I was a Girl Scout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
Many many moons ago I was a Girl Scout untill my mother became troop leader. Some of the girls were mean to me because of my mom being leader. I felt like a
:reject: , so I quit the Scouts.

meegannie said:
I was a girl scout until my junior year of high school.

:reject: THAT!! :reject:

:ohmy: :lol: now that is a shocking confession!

I was a brownie and then a girl scout but I think I quit in 5th or 6th grade...when it wasn't "cool" anymore.

I was a girl scout from second grade through senior year of high school. In the end all we really did is sell cookies and go on trips!

I'm actually an Eagle Scout (highest award you can get as a boy scout). I forget I am sometimes.

I was a brownie for a year and a girl scout for a year. I also did this thing with my dad called Indian Princesses, which is like scouts only your dad is with you. I also played soccer, softball, and was on a swimming team. It was too much to do so I had to choose scouts or sports. I choose sports.

My girl scout troop didn't sell cookies. No clue why. Maybe that's why I choose swimming, softball, and soccer over scouts.

I was a brownie. :|

Next time I am at my parents house I will have to snag the pic of me in my brownie outfit :crack:

You will all point and laugh.

daisy just informed me a few days ago she would like to be a girlscout. the closest one to register her is too far for me to take her:|

at times like this i wish i had a car.

daisybean said:
I did girl scouts from 3rd grade to 6th grade...

I always managed to get sick on the camping trips. :barf:

me too..I always managed to something to mess up everyone's good time :l

One year, I sliced my finger open with my new pocket knife, another year I got homesick and cried the entire first day.

Then there was the camping trip to the beach. I swam out to a floating island thingy, not very far from shore, but when I went to swim back to shore, I got tired and thought I was going to drown. I was treading water forever, crying to myself and wondering why no one was noticing...and then I put my foot down and touched sand. I was only in like 4 feet of water. I was so freakin lame as a kid :reject: :eek:

I didn't sell cookies because I was too shy. :reject:

I just went camping in the snow and did high ropes courses and went rock repelling and caving.

I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout..

I remember I couldn't wait to get the Girl Scout uniform, because compared to the Brownie uniform, it was considered "cool" :wink:

:eek:

You all got nothin on me

I started beavers when I was 4, and went straight through to my 4th year of scouts, got my Cheif Scout's Award, AND now Im a scout leader. Ive been with the scouting movement 11 years of the 18 years of my life. My grandpa was in scouts, was a scout leader, and was on the national council, and still goes to scouting functions despite being 74. Mock me if you will, but for those who take it seriously, scouts can do a lot of good for people, theres no shame in it, the only ones who make fun of scouts are the ones who are ignorant to the benefits of it. Dont be embarassed by it though, theres absolutely no reason for that.

Id say look at how I turned out but that might be a bad example... :laugh: :yikes:

Heh, its funny, cause first time going into a forum in more than a month, and Ive already found something I wanted to post in... this place is evil... Im sticking to the journals, or Im going to end up online 7 hours a day again.

I was in the Brownies and then the Girl Guides. We used to have a brilliant time going away to camp. How I miss those camping trips:sad:

Back
Top Bottom