I'm A Night Owl...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
...and I don't have the will power to sleep.

Not necessarily a good trait to have. I guess this is the part where I either ask to be shut up or ask for advice. Either one would probably help.

hooters.jpg

Last edited:
They have owls on their shirts...

I tried posting the picture of inflatable owls, but it was a broken link. I figured I'd settle for the "next" best thing.

they're opening a hooters like a mile from my apartment. i do like their food. i should probably hate it because it objectifies women, but i don't care. :shrug:

i do feel weird going there though because i'm trying to stare at the waitress's face and not her, ahem, hooters...but they're right in my face. :yikes:

I'm a total night owl...but my boyfriend is pretty much always in bed by 10:00, and I always just go to bed then too. Not only that, but he can fall asleep instantly, whereas I usually take at least an hour. :crazy: It's so frustrating listening to him sleep as I struggle to do the same. :mad:

I'm a night owl too..

it's not like I'm even busy or anything. I can't sleep. I just wander my room endlessly doing nothing and just picking things to do.. and eventually when my body begins to give way that's when I know when to hit the sack. but when I hit the sack I lay there, staring at the ceiling, in this pitch black room and I can't sleep like that for some reason. so I stay up another hour or so trying to fall asleep...

.. BUT.. my cure to falling asleep was listening to music when I sleep.
I listen to a variety of music, and I found that U2 makes me sleep the quickest :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:
they're opening a hooters like a mile from my apartment. i do like their food. i should probably hate it because it objectifies women, but i don't care. :shrug:

i do feel weird going there though because i'm trying to stare at the waitress's face and not her, ahem, hooters...but they're right in my face. :yikes:
:| Are this places realy there ?

I'm a night owl as well. I'm 16, so I go to school, so I should probably sleep early, but even on schooldays I stay awake well into the morning doing all my hobbies like guitar, sketching, reading, writing, or just laying back in my chair and listening to music.

I feel like I'm wasting time when I sleep.

The owner of Hooters went to my (very, very conservative) university. They don't like to advertise that fact.

I almost never sleep before midnight.

I generally keep the lights of the room ON when I go to bed.

On most occasions, I listen to music before sleep..and music goes on 30 minutes ( or thereabouts) after I sleep.

I hate getting up before 9 am...and I do it only if I have to board a train or a flight or something like that.

I sleep alone all the time.

If you're all up late you may want to tune into my latenight radio show - here's the details...
Serving Insomniacs, Drunks, The Lonely, Cabbies, Nightshifters and Oddballs since 1998
THE WEE HOURS
Thursday Nights (Friday Mornings)
1 a.m. - 6 a.m. Central Standard Time
www.umfm.com
Broadcasting live on CJUM 101.5 FM in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
and yes I do play U2!!!

I am most defenitly a night owl too and my mom thinks I'm sick because of it. :| I love staying up all night long but indeed it's a bit weird sometimes. I go to bed at 2:00 am every night (not feeling sleepy at all) and have to wake up at 6:00 am, so that's not really nice. :crazy: When I don't have to wake up early in the next morning I usually go to bed at 4-5:00 am and I love it! :dancing:

Last edited:
I'm a total night owl and love sleeping till noon when possible.:drool:

As far as hooters go...can you really think of a less appealing look for women; orange shorts from the 70's and they have to wear them with HOSE!!! I hate the place for several reasons...

I, too, am a Night Owl, have been so since my teen years.

I like staying up late, it extends the day....gives me time to read and write and listen to music...things that I might not have time to do if I went to sleep at 11pm nightly.

Lately, I've been trolling around Interference at night, the more concerts I go to, the more I want to further immerse myself in all things U2, it's a vicious cycle, but a good one, methinks.

What a niche group, Nightowlish U2 fanatics.

yea i'm one too. since i started uni and watching letterman and conan obrien i think 12:00a on a school night is early.

i just remembered one of the main reasons i don't like mornings: i hate breakfast. i don't like eggs, bacon, sausage, or coffee. :yuck:

so it's really hard for me to think of stuff to eat. plus in the mornings i don't feel like cooking so it's not like i can make pancakes or waffles in the morning. i get soooo sick of pop-tarts and english muffins and bagels.

I was a night owl for quite a while in the late fall and most of the way through the winter. When I started having to get up at 6 a.m. to go to work, that cured me of that habit pretty quickly, but if I'm stressed out or upset, an early bedtime is usually the first thing to go. I can function decently on four hours of sleep, but even slightly less than that and I'm a grumpy, unproductive mess.

I drove to and from NYC on Sunday on four hours of sleep. :up: But during the week, staying up past midnight is late for me anymore. It hasn't been unusual to find me up at three or four a.m. on a Sunday, though, even recently.

I'm a night owl and always have been, even when I was a little kid. My parents had a terrible time getting me to go to bed at a decent hour.

Nowadays I try to be in bed my midnight if I have to work the next day. If not, I'm up until 2 or even 3 a.m. and sleep until at least noon the next day. This morning I stayed in bed until 1:30 p.m. :reject:

This is one group I defininitely fit in to (yes, ninitely).

I'm so out of it I can't spell right!! ( Actually, I'm just not warmed up yet...)

At this point in my life, I have so much spare time it's incredible, and my actualy options are few, because it's that strange gap between HS and college, and I don't have a job or anything, nor any friends close by that I can hang out with or stay up late with.

I've got a lot of alone time, which is very strange.

Sometimes I spend all day doing nothing, and then wait until the last minute to start something, or even do more nothing.

Yet other times, be laying in bed, and something will come to me, and it's like...... damn, I have to go write something.

That happens often.

Or like tonight, I was reading "THE U2 READER" - a great book about the band - interviews and what not. And I was reading it for an hour,then began to doze off... but nothing was really happening so...

I've gotten to the point where I don't fight it, I don't stress over it. I just get up and do something, because I'm just in that sort of mood.

I have no biorythem what so ever, especially since this last week was "spring break"....

Oh, and as far as Hooters goes....
Look, I've only been 2wice maybe, but their hamburger rolls are incredible bad. My dad's burger ended up falling apart so bad it looked like his burger meat was wrapped in a snowball......

Other than that, no real complaints.

I honestly don't have *too* much of a problem with Hooters. I don't like women being objectified in any way, but a lot of the women who work there are happy to be there, and I've never come across one that has said - Why are these guys staring at me!?! or 'I hate this JOB!'

I also respect soap operas, too. Guys and Gals like different things.

Personally, I find women incredibly beautiful and intriguing, and I just like them a lot. But that's for another post.

One of the reasons I am a hardcore O.W.L.
(don't know what it stands for yet..... :huh: )
is because I ramble on so damn much, and when I write it just flows sometimes.

It's like a weird form of mental stimulation/release.... or maybe instant gratification.

But I'll hold off...........
for now............

OH YEAH!!!!!!

ONE MORE THING, all you night owls----------

LUNAR ECLIPSE TONIGHT
it's sort of already passed, at least the first part, when I am writing this now.

But here, where I live in NY, it was a huge orange moon, bright orange, orange red. WIsh I had a digital camera (wish I had a camera...). But it was really cool, even though it hid behind the trees quickly.

I'll go check again

It was so low on the horizon, too!!
A true NIGHT OWL experience.

*sigh* semi romantic moment......

I think about "this girl" alot, and, she always talks about how it would be great to spend a night together, and then fall asleep just before dawn.....

It really would be like the ultimate "comfort" thing, because we'd obviously wouldn't be waking up until the afternoon.....

But that's sort of one of those golden images you think about sometimes......

but enough about that........

Sometimes it seems like you can just see more clrearly at night, even though other times, you can "feel", or sense more powerfully, too...

It's hard to say which is which

Back
Top Bottom