I write really long replies in FYM and then delete them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually do short rebuttals or statements but I delete them because I'm too afraid of being laughed at or afraid of being sucked into a flamefest (like a certain "sexy vegan" thread). :silent:

Once in a while, I write something out of anger, and then just decide to never post it. I'm often not in the mood to defend myself from a flame war.

Melon

starsforu2 said:
I've written at least 10 rebuttals in the last 2 weeks to something ludicrous I've read, only to vent enough to delete the post before I've posted it.

Anyone else do that?

I'm not sure if they are really long replies, but they are often really nasty. But I always delete the really nasty ones -- I don't want to be banned just yet. :wink:

So if anyone out there thinks some of my replies are nasty -- you should have seen what I deleted. :ohmy: :D

Starsforu2 usually deletes them and then verbally gives me the speech later :cute:
So when you are all spared the agony of his long winded but well thought out speeches, Im at home listening to him rattle on about foreign policy or some shite like that
Then again, I find it far more adorable than any of you would :laugh:

Before I came to Interference I used to frequent a forum that had a lot of knock-down, drag-out political debates. When I first came here I scanned FYM briefly and decided to avoid it.

Very ironic name for a forum though, given the comments here.

Re: Re: I write really long replies in FYM and then delete them

indra said:

I'm not sure if they are really long replies, but they are often really nasty. But I always delete the really nasty ones -- I don't want to be banned just yet. :wink:

So if anyone out there thinks some of my replies are nasty -- you should have seen what I deleted. :ohmy: :D

Ditto, and not just in FYM. My husband doesn't call me acid mouth for nothing.

:hug: Thanks guys and gals. Even though we may vehemently disagree at least we've all had the good sense occasionally to :censored: in private instead of at each other.

Have a good weekend! :wave:

FYI -- Sometimes it's because I get mad, sometimes it's because I don't have enough time or information to support my assertion, sometimes it's because some of us don't agree on some very basic foundational issues which make my arguments slide because I place them on different bedrock than others.

Having different definitions of truth or goodness can sometimes make debating very difficult :yes:

I do it all the time, too.

Though almost none of my replies actually make it into posts... I think I've posted in there a whole 3 or 4 times, even though I read it every day.

Yeah... wel.. maybe I should adopt that policy.

I often write a lot and think about deleting it

But then I don't, and leave obnoxiously large posts. Before I go to sleep tonight, I am going to confess a lot, and that is one thing....

I... write a lot........ :sad:

BUt hey, i feel you man.
Sometimes you just have to move on to the next thread, no matter how good what you wanted to say was.

:up:

It's alright
It;s alright
It's alright - she moves in mysterious ways...........

old school country song......

"Once a day,
everyday,
all day long..."

yeah, and who knows what THEY were talking about..... :wink:

Most long term members of FYM probably do this - me included.

And it is a good exercise to think through a reply, carefully addressing the topic you want to discuss. Otherwise, it will be misinterpreted and frustration abounds.

Back
Top Bottom