Im a terrible matron of honour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucky charms

War Child
Jess and Paul's wedding is approaching. With Char and I sharing the bridal party responsibility of making sure Jessica doesnt walk the wrong way :lol: I feel bad that I am not more help to her.

Here Char is taking a whole week to go to Maryland, stay with Jess and help her out with last minute things. And she'll be there on Saturday for the pre-wedding festivities. She'll be there helping Jess get ready.

And where am I. I am too busy to take time off work. Especially now that my co-worker has left. I cant afford the cost of the overnight stays in NY - the hotel is quite costly plus we have exchang on top of that.
I have a hubby who I must arrange things around as well. This means Im not there to help at all. Im driving down on Sunday and returning Sunday.

And I feel real bad for not being able to help out. Show up sure, but I should be doing more than that.

Jess, I think you should toss me out on my ear for being such a baaaaad matron of honour.... :|

OOOOOOOOOOH Don't be so silly!!!! :tongue: The main thing is that you are showing up and making a funny speech. That's the part that matters to me! :yes:

And besides, there really isn't that much to do, I've done it all already. :lol: Char is helping us load the car and we are getting our feet done and stuff, but don't feel that there are important tasks that you are missing out on. Just make sure you show up on time at the hotel! :laugh:

:hug:

When I was my best friend's maid of honor, I was unable to do much because I couldn't take a lot of time off from work, didn't have much money, and we lived about 500 miles apart. I was able to make it back one weekend for her bridal shower, and I made it for the rehearsal and actual wedding (of course!)...but that was it. I gave them a wedding gift, but I didn't buy her a bridal shower gift, because I was so poor. :reject: I ended up leaving the party to run down the street to the marina to find a little piece of cement on one of the breakwaters (our favorite place)...and that was my gift. :lmao: :heart: :reject:

Bonochick said:
When I was my best friend's maid of honor, I was unable to do much because I couldn't take a lot of time off from work, didn't have much money, and we lived about 500 miles apart. I was able to make it back one weekend for her bridal shower, and I made it for the rehearsal and actual wedding (of course!)...but that was it. I gave them a wedding gift, but I didn't buy her a bridal shower gift, because I was so poor. :reject: I ended up leaving the party to run down the street to the marina to find a little piece of cement on one of the breakwaters (our favorite place)...and that was my gift. :lmao: :heart: :reject:

now if they dont charge me duty on take out food across the border Id be all set, all Id have to pack were 4 entrees from the Mandarin, a Tims coffee, some Ketchup chips, some genuine Greg's ice cream and the largest ceasar salad I can find..oh yah and a rack of ribs to wash it all down....and a travelling chocolate fountain...then she wouldnt need the brunch...she could just eat her takeout.

:lmao:

now all I have to figure out is finding a bag big enough. :drool:

:lmao:

Lisa!! You are so silly! You already know how efficient Jess is with her to-do lists and such...do you think there was anything left for me to help with? So far all I have done this week is see U2 twice, drink wine and eat myself silly. Well, I folded the wedding programs but that took all of 5 minutes. There was literally nothing left to help with.

The most important part is being there, which you will be!

:wave: :D

I have to say...you two appeared to be the perfect matrons of honor...Jess was just as relaxed as could be... and you both looked gorgeous in purple!!

I just wished I could've spent more time talking to both of you!! There's always the blue crack!

Back
Top Bottom