If you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
Had a roomate who basically only communicated to you through notes, most of those notes telling you to do something....would you get a little annoyed? I mean you LIVE with the person for crying out loud and you can't talk to them! Not to mention that usually the stuff they are bitching at you to do really isn't your responsibility....

:grumpy:

i worked for a guy for 20 years that communicated through yellow post-its. to this day, those little post-its irritate me. :grumpy:

its like "why can't you just talk to me and tell me this stuff?"

My boss and her assistant communicate with me via note.

They are within talking distance, but they will simply leave a note on my desk when I'm in the bathroom. :|

Just write her little notes back. :D

And then....do whatever the hell you want.

that's what i'm most nervous about when it comes to college.....is a roommate. i've always had a room to myself, and for the last 11 years or so a bathroom to myself (ever since my sis went to college). i'm excited/nervous at the same time. there are very few people that i don't like, but there's always those random people who for some reason don't like me. oh well i'll suck it up.

Yeah, I was thinking about leaving her a note that said, "I live down the hall from you, stop wasting trees and open your big mouth"

I don't think that'd work too well though....but I'm seriously more than a little aggravated. She doesn't speak to me, ever. I have two other roomies besides her but still.....:angry:

Oh my gosh, my roomie I had in my dorm room and I got along so awfully it resulted in us just communicating through notes, basically saying, "Stop doing this because it pisses me off...don't do that because it's fucking annoying..." :blahblah: I have lots of stories I could share of shit she did to me. She ended up moving out within two weeks. Housing usually makes people wait two weeks once you've filed for a housing change, but it was so obvious we should not be together that they just let her leave immediately. I was roomie-free for the rest of the semester. :D

U2Dem...the main problem is that most people in this world (and I've noticed they haven't been U2 fans--i don't think that's mere coincidence, i think you need a good heart to like U2) are basically selfish fucktards. People like me, get stomped on repeatedly.

I have nothing good to say about my past roommate. :|

I will say one shitty thing she did...

She left our room for a few minutes, and when she returned, she found me facedown on the floor, not moving. Instead of being concerned, she figured I was "playing" and said she continued to talk to me and step over my body for about 5 minutes before she thought, hmmm...maybe something really IS wrong. :rolleyes:

stars,

it sounds like you will have to confront her about it. she wll probably respect your maturity and grace if you handle it well. good luck!

I just got it...is it possible that she's jealous of you and your blue crack friends...????? I mean you're a relative newcomer since August but you've got over 4K posts ,,, spend a lot of time here and not with her???? just a wild thought....

ps....I married my last roommate! :heart:

Last edited:
Stars, does she send you notes because she doesn't like you?

PS: Stars and U2democrat -- I miss our thread. :( :hug: :hug:

Bonochick said:
I have nothing good to say about my past roommate. :|

I will say one shitty thing she did...

She left our room for a few minutes, and when she returned, she found me facedown on the floor, not moving. Instead of being concerned, she figured I was "playing" and said she continued to talk to me and step over my body for about 5 minutes before she thought, hmmm...maybe something really IS wrong. :rolleyes:

:ohmy:

I had good luck w/ my roommate b/c we picked each other in high school. Usually that will go sour, but she was really the only person I could live w/ in my group of friends and my mom and gymnastics coach agreed. It mainly worked b/c we're not the type of people that assume something is wrong when there's silence. We've been on long trips and can ride for 3 hrs or so w/o speaking to each other. We have respect for personal space. She's not my roommate anymore b/c we have a house now but if I pound on my wall she will answer.

As for those concerned w/ entering college, but advice is, have an open mind! You get people from everywhere all thrown together within feet of each other. Honestly, I LOVED the dorms. Before college, I'd shared a room w/ at least one sibling since I was 6 and a BED (not a bunk bed, just a regular bed) with my sister who's 5 years younger than me from 9 to when I moved out at 17 (we are not the kind of sisters who are best friends either). So the dorms were a sweet deal - having my own bed, only sharing a room w/ one person, yada yada....but then you get people who've never ever had to share anything, people with like 8 siblings, people who freak out b/c they were previously attached at the hip to their parents....just all kinds of things like that. Forget what you know, just go in there and observe. Take it one day at a time until you've got them all figured out.

Stars, if she won't even say hi back to you, I'd just forget about her and move on :(

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
:yikes: can i hear any positive stories about roomies so i don't frickin piss myself before i go off to college?

I didn't get along with my first roommate (I usually get along with EVERYONE because I'm pretty easy-going, but she was super clingy and wouldn't even go downstairs to the vending machine alone), but luckily another girl who lived in my hall didn't get along with her roommate either, so we talked to the dorm director and switched roommates and everything worked out great, apart from the normal little annoyances that I think always pop up when you live in the same room as someone. My second year I requested to have an international student as my roommate, and it was great...she was really nice, I got to eat a lot of Japanese food :wink: , and she left after one semester, so I got a private room for half the year. My third and final year, my roommate was kind of bad (her mom would always call asking about her and I'd have to make up excuses for her), but we got along okay because she was gone all the time and then her mom pulled her out of college after the first semester because she was failing everything, so I got a private room again. :D

I could never have done the dorm thing. I visit my friends dorm rooms and I want to throw up from the disgusting claustrophobia. I think about the people I know in school, and how I would throw myself out the nearest window if I had to live with them.

I am so glad I have been able to live at home for these 4 years.

try four girls in one room in a sorority - that can become a major bitch fest - even more fun when one of them (not me - that what an off-campus boyfriend was for:wink:) snuck a male "friend" into the room at night - talk about having to go to your "happy place"

Flat mate dilemmas- Aggh! The story of my life since moving out of home in March.

Maybe you could speak to her and ask her to say things to you instead of leaving you little notes. Perhaps she leaves them because she is too chicken to ask you face to face. I thought about leaving a note for my manic depressant flatmate to not leave the kitchen and my dinner table in a filthy greasy mess after making popcorn, and cleaning up the stuff she'd left strewn across the loungeroom, but was afraid she'd react badly.

Anyways, I asked her face to face last nite (after I'd cleaned the kitchen and table at 10:30 nite before) and she cleaned up her stuff, walked out for half an hour, came back, and declared she was moving out. She got on a plane to Melbourne this morning. An interesting way to react to a simple request...now where was I going?

Yeah, the point is, the kitchen, table, and loungeroom mess was driving me to distraction, so I thought I'd finally mention it politely before another day could pass and I would blow my top- I got a result, even though it was odd.

Talk to her about it.

Talking hasn't helped...I don't know what her problem is....

I've NEVER been late paying any bill and I came home to a note today telling me about what $ I owe for the bills (which I may add aren't even due for another week and a half) and asking me to vacuum the family room again because "there is still shit all over". And the "Thanks!" with the smiley face at the bottom was an nice little touch.

:sad:

I send the bill amounts out to my housemates two weeks before I need them :reject: I figure, if others are like me, they need to budget their pay check which goes out every two weeks. Why doesn't SHE vaccum the living room if she thinks it's dirty? At my house, I always vacuum the public rooms, but that's b/c it's my vacuum, my carpet, my cats shedding, and I don't mind vaccuming. In the dorms, we shared a bathroom and made a schedule at the beginning of the year so between 4 people, every weekend someone cleaned the bathroom. That way, we didn't have to leave each other notes and no one had an excuse for forgetting.

Well....she's told me twice already about when the bills were due and she knows what day I get paid---the note was just plain bitchy.

And we do have a schedule for cleaning....I really think she was just being mean because I vacummed well, I know this. Besides, the kitchen floor are skanky and that's her job--I don't know how she had any room to do that since she hasn't even taken care of what she's responsible for.

I just feel really unwelcome in my OWN apartment....that's BS.

Tell her that you really don't have the time to think about and address every single note every day. Tell her that if she has household issues she may either set up a time to talk to you about them or write one letter at the end of each week and you will get back to her at your conveinance.

You have a lot of emotional integrity and sound like a nice, sensitive person. She sounds like a control freak. But honestly tell her if she wants to communicate with you she will have to find another way because you do not have the time to read 20 post its a day. Throw it back in her court and set your bounderies!

Good Luck Stars!

Back
Top Bottom