I Went to a Justin/Xtina concert last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Yeah - so I found myself at a Justin Trousersnake and Xtina Aguilera concert last night....

Let me just quickly defend myself by saying that no I do not like their music - I liken this concert to a big budget Hollywood crap popcorn movie. I went for the sheer entertainment value of it all. And boy, was I mistaken - just like many popcorn blockbusters - this concert was as plastic as a credit card with sequins on it.

Xtina can sing her heart out, but she was not having fun. Her "go with yourself no matter what" image is scary for girls who don't know how to be themselves yet, and still define themselves by what the popular girls say and what boys think of them. I respect what she's doing bc I relate to her in many ways that I won't say here, but I think she needs to reevaluate her approach in a live setting.

Justin... what can be said? SCREAM is probably the best description for his set, as is NSYNC. I won't call him a "no talent ass clown," but I don't see his appeal. I don't respect people who rely on fancy pants dancing to make their songs seem entertaining. I think that is disingenuous. I think it is masking the fact that he's not all that talented to begin with, so he has to make it very glossy and fast so that people don't notice that he is just a skinny kid with a very so-so youngish male voice.

Anyway.. I thought I would just share this experience with you guys since I felt it warranted a confession. :)

My mom and a friend went to NSync concert. :crack: She said never again...the screaming girls were constant and ear-piercing.

Me: What did you expect?????????

:laugh:

i feel bad for you. i find it entertaining as well like you do, but i could never go to one of the concerts. the fans, 80% girls, 19% moms with those girls, 1% gay teen men, are all screaming and i wonder how they can even be hearing the music. i mean sure, if i looked around and realized i was at a christina aguilera concert i'd start screaming too, but not like them...:shifty:

It's funny, I was watching a thing on MTV about the Justin/Xtina concert and they showed Justin performing and I thought - How completely boring and fake. I mean, there was absolutely no connection to the audience and really no attempt to connect. Where are a U2 show or other good shows, that's what it's all about.

Believe me, after going to a pop/pap concert - you appreciate a good ole rock concert more than you'd ever expect.

Shockingly - the concert crowd was very mixed age and gender wise.

MrBrau1 said:
These are the kind of guys who buy "Maxim" haircolour for men.

LMFAO. I sooooo know exactly what you are talking about! :lmao:

There was this one couple who were in the row in front of us (must have been early twenties) and the guy was dancing like a sillie goose. Even to Justin Timberlake. LOL.

Nevertheless, the concert was a feast for people watching. :shifty:

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:

why is this a confession? if you want to see confessions, go look at half of just the bang and clatter threads.

It's a confession bc I felt guilty about going and wanted to confess my sin against rational concert going. :shifty: You're such a sillie goose.

HelloAngel said:

It's a confession bc I felt guilty about going and wanted to confess my sin against rational concert going. :shifty: You're such a sillie goose.

i knew what you meant, but theres nothing to be embarassed about. what i was trying to say is id rather have seen this concert than half the acts mentioned in band and clatter. :wink:

I was talking to my mates today about this...I think JT is sooo over rated! (looks wise) - Chris from Coldplay is 10000000 x better looking! ;)

I just think you're a music fan as well as a pop culture fan and I like how you like to get a little taste of all of it. :up:

now go to your room and think about what you've done :wink:

Because he'd been dreaming about it since he was a little boy.

He never thought it would end up this way.

Drums.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom