sure suck...

Yes you definitely need to listen to everyone that posted here. IF you have a baby at your age you will ruin your life. I'm 24 yrs old and just got married...and I won't be having kids for at least 2 or 3 more years because of everyone's stories. My mother in law had my hubby when she was 16...she said she regretted getting pregnant at such a young age because she couldn't be a child anymore.

:hug:

elevatedmole said:
Trust me riverdancer -- listen to BAW and the others. Having a baby at 16 would be awful. I'm 16 myself and I can't imagine having to deal with raising a baby. My mom actually got pregnant when she was 18, and even then she really screwed her life up. She never finished college (even though she was a great student), works a terrible job and she can barely pay our rent. It was a horrible mistake.

While there is no way I could ever advocate having a child so young, I have views on this which are kind of contrary to what some might think and that is that your mum didn't really screw her life up at all. She swapped school and money for a child. For you. A gift which she could never emotionally regret. At any age, we find ourselves contemplating what has changed when we have a baby and that includes all the physical and tangible things like paying bills on time or being able to duck up the the pub with your mates - these things dont make life easy and it is certainly harder the younger you are - but it is motherhood and that wont change whatever age the mother is.

If you need one reason alone to help you not do this riverdancer, consider that you absolutely do not have the means to raise a baby at age 16. Emotionally it will cause you to grow up quicker than you should, and in 10 -15 years time if you have one then, you will still possibly struggle financially, it is nothing compared to the utter hardship you would face doing it now.

Can you do that with good concience?

Re: Re: I'm Desperate to Get Pregnant.

Mr. BAW said:

My advice is for you to go get pregnant. You're hurting no one but yourself...go ahead, do it, again and again, have many kids...! :mad:

OK, OK, OK...Last night after making that comment, I really considered your position, your desires and your future; while my remarks were those of a "father figure -I'm 53", I thought about your situation with a little more compassion.....

I really think that you're not considering the entire playing field in your desire to have a child...factor in living quarters, the impact on your parents and siblings, what about income, and how the child's father (whoever he is) will be involved..will he be there or are you merely seeking a sperm donor...

so, in that respect, I suggest that you contact a local agency that deals exclusively with children; possibly an orphanage, a hospital or other outreach agency where you can get involved, first-hand, with the daily tasks of child rearing, from infancy to 10 years of age...think about it,,,in 10 years, you'll only be 26 but you'd be dragging your 10-year old along with you on dates...not a pretty scene....

Lastly, in So. CA, I'm sure in your area as well, there are locations called Family Planning and Associates...there, they give young girls and women, sometimes children as young as you, with direction as to having a child or aborting...I'm not making a statement here but my suggestion would be to go there, see the impact and pain on family and mother-to-be and really see if you're up for it...

The sex may be great and last for a few moments, the gestation period is 9 months but a child is FOREVER...please reconsider your thoughts and desire....

Best wishes,

Mr. BAW

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Seriously, no matter how much YOU want a baby, think about the baby and the kind of life it would have.....not fair.

:up: Being a parent means putting your child first and doing what is best for them. No matter how much you want to have a baby having one on purpose at your age would not be doing that. It would be a selfish move that you would probably regret.

Re: Re: Re: I'm Desperate to Get Pregnant.

Mr. BAW said:

so, in that respect, I suggest that you contact a local agency that deals exclusively with children; possibly an orphanage, a hospital or other outreach agency where you can get involved, first-hand, with the daily tasks of child rearing, from infancy to 10 years of age...think about it,,,in 10 years, you'll only be 26 but you'd be dragging your 10-year old along with you on dates...not a pretty scene....

Great advice, everyone.

I think Mr. BAW's advice is something you really should look at. If you're really looking for the love and "ego-boost" a child can give, working somewhere with children can often provide that, especially a charitable organization. Even a daycare or baby-sitting can.

I used to work at a school/daycare--and it is great for seeing the icky reality that is kids. It also provided for some really awesome moments. When you have a group of kids beg you to "teach us more about science and animals!" you feel truly appreciated in life. :) So look into it.

Angela Harlem said:

While there is no way I could ever advocate having a child so young, I have views on this which are kind of contrary to what some might think and that is that your mum didn't really screw her life up at all. She swapped school and money for a child. For you. A gift which she could never emotionally regret. At any age, we find ourselves contemplating what has changed when we have a baby and that includes all the physical and tangible things like paying bills on time or being able to duck up the the pub with your mates - these things dont make life easy and it is certainly harder the younger you are - but it is motherhood and that wont change whatever age the mother is.

I actually considered this too when I read elevatedmole's post. I don't for a second feel like I ruined my life by becoming a very young mother. I made it much, much harder for myself in some ways and I wouldn't recommend it to most girls but I never look back and feel regret at having my kids.

My only regret is that I wish I could have been as prepared for for the first one as I was for the second one...at times I feel like my first son was shortchanged in some ways because I wasn't as ready for motherhood as I should have been. I feel bad for him, but certainly not for myself.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for all the good advice. :heart:

My original plan was to have it and give it up for adoption, but then I realized what a selfish thing that would be. A baby deserves real parents.

I'm not going to try to get pregnant. I'll wait. :sexywink:

whitehead said:

I'm sorry but that just cracked me up!! :lmao: The dancing avatar only added to the humor!

please continue with the seriousness of the situation....

i got a new one

but its secret

Back
Top Bottom