I'm a loser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UltravioletU2

The Fly
I work all day with people (I waitress and teach- funny combo, but I need lots of work since we just bought a house).

When I get home I WANNA RELAX AND BE BY MYSELF!! I don't want to go out with old friends for wings and beer for the zillionth time (boring).

Come the weekend I've just completed a 6 hour shift waitressing on my feet all day. I get home at 10pm, and I don't want to go out.

My husband thinks I'm boring.

Is there anyone out there who can stick up for us introverts? I hate feeling like a loser just because going out doing the same old same old doesn't thrill me. I enjoy coming home and relaxing with something to eat and my computer. I am just not a social butterfuly and don't want to feel like outcast because I need time to myself to be rejuvinated. People make me think that because I don't want to go out all the time something is wrong with me.

My husband wants me to be social like him, but I'm just not. I'm not antisocial, I'm just an introvert. I'm friendly and well liked, but I like time with ME!

Can anyone relate, or am I just a loser?

Ohhh no, you're not a loser. I'm just the same. I'm working really hard lately and when I get home and finish all the work I have, I just want to sit and watch TV or go online or read. I think people who aren't working as hard just don't get that if you're busy for like fourteen hours a day then when you finally get a break, going to the pub or something is just not what you need. I'm too freaking tired to want to do anything energetic most of the time. :yawn:

And I like having some me time as well. :happy:

:ohmy: I could have written that post myself!

You are far from a loser...to me, my home is my sanctuary, a place to get away from all the crap of the world. I don't even answer my phone anymore because I just don't want to deal with other poeple and their drama.

I'm lucky because my husband feels the same way so we hide out together...we have friends and do family things...we're not antisocial but we prefer to be home. We are known in our family as "Mr. & Mrs. No-Show" but who cares...we're happy :)

Introverts :up:

i'm an extrovert all the way. :eek:

but, i do like staying in sometimes, though usually i stay in with people or am chatting so i spose that...still makes me an extrovert meaning my post is sorta pointless so far...:crack: :scratch:

but i'd still say you aren't a loser by any means.

Just because you want to relax after being on your feet all day doesn't make you a loser.....it makes you normal....

I not the type to just spontaneously go out after work...if it's planned ahead that's fine, but I love to sit with my feet up at the tv or online when I come home from work.

UltravioletU2 said:

Come the weekend I've just completed a 6 hour shift waitressing on my feet all day. I get home at 10pm, and I don't want to go out.

My husband thinks I'm boring.

Then maybe your husband can try to make the house payments without your waitress income!! Sheesh!!
This man needs to cut you some slack and beg your forgiveness on bended knee for giving you a ration because you're tired from working all the time!!!!!! :tsk: :tsk:

Anyway, I'm not a social person, either. Most, almost all, of my friends are really my husband's friends. Fortunately, he has excellent taste in friends, and they all like me a great deal. But he's really the only person I can spend a lot of time with and not want to run away from. I travel alone, I prefer working alone; I like spending time by myself. I enjoy U2 concerts by myself! You are not a loser, just harrassed.

I hear ya! Everyone thinks I'm antisocial because I like spending a quiet evening or even a quiet weekend by myself. I hate it when people ask on Monday, "So, what did you do over the weekend?" I always feel like the expected answer is supposed to be "Oh, I went to a party at so-and-so's house," and I feel like a freak when I say, "Oh, nothing much." But the truth is a great deal of the time I PREFER staying in, reading, chatting online, watching TV, etc., to going to some noisy bar or someplace like that. I don't know how many times I've gone to some boring party and wished I'd just stayed home. Then again, there have been times when I've gone to a party and had a great time, but the point is I don't want to do it ALL the time. I think some people just don't have as great a need for social contact as others, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Bono's shades said:
I hear ya! Everyone thinks I'm antisocial because I like spending a quiet evening or even a quiet weekend by myself. I hate it when people ask on Monday, "So, what did you do over the weekend?" I always feel like the expected answer is supposed to be "Oh, I went to a party at so-and-so's house," and I feel like a freak when I say, "Oh, nothing much." But the truth is a great deal of the time I PREFER staying in, reading, chatting online, watching TV, etc., to going to some noisy bar or someplace like that. I don't know how many times I've gone to some boring party and wished I'd just stayed home. Then again, there have been times when I've gone to a party and had a great time, but the point is I don't want to do it ALL the time. I think some people just don't have as great a need for social contact as others, and there is nothing wrong with that.

:yes: That sounds SO much like me. I'm the youngest person in my office (21) and the only unmarried/unengaged one, so I feel like a freak too when people ask what I did over the weekend and I say I did nothing. I just don't know many people in my area, and it's really hard to meet people, especially since I don't have any money because I'm saving up to go to graduate school in England next year. Also, I'm not really into the whole pretentious, making political contacts social scene in DC. :slant:

I'm definitely an introvert. I work from home alone, i go to the movies alone, I do pretty much almost everything alone. All my friends are either too far or busy, and I'm kind of shy sometimes. I guess it takes the right group of friends to get me to go out more. The only person you can catch me hanging out with is my 6 year old daughter:)

Back
Top Bottom