I'm COMPLETELY obsessed with saving money.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Every month, I save a certain amount of money and then at the end of the month, I put whatever's left over in my checking account into savings. Now that I've saved a significant amount each month for a couple of months, I am COMPLETELY obsessed with always saving at least that amount. Even the smallest expenses freak me out and I end up sobbing over spending $1.25 to buy a Diet Coke or $5 for lunch at work. :crazy: I buy the cheapest groceries humanly possible. I know it's absolutely ridiculous to go crazy over buying one book or cd or meal a month, but I can't help it. :reject:

It is good to obsess over saving rather than spending.

It is better to have a reasonable objective.

Saving is difficult as we live in a consumer environment.

I hate spending $1 for a diet pepsi from the machine - I now bring in my own six packs of 24oz bottles.

Include a little "mad money" in your budget each month. Think of it as a bonus to savings if you don't spend it.

Hang in their - you are doing the right thing by saving.

At least you're not obessed with spending it like I am :reject:

I've gotten myself in serious financial trouble the past few years because I had no savings to speak of, so I'd rather be in your position.

Just don't let it take over your life...you work and save to have a secure future but you'll be really unhappy if you don't let yourself enjoy at least a little of what you've earned.

yeah meeg - i'd say you're on the better end of the money obsession spectrum.

i seriously get dizzy when i think about what my student loans are up to - and i just realized the other day how much we have on credit cards - REALLY REALLY REALLY NOT good :no:

I have a little chunk of money saved, and I'm always proud of that and hate to dip into it. Being unemployed now though...I had to make a withdrawal today so I'd have some money for gas and to pay my credit card bill, and it's painful to do because I know that right now I have no income to make any deposits with. :sigh: It's all just going to keep going down until I find work.

So Megg can you lend me some money then? I sort of spent mine:sexywink: :yes:

Last edited:
Bonochick said:
I have a little chunk of money saved, and I'm always proud of that and hate to dip into it. Being unemployed now though...I had to make a withdrawal today so I'd have some money for gas and to pay my credit card bill, and it's painful to do because I know that right now I have no income to make any deposits with. :sigh: It's all just going to keep going down until I find work.

That's the way I'm going to be next year when I'm at school. That's why I'm saving so much now. I'll have no source of income, and I'll have to buy basic things again, like a hairdryer, sheets, a pillow, cooking stuff, etc. :slant:

If only I could save ANYTHING!! I am sooo bad with money :(

Keep it up Meggie :) Your doing amazingly but the wild money sounds a really good idea :)

I have to save a lot for when you're here too, so I can buy groceries and take you out to the Cheesecake Factory! :hyper:

"....catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day......"who's that star that keeps falling off stages and such? will he fit in your pocket?

It's a good habit to have. I just "saved" our ass once more with my caution and bargain hunting and gathering. The rich get richer, the poor get more frugal and mum keeps a tight lid on the jar.. It's not such a bad club to belong to. Keep up the good work.

I sneak my own bottle of water and popcorn into the movies...

...but then I spend $20 on shampoo. :uhoh:

joyfulgirl said:
I sneak my own bottle of water and popcorn into the movies...

I do this all the time. :| Not popcorn, though. I've snuck in..

-pie
-tacos/burritos
-bags of candy (Halloween sized.. not just for me, mind you ;) )
-big bags of chips (ditto)
-drinks of all varieties
-sandwiches

Practically anything. :laugh: But I usually only do it when I don't have dinner.

Bonochick said:
i know what you mean. last summer, i was unemployed for six whole months. i ended up having to spend over $1,000. that was to pay my credit card bills, and my car insurance. i didn't even spend any money when we went on vacation. my grandmother gave us some money cuz we got married, i used my half to spend money whilst on vacation. :(

and now i'm unemployed AGAIN, and i'm afraid the same thing will happen. i was trying to save that money to use for the down payment of a car in december.

Back
Top Bottom