I want to be fired

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Iris, if you think you could live off your severance package for awhile, then maybe it wouldn't be awful to somehow get yourself fired - I would just think about it very carefully because it is likely that your next potential employer will find out about it. The other thing to know for sure, is there any exceptions for being fired where you would not get severence? eg, doing something illegal?

Maybe something that could get you fired but not be horrible to admit to a potential employer would be to openly start your job search at your current job using the internet, having other companies fax you info, etc? :shrug:

I would die of embarrassment if I was ever fired :reject:

I don't think you want the "fired" mark on you. It's not worth it. :tsk: Though I've never been fired I've been laid off several times. I had one interviewer tell me she thought it was "odd" that I kept getting laid off even though all of my layoffs were company restructuring and whole departments were let go and not just me. The best thing for you to do would be find a new job and leave your current one on good terms. You never know when you might need someone to help you out at your current job once they are your former employer......

Why are you scared to resign? Can you go to your supervisor and say, I really have not been satisfied/happy/content recently in this position, especially in regards to my travel requirements and compensation. I just wanted to give you a heads up that I will probably be leaving soon." Then that gives them a chance to try to work on pay or travel issues before you are officially giving your notice? If they really want you, I bet they would try really hard to make you happy - if not, it's their loss :yes:

Because I have a guilt complex. I feel like I am letting my clients down if I leave. I enjoy working with them a lot but the demands of the job and the pay is not working out. I have always told myself 5 years that is all I am giving to this job and that is it. I want to go back and finish my degree and I want to work for a small company that is not some global corporate hell hole. :huh:

It is a matter of pride.

If you quit and then let your favorite clients know that you will be leaving soon, that may open up some job offers if they really like you and how much you've helped them :hmm:

bonosloveslave said:
If you quit and then let your favorite clients know that you will be leaving soon, that may open up some job offers if they really like you and how much you've helped them :hmm:

This is kinda fun and I've done it.:)
I have the DiamondNewslletter letting my client base know where I'm at always.
They like it.

If you folks wanted to become recepients of the world renowned, often sought after and coveted DiamondNewsletter I just might consider putting you on my mailing list.:sexywink:

To obtain one you're suppose to have bought a car from me, but people I like I send them a complimentary issue.:wink:

You just lemme know:angry:

thanks,

diamond
diamondbruno9@aol.com

Last edited:
Justified said:
Because I have a guilt complex. I feel like I am letting my clients down if I leave. I enjoy working with them a lot but the demands of the job and the pay is not working out. I have always told myself 5 years that is all I am giving to this job and that is it. I want to go back and finish my degree and I want to work for a small company that is not some global corporate hell hole. :huh:

It is a matter of pride.

Fuck your clients. Fuck your boss.

You know you have a limited amount of time on this planet earth. Do what you want to do, and make money with it. It can work out, and the chances in the U.S. are fine, you live in a country of entrepreneurs (different from me, but I can do it too).

So just resign if it really turns you off. If you just want more money or less travel, do the game. But UI don´t think so. You say you are burnt out. Why don´t you take a break? Say, take a month of break, and then start something new. Something that gives you personal power.

Listen to me. I quit my last key account job. I was selling ads, and it was boring like hell. I wanted 10 weeks of holidays. They couldn´t. So I quit it. I also have to finish university - finally. And that´s what I´m doing now. I did my holidays and found out about what I wanted.

Believe me. Trust in yourself. Take your chances. Better today than tomorrow.
deal.gif

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

wanted.

deal.gif

Hiphop is partailly right.
You should never abandon good clients, always stay in touch w them.
I don't think u should have to sleep with your boss either:sexywink: j/k. I know hedidn't mean that literally.

There is a good book Iris you should check out at the library or buy.though. It's called-
"How To Fire Your Boss"

It goes along with some of the ideas HipHop brought up.

Good luck,
diamond

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

You know you have a limited amount of time on this planet earth. Do what you want to do, and make money with it. It can work out, and the chances in the U.S. are fine, you live in a country of entrepreneurs (different from me, but I can do it too).

So just resign if it really turns you off. If you just want more money or less travel, do the game. But UI don´t think so. You say you are burnt out. Why don´t you take a break? Say, take a month of break, and then start something new. Something that gives you personal power.

Listen to me. I quit my last key account job. I was selling ads, and it was boring like hell. I wanted 10 weeks of holidays. They couldn´t. So I quit it. I also have to finish university - finally. And that´s what I´m doing now. I did my holidays and found out about what I wanted.

deal.gif

:up: thank you and yes I should do this.

diamond said:

There is a good book Iris you should check out at the library or buy.though. It's called-
"How To Fire Your Boss"

It goes along with some of the ideas HipHop brought up.

Good luck,
diamond

thanks I will look for this.

and I am certain that part of the reason I am not feeling well is because I am stressed out over this. I really want to do what HipHop suggested. I want to finish school and take time to do something for me. I think the time is now and I should do it.

The step from "I should do this" to "I will do this" is a little, but important one. Think as long as you need, make a decision, and then do it.

And take it easy. It´s not that a serious problem.. won´t kill you or something. You just walk away. To a better place.
walksmil.gif

Do what I did, walk out. I wen t into the bathroom changed into my street clothes and walked out the door. Of course I'm 17 and was a dishwasher at the time. But still it was the most glorious summer day I have ever had.

iris-
send me an email.
my addy is=dschroeder@vtaig.com

i will send u my newsletter.

thx,
diamond:)

Back
Top Bottom