Im addicted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gvox

Ghost of Love
(post deleted for blatant insincerity)

Of course, someone who realizes that they've been an ass but can do nothing about it as the thread is closed and so realizes that they may have a problem and so then confesses it in ZC can't possibly be sincere. Silly me.

[This message has been edited by gabrielvox (edited 05-14-2002).]

I am sorry all I can do is offer sympathy. I do not have this type of problem. Everyone has vices though and this just happens to be yours. I know there are other people in your situation though. Hope you kick the habit though and it does not hurt your life.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

you post this, which would appear to be sincere, but then you go and deliberatly appear to cause shit in the radiohead forum, just 16 MINUTES later.

grow up already.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

Magnesium + Vitamin B complex + Vitamin C --> dopamine, which alleviates addictions and panic/anxiety-related disorders.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Well folks, I know of this Gabriel person and his bark is much worse than his bite. Believe it or not he is a genuine human being with real feelings and although he isn't made of glass, he can shatter just like the rest of us.

Anyhow, enough of that. I used to be someone else on this place. But I was judged for being some sort of holier than thou person who always was looking for praise and thanks when in all honesty all I wanted to do was share with people. You tend to get branded here on the forum, some are marked because of their stinging posts. I know most of you have seen my earlier posts on this board and if anyone can speak of passing judgement I can. It isn't fun I can tell you. You try to stay away and you post that you will leave but something keeps bringing you back and you can't help but post a rebuttal. Everyone does that whether they admit it or not. Although I do admit that when I left as my other persona I never really looked back for a long time. There were too many petty fights about really really childish things...

Gabriel, you know you can email me anytime. It would be nice if people could look beyond the words but I guess when that's all they have to go by it's difficult. Myself I try never to pass judgement on anyone - who am I to judge you or anybody for that matter.

Well, that's all I have to say. Again, probably not making any sense so I'll just leave.

peace

[This message has been edited by WhackaMole (edited 05-13-2002).]

Hi Gabriel,

Even though we've barely exchanged 2 words, you might remember me as Edgesdancingqueen from the GTA group.

I TOTALLY can relate to the whole internet addiction thing. It got so bad at one point that I got BUSTED at work (and we're talking IT sending my boss a full log of all my hits, pages, etc etc) and as a result had my internet banned. They would KILL me if they got a look at my email!!!
eek.gif

I'm still not really over the addiction, and I spend my life answering emails, and I have 3 different email addys. It's almost like you don't feel alive if you aren't in contact with people through the computer at least 12 hrs a day. Tomorrow I have the day off work....and I'm sure I'll be spending much of it online.

I also know what you mean about having 2 different personalities, I am extremely shy and barely speak to anyone IRL, but online everyone thinks I am this outgoing person. What matters is that the people closest to you know what you're like.

So I'm sorry....I haven't any practical advice...just adding a word or two of commiseration.
smile.gif

ah right, Bama, because that's beneath him! tee hee

I believe LOTGSMAATA!!!! is the acronym youre searching for

let test out melon, do you think sports is a method for controlling the masses?

Its ok Gabriel
and
youre ok.

Mrs Edge what are we gonna do w you?
wink.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
you post this, which would appear to be sincere, but then you go and deliberatly appear to cause shit in the radiohead forum, just 16 MINUTES later.

grow up already.

I have Bell Sympatico, which sometimes gives weird results when posting forms. For the same reason some posts Ive sent thru Wire get mixed up time-wise as well. I wrote this post after my little joke in the 'Radiohead' forum. It was a joke because I like Radiohead, at least their 90s stuff.

Thanks for giving new life to the phrase pathetic wanker. Fuck off already.

Everyone else, who can obviously see that perhaps it is a problem that I have, thanks alot for your words of encouragement. I do appreciate the offers to discuss privately etc, but it just occurred to me that to do that I will have to be online to talk about being online...so Im just going to have to discipline myself to stay offline more I suppose...

Again, thanks.

PS...TheU2, what does that acronym stand for? Curious...
smile.gif

(EDIT) DAMN I CANT EVEN FOLLOW A THREAD...LOL...SORRY TheU2!! (END EDIT)

I have the same problem.... I can't seem to stay away from my computer. If an hour passes, and I can't check my email then I start going through withdrawel. I check my email, and all three, yes three, u2 forums that I am part of, first thing in the morning, and last thing before bed.....

This worries me, because I don't think that I fit the profile of a computer addict. I am a female in my mid 20's, single, with a very active social life, and tons of friends.... I think that I am attractive, and that people like me, I am very outgoing, and never shy..... so why do I spend so much time on line?

I think that I am the same person on line, as I am in real life, so it can't be that I am hiding behind an online personality.

Gab really isn't a shit disturber... in real life he is a friendly, warm, nice guy...
smile.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by melon:
Magnesium + Vitamin B complex + Vitamin C --> dopamine, which alleviates addictions and panic/anxiety-related disorders.

Melon

Melon, and please know that I mean this very sincerely, how did you know that? I want to ask you more specifically about the equation you wrote...isn't dopamine a chemical in the brain, that is affected by drugs (I think cocaine is one of them, but never tried it..) anyways, isn't dopamine the one that makes you feel happy? And so, does the combination of those natural substances stimulate its production? Very intriguing to me!

And btw, I've always enjoyed reading your thoughts on God and religion in FYM...and agreed most of the time too, we share alot of similar beliefs I guess..

Gabriel

And you U2_GTA ladies, you are just too kind...thanks for the warm words! I'll have extra hugs for you all the next time out!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
Was there really a need for a personal jab?

Can you not see that I was playing on his jab 'grow up already' by saying 'fuck off already'?

Sigh...

Sicy, please close this thread too. Might as well. Seems the only person who is allowed to follow others thru the forum making personal attacks is Zoomerang/Deathbear/PatheticWanker. And just so you know Sicy, while I think you're an incredibly beautiful lady, I offer that perhaps you might apply the mod a little more even-handedly. The thread that you took me to task in and subsequently closed was an invitation to post our favorite Canadian bands. Everyone came on and said their piece, and then Zoomerang shows up and very offensively trashes some people that Im personally close to, as well as all the other bands that were listed, basically saying that there is nothing decent out of Canada. I understand why you closed my Radiohead joke, as it could be construed as a post that deliberately was written to incite members who the poster would know would be offended. (I did see your closing of Danospano's dream thread and noted the principle) So why is it that my simple joke "Radiohead sucks" gets closed, but the following is a.o.k.?:

"rush sucks so much horse shit, horses dont even need to sit to shit.
if i havent made myself clear, rush is ass. theyre horrible, almost as bad as celine dion. im ashamed to share the same international borders as they do.

noone noone NOONE has a worse voice than geddy lee. NOONE. he sounds like a rat thats been doused in oil, lit on fire, and is now being drowned (but hes still on fire).

did i mention how much rush and geddy lee are the worst shitheads this country has ever produced?

and whats up with geddy?!?! seriously?!?!? why would you play bass that HIGH!?!!??! whats wrong with you??!?!? learn how to sing already.

man do they suck.
FACT: geddy lee has the worst voice of all time.

notice how i said FACT not "personal opinion." that said, my opinions are worth more than yours and i will make sure you see it my way. i live down a one way street.

noone comes on to this board and tells me they think rush is good without being harassed."

It was the last comment that particularly set me off. I must have missed Zoomerang's moderator title somewhere.

Im all for rules, while balanced against the right to free speech. But this asshole has made it his aim to deliberately harrass me, by his own admission. I only mention it in this thread because I can't reply to a closed thread and being such a newbie Im not sure how to get in touch with you.

One thing I CAN say about myself is that I very rarely say things to deliberately harass someone unless Im first provoked, although it sometimes just comes naturally, which Im not all that proud of.

Gabriel

Originally posted by gabrielvox:
Can you not see that I was playing on his jab 'grow up already' by saying 'fuck off already'?

I guess I am not as clever as some. I do not have ESP or any of dion warwicks friends telling me you are "playing". I can not just read some thing and say to my self "hhmmm I can tell by the way I can hear him typing that he must be playing". It may help to put a wink at the end or some other kind of notice to us "slow folks" who might happen to read this thread and think you are mean and spiteful.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Was there really a need for a personal jab?

Exactly. I dont think you know how things work around here. Grow up already and Fuck off are slightly different phrases. Both of you are being immature and you guys need to knock if off.

And I didnt close Danospano's thread.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 05-14-2002).]

being such a newbie Im not sure how to get in touch with you.

email.

------------------
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

I guess I am not as clever as some. I do not have ESP or any of dion warwicks friends telling me you are "playing". I can not just read some thing and say to my self "hhmmm I can tell by the way I can hear him typing that he must be playing". It may help to put a wink at the end or some other kind of notice to us "slow folks" who might happen to read this thread and think you are mean and spiteful.

Just so I dont misunderstand, as I dont think he posted any winkies or anything either in his jab, but his jab was called for and appropriate while mine was not?

Im slowly getting a feel for the ZC section 'formula': post a sincere confession, have some wanker come and question your sincerity and tell you to grow up, and then when you reply back in kind, get labelled 'mean and spiteful'. Ok, got it.

(post deleted for blatant insincerity)

Of course, someone who realizes that they've been an ass but can do nothing about it as the thread is closed and so realizes that they may have a problem and so then confesses it in ZC can't possibly be sincere. Silly me.

i'm sure posts like this have nothing to do with it. and way to totally edit your original post after everyone replied to you. nice job.
icon13.gif

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Hi Gabriel,
I TOTALLY can relate to the whole internet addiction thing. It got so bad at one point that I got BUSTED at work (and we're talking IT sending my boss a full log of all my hits, pages, etc etc) and as a result had my internet banned. They would KILL me if they got a look at my email!!!
eek.gif

ack! my biggest fear played out in your life. yikes!

Originally posted by Sicy:

And I didnt close Danospano's thread.

Oops my bad, totally. That was Salome. Mind you, I did smile at it, and yes Im a believer...
smile.gif

Gabriel

------------------
"...well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"
BTBS, Rattle and Hum

* sigh

Well yes since you edited your post, the thread doesnt make much of any sense anymore.
I dont see a need to continue.

Like I said, if you want to discuss anything with me regarding the forum or anything else, email would be the best way to do it.
If you choose not to and I see this crap between you and deathbear continue I'm going to lock deathbear in the closet and you in a cement box.

Thanks.

------------------
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom