I will never ever have knee high boots.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I will never, ever find knee-high (aka 'Hooker') boots that fit me.

I figure this because:

a) I have extremely large calves. For a girl. Bigger than most guys in fact. And I'm quite skinny with these abnormally large, out-of-proportionalized calves (my brother says you could feed a small country off of them).
I thought it was from dancing, but I know lots of dancers with thin calves.
And I thought it was from running, but many runners have thin calves.
I think it's genetic. My dad's are HUGE! And even my little sis has big ones!

b) They make boots for ppl with big calves, but they STILL don't fit me. My friend figured out why. Most people have large UPPER calves. They make boots for people like this. I seem to have well-developed LOWER calves AS WELL AS upper. MAking me some leg freak.

A bootless leg freak. *big sigh* :grumpy:

(Measure your calves. A normal is 32-34 inches) .

I completely understand - I've never been able to find any either b/c of my calves....and I have small feet, so with that combination, it's impossible! I've given up, although I've heard that some companies make ones that are larger in that area...sometimes you have to have stores order them or something though, I think....i know you said those don't fit, but i think some brands run differently, so it might be worth a shot... :huh: Sorry, not much help, but it's something to look into! :)

oh, and the ones w/ strechy material instead of just leather are helpful too...I spent a LONG time looking...

Last edited:
I have massive calves too. :mad:

I found hooker boots at Gadzooks a couple of years ago. They're leather-looking and the leg part is stretchy, so they fit. They're kinda clunky, but cute. I want dressy ones, but alas, I will never be able to find any. :(

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
b) They make boots for ppl with big calves, but they STILL don't fit me. My friend figured out why. Most people have large UPPER calves. They make boots for people like this. I seem to have well-developed LOWER calves AS WELL AS upper. MAking me some leg freak.
i want them too, but i have the same problem. :(

in my case i know it's not genetic, as my dad has chicken legs. everything of mine that's big (boobs, hips, etc.) :laugh: i inherited from my mom, but she doesn't have big calves. and mine are all muscular too, even when i don't flex my calves they're still rock solid. it's annoying since they're all muscle, i know if i work out more they'll just get bigger! :mad:

I WANNA BE A HOOKER DAMNIT!!! :silent:

(Measure your calves. A normal is 32-34 inches) .

ummmm i think you might have made a mistake there. Are you sure you didn't mean like 12-14 inches? Mine are 13" I mean if you're calves were 32" around that'd be like as big around as someone's waist, there's no way that can be right.
I think that my calves look kind of big, but I think that is because my ankles are probably quite thin, but i couldn't really say because i have no idea what an average ankle measurement would be.

Last edited:
I have short legs so I know that if I were to wear those they would make my legs look longer I think.....

Although me in high heels is a scary thing....me trying to walk and not fall all over myself would be an accomplishment...I can do a small chunky heel....but nothing more than 1 1/2 inches....

we're quickly approaching hooker boot season

i think j crew has big calved hooker boots now.

Re: Re: I will never ever have knee high boots.

ILuvLarryMullen said:

ummmm i think you might have made a mistake there. Are you sure you didn't mean like 12-14 inches? Mine are 13" I mean if you're calves were 32" around that'd be like as big around as someone's waist, there's no way that can be right.
I think that my calves look kind of big, but I think that is because my ankles are probably quite thin, but i couldn't really say because i have no idea what an average ankle measurement would be.

Ooopsie. I meant Centimetres dammit. Those dang metric conversions....

We don't have J Crew in Canada *sigh* I'll have to keep looking.

Or we could just all band together and create our own line of hooker boots for big caved women.....we could make MILLIOns! Imagine the possibilities...:sexywink:

Last edited:
I have big feet (Size 7/8)

I have broad feet......B R O A D.....even in a shop for broad feet i can just about get shoes to fit in the broadest fitting :eek:

I dunno about my calves but ill never be in hooker boots neither- nor do i wanna be- im a flat shoed girl :wave:

I do not know why it has taken me so long to discover

Blundstone boots...they are like riding/work boots. They only come to your ankle but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh room for my poor old wide feet(bit like a hobbit)
My dad gave me some $$ as belated birthday gift. At least i didn't buy a parrot this time...The Blunstone boots are like music to my feet..iI'm wearing them out tonight, versatile...soccer grand fianl side lines,GO THE BEARS!!! night club later!! who cares?

So your mention of "hooker boot season" approaching. We are about to go into summer. i don't wanna give up my newly discovered Blundstones....my o my did I see some pretty thongs the other day...who'd a thunk it? a $50 pair of thongs...but hey had littel roses:heart:

:hug: sweetest thing, keep looking, they'll turn up

i wonder if hookers still wear hooker boots. do hookers think the boots 'sold out'?

whatever your present pimp is paying you...i'll double it.

---------------------------------------------
hooker boots will only be covered by your 'state champ' track pants. those are the real winners

Re: i wonder if hookers still wear hooker boots. do hookers think the boots 'sold out'?

kobayashi said:
whatever your present pimp is paying you...i'll double it.

---------------------------------------------
hooker boots will only be covered by your 'state champ' track pants. those are the real winners

You still owe me that drink. :tongue:

I hate those boots, too. Who the frick are these things supposed to fit, Barbie calves?!?!?!?!

:rant:

what do nice girl boots look like?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

You still owe me that drink. :tongue:

cosmopolitan.lg.jpg

:)

KhanadaRhodes said:

is that in us size? if so my feet are bigger...size 10 :eek:

no in UK sizes....i think thats a size 40 sometin in us size i do nay know :confused:

Back
Top Bottom