I want to be fired

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
yes, I want to leave my job *have wanted to for years* but am too chicken shit to resign. I'd rather I do something wrong so that I can be let go. :der:

If you really want to piss people off, go straight to the source: Spread nasty rumors about your HR director. ;)

Seriously, though, why not just resign? People start over again all the time. And I have to say, personally, that NOTHING beats freelancing from home, being your own boss. It's eleven a.m. and I'm still in my jammies, and at 1:00 I'm having lunch...with my MOM!!! :)

This reminds me of when George Costanza did all that stuff when he wanted to be fired from the Yankees. :lmao: :heart:

Why not just do nothing? as in NOTHING? Sit at your desk all day and just surf. Whenever someone gives you something to do, say, "Okey, dokey." And just let it sit. This would probably take longer than the other suggested ways to get fired, but then there will be a less likely chance you will be spending your time unemployed either in jail or in the looney bin.

But seriously...Why don't you look for something/some place you'd be happier? And get the h*** out? Being fired can be a problem when you are applying for a new job - assuming you want a new job at some point - ? (Am I being too serious? Sorry.)

Last edited:
bono.gif

I cannot believe that you, body-suit man, could perpetrate such a disloyalty

I don't want to do any more traveling for my job. I like what I do but I am tired of my company. I need to get my resume together and hit up a headhunter to help me find something else. I am burnt out.

Justified said:
I don't want to do any more traveling for my job. I like what I do but I am tired of my company. I need to get my resume together and hit up a headhunter to help me find something else. I am burnt out.

Getting your resume together and meeting with headhunter sound like much better ideas that trying to get fired :up:

Don't wait...start today :yes:

I'm home from work today too!

I've been answering ads, and hoping to get a call for an interview...

I'm at a stressful, deadend job....and on top of that, it pays crap!

Have you answered any classified ads, justified?

I have not looked at one ad at least not yet. 5 years at this job is great and all but the internal politics and developments over the last 2 months have really pushed me more and more to leaving. Many people have left my company and I found out from someone who just left that I am being paid $28,000 less than what I should be making in the industry. And that pisses me off because I know I would not be in the financial bind I am in now if I was paid what I am worth.

Normally I get a new job before resigning from the old one. But in my current job, it would be financially sweet to be fired--nice severance package including extended health insurance plus unemployment, if I wanted to take a break from work (and who doesn't?). Not to mention the benefit of avoiding the whole painful going-away extravaganza where a speech and lots of ass-kissing about what a great job it was would be expected and I HATE that stuff. If you're fired, you just take the package and say thanks and sayonara. Not that I want to be fired, because I really like my job, but if I got pissed off and wanted to quit I'd think long and hard before doing so.

I think maybe it's time for you to look over those help wanteds...if you aren't being paid the fair amount, why are you still there?

Have you spoken with your boss about this yet?

joyfulgirl said:
Normally I get a new job before resigning from the old one. But in my current job, it would be financially sweet to be fired--nice severance package including extended health insurance plus unemployment, if I wanted to take a break from work (and who doesn't?). Not to mention the benefit of avoiding the whole painful going-away extravaganza where a speech and lots of ass-kissing about what a great job it was would be expected and I HATE that stuff. If you're fired, you just take the package and say thanks and sayonara. Not that I want to be fired, because I really like my job, but if I got pissed off and wanted to quit I'd think long and hard before doing so.

see if I am let go I get that package as well. Oh and there is no hope about the salary increase it has already been shot down by our Senior VP. :down:

joyfulgirl said:
Normally I get a new job before resigning from the old one. But in my current job, it would be financially sweet to be fired--nice severance

alot of girls do this before getting a new bf too.;) they don't resign from their current relationship until they have someone waiting in the wings.;)

alot of wives demand a severance package before firing their husband too:sexywink:

i know this from expierence.:wink:

db9

diamond said:

alot of wives demand a severance package before firing their husband too:sexywink:

and a lot of husbands/boyfriends quit without notice or do their best to get fired so they can walk away from the old job with a clean conscience :wink:

Back
Top Bottom