I'm bored.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Not just temporarily bored, but consistently bored for the past month since I stopped working. I've applied for a couple of volunteer/internship positions, but haven't gotten anything, which makes me feel even more pathetic and worthless. I have no money to go out and do anything, so all I do is sleep half the day and then waste time until it's time to go to sleep again. :scream: I am seriously going to go insane.

I'm living with my fiance in his parents' house, and while they're nice, I'm having a really hard time living here. I haven't even lived with my own parents for more than a couple of weeks in four years and I feel kinda trapped and miss buying my own groceries (or not buying them as was often the case :shifty: ), having my own room, and not having to make decisions that affect other people (like when Sam and I are trying to decide where to go, what to have for lunch, what to watch on TV, etc.). It's not that I mind sharing, I just HATE not being independent and having to rely on other people for things and it's making me incredibly bored, restless, and unhappy. :sigh:

:hug:

comeonovertheremeggieandwecangotoalocalIrishpubforsomenicecoldGuinnessandicanthrowyouintothemiddleofthecrowd
andtheywillthrowyouupattheceilingafewtimesandweallshout'HipHipHooray'
andyoumightcatchyerselfaniceIrishmanandthenweallstripnakedinthepubandrunroundwiththelightsoutandscreamandbecompletetits
andthenIrunuuptotheairportandyoucatchflighthomefor9amagain!

;)

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying. I've lived alone for 3 years.. I cant really imagine living with someone's parents and not having a job.. :shifty:

But think of the happy things.. you're finally together with Sam :) That should make you happy in itself. And you know you will find a job soon, this isnt permanent! Enjoy the little break you have of not working cuz god knows we will all work the rest of our lives till we're what 65? :crack:

Meegannie :hug: My friend faced the same boring/frustrating situation as you when she moved to a foreign country for her love. And I know it can get VERY depressing. My boyfriend went through it a bit when he first came here. My opinions:

Get out. Join a gym, some have free month-long passes. Volunteer. Get a waitressing job. Go to the library and read for a few hours every other day. Do photography. But find something to physically do. Sitting around all day is NOT good, and I don't want it to wear you down. Maybe you can take one college course over the summer?

What you are doing is difficult, but not impossible. You have the determination and I know you'll make this work, it's just getting that extra boost. Tell your fiance how you feel. Explain how frustrating it is and engage his help in finding an internship. I'm sure there are local places you can volunteer at. Check out the local colleges, maybe they run camps (art or sports) where you can work. Maybe even the local paper lists babysitting (under the table) jobs.

Being with Sam is such a great, great thing. Don't let your energies be sapped by being bored and frustrated. Find some productive way to spend your time & you will feel soo heightened. You can do it!!!!!

:hug:

:heart: Carrie

If I had to live with my potential in laws, I'd go bat-sh*t crazy.

lol.

What Olive said, just find a way to get out of the house, walk dogs, volunteer time to old people ... OR:

MAKE THE INLAWS THINK YOU'RE NUTS:
*Here's how*
1. Dye your hair something like blue or purple. Tell them that you're doing it to increase the vibration in your pelvic chakra.

2. Blindfold yourself one day a week all day just for laughs.

3. Have a sock puppet with you at all times. Fight with it. A lot. Then cry in a corner until it apologizes. Go with it in a closet to ... make up.

Trust me, they'll be GIVING you rent money to leave.

meegannie said:
Not just temporarily bored, but consistently bored for the past month since I stopped working. I've applied for a couple of volunteer/internship positions, but haven't gotten anything, which makes me feel even more pathetic and worthless. I have no money to go out and do anything, so all I do is sleep half the day and then waste time until it's time to go to sleep again. :scream: I am seriously going to go insane.

[...]

I just HATE not being independent and having to rely on other people for things and it's making me incredibly bored, restless, and unhappy. :sigh:

I know exactly what youre talking about. Just change 'stopped working' to 'finished highschool', 'volunteer/internship' to 'stupid crappy menial jobs that they give away to people less qualified than me yet still give me nothing', and yeah.

I hate it, I hate every minute of it. I read, I play video games, I do anything to occupy myself for another five minutes, but it feels like such a waste and it grates on me constantly. Plus the insomnia doesnt help things much, being up long enough to hear the birds welcoming the day constantly has been doing quite a number on my sanity...

Basically. I sympathize entire Meggie, and all I can say is that I hope you get back to where you want to be as quickly as possible, cause its downright maddening to be constantly idle. However, from what Ive seen/heard of you over the past long while, I cant really see you having any problems in attaining what you desire, itll just take time and a bit of common sense on the end of the person doing the hiring. Youll do great things so long as you can survive the wait :)

bluephisto said:
If I had to live with my potential in laws, I'd go bat-sh*t crazy.

lol.

What Olive said, just find a way to get out of the house, walk dogs, volunteer time to old people ... OR:

MAKE THE INLAWS THINK YOU'RE NUTS:
*Here's how*
1. Dye your hair something like blue or purple. Tell them that you're doing it to increase the vibration in your pelvic chakra.

2. Blindfold yourself one day a week all day just for laughs.

3. Have a sock puppet with you at all times. Fight with it. A lot. Then cry in a corner until it apologizes. Go with it in a closet to ... make up.

Trust me, they'll be GIVING you rent money to leave.

Good lord...why didn't I think of that! :lmao:
Bluey...you KILL me!

Back
Top Bottom