I was banned from the corner gas station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
This is how it happened:

Yesterday I went into the same corner gas station I always go to, the one where the old lady makes the good potato salad and meatloaf sandwiches. I am one of their best customers and I'm in there almost every day. I get my husband's beer there and usually get him something to pack for his lunch when he's on the night shift. They have good hot homemade food, and I eat lunch there and feed the husband and kids there, too. The old lady is nice, and they've made a lot of money off me, not just in gas.

Well the guy who runs the place is a tightwad. He won't fix the pumps and the lock on the bathroom door has been broken for 2 months. He could at least put a hook on it! He hauls in illegal aliens in a van and pays them less than half of what a US citizen would get, which isn't much for that job anyway. Except for the old lady who quit once and came back, there are no other Americans working there.

Well, yesterday I went in to get food and gas. I put it all on my ATM bank check card, and prepaid for gas since the pumps never give you a reciept anyway. I told the girl I was on pump 6, I knew this because I said, there's 5 and 7 so it must be 6 on the other side! I even pointed to the car and mentioned it being green. I went back out to the car and let the gas pump while I put the stuff I bought in the car. They have a VERY slow 30 cent tickdown when you prepay, so I assumed as always it was going to take a couple minutes. Well, I looked up and it said $7 and was still moving! I had only paid for 3 (their gas is so high I was only getting enough to get down the road to a cheaper place) In this state they will take your liscense and throw you in jail for driving off, so I had to go back in and pay the rest. By then, there was a huge long line I couldn't wait in, I had food and kids in the car and somewhere to be at a certain time. I told the girl (who barely speaks English) what happened and handed her my card to add the rest. It hadn't cut off because she had set the wrong pump! When she handed me the reciept for the gas, she also handed me one where she had rerung my food purchase, but none showing she had taken off the first time the food was rung up, or the amount of the gas. I asked her if she had credited that back and she didn't understand. This is when the greedy owner comes up and tells me to come around to the side, I can't hold up the line. I told him I know, but if she had set it right in the first place I wouldn't have had to come back in and wait, and I shouldn't have to, their fault, kids in the car, etc. He told me I was going to have to wait until he was off the phone. He got very rude about it. I told him all I wanted was for him to see if I was charged twice and he said 'you will stand there until I'm off this phone, lady, then I might help you!' I was mad. He seemed to be purposely dragging on a pointless conversation to get me frustrated enough to leave. Finally I did walk out, after all, I had kids in the car, it was hot, and my food was going bad. (I had been watching the car out the window the whole time) Of course he didn't give a shit about any of this, or that I was one of his best customers, or that his girl had made the mistake.

I ate in the car with the kids, then went back in. I went to the side door like he said, not the line again. He saw me, shut the door in my face and said, "I got nothing to say to you." I said, all I want to know is if you charged me twice, can't we just straighten it out? He told me to leave the store. There were other people in the store seeing and hearing this (though I seriously doubt many of them understood English well enough to know what was going on) I said, so you mean, you might have charged me twice, and you aren't even going to bother to check? I told him how much was in question, and he finally ripped it out of the cash register, slammed it at me and said "after this I don't ever want to see you come in here again!" I was shocked! Banned from the store for complaining about a mistake they made? I told him I didn't want the money if I didn't have it coming, I only wanted him to check and see. He said, just go!

In a way, the asshole doesn't deserve my business. But it will be a loss not to be able to go there anymore, it's the hearest gas station. I'm not going back, he might call the cops or something. But I think this was very unfair. I also think there might even be something else fishy going on is why he was so angry when asked to check his records. The whole thing sucked.

You could report him, you know, if you feel that there is something wrong. And to back up your story, it's possible security cameras caught the entire thing.

I'm so sorry about this experience. :(

Report his ass. INS will swarm all over that place and nail his ass.

:down:

So much for you being an honest citizen. I would nail his ass for hauling in non-US citizens to work for unacceptable wages. :down:

:mad:

Last edited:
By now I'm sure that you've checked your online bank account to see whether you were or were not double-charged...report this matter to your bank and they will see that you were double-whacked and they can do a charge back immediately..

p.s. tell hubby to go get his own beer and kick that guy's ass in the process! :wink:

:yes: to what everyone else has said.

1. check your bank balance to see if you were double charged
2. call whatever chain his station is affiliated with and report him
3. call ins and report the illegal aliens being paid below minimum wage
4. revel in the fact that you just got an ass in serious trouble for very valid reasons.

:ohmy: Quik Kitten-call the better business bu...sp? however you spell that word! Explain to them exactly what you said here...you should be ABLE to have access to this business since nothing you did was illegel or rude on your part!! That Man should have it explained to him from a man in authority from that BBB! Some men just won;t take any kind of instruction from a Women!:eyebrow: :shrug: I guess they just feel threatened or something wierd like that! :huh: If he won't listen to you..he may listen to them! Good Luck!!

Report the idiot! BBB is an excellent idea as well. They have a website where you can report this, or either check if this dude
has a history of this. ( I used the Better Business Bureau to check out roofers for my house. You can check to see if a business has any outsanding complaints)

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:

4. revel in the fact that you just got an ass in serious trouble for very valid reasons.

you're totally right :yes:

that mother*** is an ass*** (eh... sorry by my lenguage) but yeah... you have to report him...

good luck kitten :)

KhanadaRhodes said:

:up:

That man does not deserve your business

Another suggestion:

Call you local municipal government. If the gas pumps are broken or not working properly that could be considered a safety issue that should be addressed immediately.

Thanks everybody :hug:

I never thought about how much he is guilty of, I'll see what I can do!;)

Mr. BAW said:

p.s. tell hubby to go get his own beer and kick that guy's ass in the process! :wink:

:laugh:

Oh I'd like to! :scream:

He is so totally helpless. I get his beer, cigs, take out the trash, get the oil changed, put water in his car before he burns it up, carry him to and from the bar so he won't get thrown in jail for drunk driving again, etc. :sigh:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
He is so totally helpless. I get his beer, cigs, take out the trash, get the oil changed, put water in his car before he burns it up, carry him to and from the bar so he won't get thrown in jail for drunk driving again, etc. :sigh:

:scratch:

:slant:

U2k, I hope you do report this guy. I had a similar kind of incident with a guy who...well ran a supect and dodgy little establishment. I wanted to charge some items on my credit card (which turned out to be some out of date pepsi anyway :mad: ) but after he'd rung it through told me he wouldn't take a credit card. Rolling my eyes at him I said fair enough and asked him to return the items as I didn't have cash and wasn't going to use my ATM card because of my personal objection with the $2.50 fee the bank charges for using it on EFTPOS not owned by their bank. He then got huffy (this is the short version of a very long story lol) and said he didn't care about that (which I never thought he had to, I was just trying to be polite) then he told me to give him the money for his merchant fee for putting my credit card through. I said no buddy, that's not MY problem, YOUR merchant fee. I looked down and noted he used a National EFTPOS machine. Getting extremely impatient with his attitude I asked him whether his trading name matched his registered business name to which he stuttered an answer and asked me why I wanted to know. I began walking out and told him Merchant Fraud was not something that usually bothered me unless it was ME personally some dickwad was trying to steal off. I told him it was a real pity he was such an arse to an ex merchant services employee of the National bank. I reported him when I got home.

I want to, I'm only afraid since he has my name from my card, and I live close by he might come get me or do something to the car :uhoh: Can I do it anonymously? He does need to be turned in for so many reasons! :scream: Who should I call first?

Angela Harlem, what became of your guy, ever find out?

First you should check your account history and see how much he's taken. If he's double charged, submit a trransaction query with your bank who can follow the trail to his bank and chase them for you. They should reimburse you straight away though. If you want to make his life difficult, look into the laws on merchant agreements in your state and with the bank he uses, if you happen to know who it is. If you reckon he's done wrong, dont hesitate in reporting him to his bank.

I never followed up on the guy I reported. They usually either send out a fraudulant 'customer' to check what they're doing or if it's big money with bigger consequences (which this wasn't lol) then they take it as far as they need.
Revenge is saccharine sweet :wink:

I know it's been said 50 times, but definitely keep an eye on your bank account. I had a similar thing happen at the nearest gas station here. I was charged for gas I knew I had already paid for, and was met with hostility when I said so. Oh yeah, and the guy tried to "let's curse her out in Spanish right in front of her, she won't understand it" trick. Uh, wrong. :crack:

I wonder what he expected you to do? The girl should have been able to show you that the original purchase had been voided, and you shouldn't have had to ask. Did he think you'd just merrily pay double and drive off into the sunset? :mad:

I'm sorry to bug y'all with this again but I need some advice. Everyone I know personally around here thinks this is ridiculous and if I just go back in like nothing ever happened he won't say anything. Today I drove into the parking lot where I saw the old cook lady talking to her friend. I said, "hey lady, how 'bout some meatloaf?" she just put up a finger like 'wait a minute' and kept talking to her friend, which I understand. So I sat there a couple minutes waiting for them to finish, and I see a cop car pull up into the parking lot! Then I see his (crooked owner) worthless ass in a fluorescent orange shirt come running from the car wash toward my car! Needless to say, I looked straight ahead and drove away. Was he really going to get the cops after me? Is there a pic of me in there, don't let this woman in the store? Now I understand the old woman's job is on the line and there is nothing she can do. What I would love to do is go ahead in, let him get the cops, then I tell the cops everything. BUT.. this is backwater hick town where the cops are owned by whoever has money. That's why my landlord gets by with shitting on people. If I told them the true story they would not listen or believe me. Besides Heaven forbid they lose their free coffee!

So I am stuck, who do I tell? The INS because of the illegal aliens? The health dept. because of the broken bathroom door? Whoever does his credit card transactions? I want to get him, but I'm scared, and I don't know how.

I also want to know, does he really see me as that big of a threat, or is he afraid of what I'll do? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
HE was getting the cops on YOU? YOU should get the cops on HIM! Call everybody, the INS, health department, the cops, FBI, CIA, NSA, NASA, Schwarzenegger, Bono..... but don't let him get away. And by the way move out of there, your neighborhood sucks, your city is f*cked up.... what the hell? You're too good to be living there. Your avatar kicks ass!

TheBrazilianFly said:
HE was getting the cops on YOU? YOU should get the cops on HIM! Call everybody, the INS, health department, the cops, FBI, CIA, NSA, NASA, Schwarzenegger, Bono..... but don't let him get away. And by the way move out of there, your neighborhood sucks, your city is f*cked up.... what the hell? You're too good to be living there. Your avatar kicks ass!

Thank you thank you thank you :hug:

You are absolutely right about everything :yes:

I wish I could move! :scream:

Several law enforcement agencies are more than happy to accept anonymous information on good tips. Check the web sites of those agencies you are interested in and see if they give any info on how to make those reports.

Do not go to this gas station anymore. If you need a good meatloaf recipe I have one.

:hug: BF :hug:

I was just at another gas station in the next town when some lady came in with basically the same complaint I had at the other place! The cashiers were nice to her but said there was nothing they could do until the mamager came in at 6AM. They gave her a copy of her reciepts and wrote their names and the manager's name and phone number on the back and promised to straighten things out for her! And she didn't get tossed!

ahhhh!!!! it's been almost two weeks! you need to report this guy for everything or i'll come over there and kick your ass! :wink: and yes, anonymous tips are great! if you don't know what to do, start by talking to the local police station. tell them what this guy's done and they can tell you who to call for what.

I hope it can stay anonymous! :up: If they bust him he's had it!

and I want that recipe Fah!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom