I wish I did not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
like the girl I have been dating for the last 3 1/2 months as much as I do......because it just does not seem like it is going to workout and that sucks. damn!

she says she is not sure what she wants and does not how much she is into me. (meaning I know I really like this girl and she is not sure were she stands) Says she has never not been into me, but that sometimes she is and sometimes she is not sure.

Also says that she is not sure if that "thing" is there or not and that she is rather confused as to why she does not know that. I get so many mixed signals from her.....she is very honest and I know it is eating at her that she does not know what she wants and she feels it is unfair to me. I would just think that after 3.5 months you would have some feeling one way or the other? Just odd to me when she tells me I am the nicest guy she has met since she has been in DC and that she always has fun with me, etc. How can she not know? Very confussing to me.

Oh well I am going to go to NC this weekend and break my neck learning to surf with a former college teammate.

DiGi dear, she's being a girl. flat out. that is SUCH a girl way to act. it's like "i enjoy his company, and there's nothing valid i can really say i DON'T like about him, but there's something there that i'm not sure of, so i don't want to committ anymore." hmm...that feels oddly familiar...anyhoo (hah) you should make sure that she's not staying with you out of familiarity.

joost my 2 cents

I completely agree with Lilly. Girls make no sense. That's our secret. I know I make no sense (hence my trademark :confused: ).

Hang in there, and have a good time this weekend! :) Maybe it'll help to take your mind off things.

DiGi I have been that girl before. :| It really sucks.. and I realize now that if you dont feel 100% into the person.. end it! The sooner the better cuz its just going to cause heartache for one of you later.

I'm sorry.. (( hugs ))

Sicy said:
DiGi I have been that girl before. :| It really sucks.. and I realize now that if you dont feel 100% into the person.. end it! The sooner the better cuz its just going to cause heartache for one of you later.

I'm sorry.. (( hugs ))

Hmmmm, this all sounds so familiar......(This has been the last three weeks of my life).

I was in a very similar situation not too long ago...and yeah, it's very tough. :(

My advice (some of it learned the hard way) - don't put any unnecessary pressure on her, if you have a feeling it's not going to work out, talk to her and maybe you can come to a close on it in a good, healthy way that can keep some form of friendship going, if that's what you want. It's no good to just try and hide the uncertainty - it'll only lead to more heartache, so it'd probably be best to actively try and work out a solution - even if it's to break up - yeah, it'll hurt, but it's better than stringing out the uncertainty over many months/years. Or who knows, maybe with time she might find that elusive "thing." Either way, there's bound to be some heartache, but keep your hopes up and give her plenty of time and space she needs to think things out (but don't give her eternity to do so!).

thanks.

I like this girl and I am not ready to toss in the towel, so I guess what I want to do is just continue to see her, have fun and not put an once of pressure on her or bring up her issue unless she wants to talk about it?

My approach to a lot of things in life is that it all works out in the end and everything happens for a reason, so I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
DiGi said:
thanks.

I like this girl and I am not ready to toss in the towel, so I guess what I want to do is just continue to see her, have fun and not put an once of pressure on her or bring up her issue unless she wants to talk about it?

My approach to a lot of things in life is that it all works out in the end and everything happens for a reason, so I guess time will tell.

Good luck! :)

Yeah but you cant just keep seeing her and pretend like nothing is wrong. :slant:

I wish you luck too DiGi.

we shall see. if i have something to say i will say it.....but no need to beat the same horse each day either.

btw, surfing is kinda hard and my back is nice and burnt.

don't do this to yourself or her...as much as you like her, if i were you i'd consider long and hard if it's worth breaking your heart even more...i mean, the longer this facade lasts, the more it will hurt.

i had decided i need to tell her i was going to do my own thing till she figured out her deal.

So I went to her house last night we went for a walk and she told me it was just not going off for her right now. I kinda knew this was coming just had been hoping for a long time that was not the case. Her big mistake

man, I can relate.
Girls will mess you up and half the time they think they're doing nothing out of the ordinary.

Something I learned about girls:
If you want a girl to like and want to date you MUST NOT become friends with her.
If you become friends with a girl your chances of romance with her are all but finished.

Its stupid and it makes no sense but its true.
DON'T BECOME THE BEST FRIEND
that was my mistake.

hey digi are you coming up here next weekend?

i think you need some nice, sweaty, physical labor to get your mind off things....

no surfin up here unless you wanna go in the Mon, and i dont advise it....

come on, you can be our first house guest!

Basstrap said:
man, I can relate.
Girls will mess you up and half the time they think they're doing nothing out of the ordinary.

Something I learned about girls:
If you want a girl to like and want to date you MUST NOT become friends with her.
If you become friends with a girl your chances of romance with her are all but finished.

Its stupid and it makes no sense but its true.
DON'T BECOME THE BEST FRIEND
that was my mistake.

i don't agree at all...and i'm a girl (heh)...i mean, i'm not all that experienced or anything, but i think it's very important that there is a strong bond first...if it's all based on physical attraction, then it's going nowhere...girls may "mess you up", but based on my experience it goes both ways

elizabeth said:
hey digi are you coming up here next weekend?

i think you need some nice, sweaty, physical labor to get your mind off things....

no surfin up here unless you wanna go in the Mon, and i dont advise it....

come on, you can be our first house guest!

As in the weekend of the 5-7th? I think we should just ink that in right now.

Back
Top Bottom