I witnessed a crime today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Someone stole a laptop from the room two floors below me today and I saw them and they saw me. Now I'm scared because they know where I live. :scream::sad::uhoh:

I wouldnt know what to do either :( Did they look mean? If you report them, they might come after you. :slant:

Sicy said:
I wouldnt know what to do either :( Did they look mean? If you report them, they might come after you. :slant:

I don't know. I just saw him for a split second, when I was shutting my window. I filed a report, but I didn't see them well enough to give anything useful except what time the break-in happened. Since the police are doing fingerprints and all, I figured that they know that I saw them anyway, so I'm sure they'd think I reported them even if I hadn't. Out of all the 30 people who live in this building, why did I have to be the one to see it?? :scream:

I hope so. It's just that the police were here and even if I'd said I hadn't seen anything, the kid still knows that I DID see him. I doubt they'll even find him since this sort of thing happens all the time here, but I wish it didnt' have to happen in my building. :sad: :nervousbreakdown:

I'm really scared to ever leave my room now.

I'd bet who ever did it is too scared now to do anything else.....if he comes back drop kick him

:hug: meggie :hug:

just watch your surroundings. i'm sure everything will be ok. if he just saw you through the window, he probably wouldn't even recognize you again :shrug:

Yes, things will be fine. He's a petty thief, I don't think he will do anything.

But, see if you can get some pepper spray, it might make you feel a bit safer.

He's probably hoping you don't realise (now looking back) that he was stealing something. If he tries to see you or something, he is only risking his neck. Its not worth him to do that with 'just a laptop'.
Be careful meggie :hug:

By now, consider the laptop in the hands of a buyer and the thief has counted his money and its already spent! I really don't think you need to worry...now, if you saw him a public place while you were shopping, I suspect he would get away from you as fast as he could and you should do the same.

:yes:

My flatmate just knocked on my door and told me to come into the kitchen and look outside, and guess what? Two little girls (around 10 years old) were trying to break into the kitchen of the flat on the ground floor. They were shoving plastic bags into the space between the window and the bars and trying to set them on fire, but they couldn't get the lighter lit. :rolleyes: So my flatmate went downstairs to see if anyone was in that flat to tell them what was going on and the guys there were soooooooooooo confused and when they finally realized what was going on, they said something to the girls and they laughed and went away. Apparently they were also downstairs in the building earlier because some IDIOT(s) keeps letting people in who don't live here.

I'd better not come home one day to find some random kid in my flat. :down:

Oh, and this is the SAME flat that was broken into on Friday and these people are still leaving their windows open when they aren't in and leaving their laptops in full view right in front of the windows. :crack:

meegannie said:
Oh, and this is the SAME flat that was broken into on Friday and these people are still leaving their windows open when they aren't in and leaving their laptops in full view right in front of the windows. :crack:
:der: I'd be so paranoid after that first thing, I'd be locking and hiding everything. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom