I'm a nervous wreck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Yesterday when I was leaving for work my parents got a phone call from Georgia. It seems like my grandmother isn't doing well. She has really high blood pressure and isn't breathing well, and, gosh, she's 102 years old........that's right, she was born in Atlanta in 1901 when it was a small Southern town. My parents immediately left for Georgia to check on the situation, but I couldn't go. I am very close to my grandmother. I am afraid I'm going to lose another loved one. This is not exactly fun.

I lost my grandmother in january. Worst kind of pain I have ever falt. We were extremely close. :sad: Sorry, I don't mean to scare you or anything. Hope she makes it!! Good luck for all! :hug:

If you get the chance to see your grandma I would go...dont ya think shed like to see you...sometimes people put off passng away and ending the suffereing cuz they have unfinished business and stuff. like telling people they love them.
you can say that over the phone but its not the same.
my grandma is very old too in her 90's if she passes away i probably wont be there cuz she lives so far away
Ic ant say that im "close to her " though...she has probably 30 or so grand kids so what do ya expect and she cant really remember who is who..
shell ask ya bunch of times if she can get ya something to eat when ya visit.
shell ask it like once a minute.
even though my uncle does all that now.
but shes so cute and such a delight to be around.
shes always been nice never said an unkind word to or about anyone and worked hard all her life..
im sure most people here can say that about thier grandmas.
dont let fear get in the way of holding your granmas hand one more time

I feel for ya, my grandmother has refused to go to the dr. the last 4 years, and we recently found out that during that time she had breast cancer, which has now moved into her bones. if she can tolerate the chemo (sp?) therapy, she has maybe 4 years max. but she's 88 and has lived a full life with very little going wrong, i consider myself (and her) lucky that we've gone this long without major problems.

It's really frustrating when they won't go to the doctor. We had someone like that in my family, but she died before I was born. If I had something like cancer I'd definitely go to the doctor even though the chemo and stuff is pretty hellish to go through. My boss at the library had breast cancer a few years ago, and it was hard on everyone there. She's a real trooper and got through it OK, but it was very stressful, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom