I want a doggie!!!Please help me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philisedge

Acrobat
Spending my holidays for a few days at ATHENS!!!!!
Hey,everyone!I need some help here.I always wanted to have a pet,most specifically a dog,but my parents never allowed me to.I explain to them that I will take full responsibility of it,but still they don't listen.They both forget that they had pets as they were groing up.For example,my father had three dogs(Kandry,Semina and Cesaur) and a cat(Tsiftis) and my mother had a dog(Bengi) and a duck(Packo).All of the dogs were labradors and wolf hounds.I asked them millions of times if we could get an Akita since they also had big dogs,but they disagreed.I ask them to tell me why the don't let me to have a dog and the don't tell me anything.Today,though,I showed a picture of a cute,little puppy to my mother(I have a pic of it posted below) and she said that if we could find one similar that didn't grow on the size she would think about it and that there would be many chances to buy one.So,could you please tell me if you know a breed that has these charactiristics(small,very cute,not very loud and easy to be trained)?I would really appreciate it.Thanks!:D

That's the puppy I showed to my mother! :):cute::D

tumblr_m61e7cerEA1rs2ktfo1_500.jpg

220420131366636665_1.jpg

Hi Philisedge!

That's an adorable dog!

But your thread belongs in Zoo Confessional or maybe Lemonade Stand. Free Your Mind is where we discuss politics, religion, social issues, current events. Just a heads up for future reference :)

But really, that is a cute dog. I hope you get it.

Might want to consider a Shetland Sheepdog:

Shetland Sheepdog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Shetland_Sheepdog_600.jpg

Height and weight

Shelties normally weigh around 5–11 kilograms (11–24 lb)[citation needed]. In general, males are taller and heavier than females. Accepted height ranges may differ depending on country and standard used. In the USA and Canada, breed standards state that males and females can be between 33–41 centimetres (13–16 in), all other standards (Australia, New Zealand and U.K.) specify Males: 37 cm ± 2½ cm, Females: 35.5 cm ± 2½ cm except F.C.I. which specifies Females: 36 cm ± 2½ cm at the shoulder (withers), however, some shelties can be found outside of these ranges but are not considered truly representative of the breed. Variation can be found within litters, and height (in the 18-20 in. range) is above the breed standard in some lines.

Temperament

The Shetland sheepdog is lively, intelligent, playful, trainable, and willing to please and obey. They are loving, loyal, and affectionate with their family, but are naturally aloof with strangers; for this reason Shelties must be socialized. Shelties do well with children if they are reared with them from an early age; however, their small size makes it easy for a child to accidentally injure them, so supervision is necessary.
Shelties are vocal dogs, and are very alert to outside stimuli. The average Sheltie is an excellent watch dog.
The herding instinct is strong in many Shelties. They love to chase and herd things, including squirrels, ducks, children, and if an owner is not watchful, cars. Shelties love to run in wide-open areas. Some Shelties get so excited or anxious that they perform a fast series of tight spins without chasing their tails, a behavior seen in a number of small dog breeds.
Neglecting a Sheltie's need for exercise and intellectual stimulation can result in undesirable behaviors, including excessive barking, phobias, and nervousness. Fortunately, the reverse is also true; annoying behaviors can be lessened greatly by an hour of exercise that engages the dog with its owner. They do well with a sensitive, attentive owner.
Shelties have a high level of intelligence. According to Dr. Stanley Coren, an expert on animal intelligence, the Shetland sheepdog is one of the brightest dogs, ranking 6th out of 132 breeds tested. His research found that an average Sheltie could understand a new command in less than 5 repetitions and would obey a command the first time it was given 95% of the time or better.[17]

My Sheltie is a little strange, as she has a gene defect that causes her to be about the size of a chihuahua, rather than the full-grown size I was expecting. Regardless, all of the rest of the above description is very accurate. She only barks when I get home or when someone knocks on the door, but I think she inherited those traits from my lab/beagle. Even then, she stops as soon as I come over and pet her. She also barks when we're playing and she gets too excited, but that's about it.

She only barks when I get home or when someone knocks on the door, but I think she inherited those traits from my lab/beagle. Even then, she stops as soon as I come over and pet her. She also barks when we're playing and she gets too excited, but that's about it.

That's extremely uncommon for a sheltie. Every sheltie I've known (and there have been many, including those of next door neighbours) were notorious, almost irritating barkers. We have always owned Collies, and I would say the same is true of them. They are herding dogs and they bark, bark, bark. Your sheltie sounds like a true exception to the rule.

contrary to popular belief, not all dogs go to heaven
best to stick with the Akita
they are Buddhist (Japanese origin) and will be reincarnated.

That's extremely uncommon for a sheltie. Every sheltie I've known (and there have been many, including those of next door neighbours) were notorious, almost irritating barkers. We have always owned Collies, and I would say the same is true of them. They are herding dogs and they bark, bark, bark. Your sheltie sounds like a true exception to the rule.

Oh, I definitely didn't say she never barks, but maybe she's quieter than most. She barks when she's excited, but it doesn't take much to quiet her down was more what I meant.

Just go to a shelter and adopt a dog. There are all kinds there that need homes and you might be surprised at what you'll find.

:heart: the pics! :cute: And.. Did your parents agree?

Well,I think so.They haven't really decided yet.But I think it's 79% for sure that we might get one.That's a good sign because it used to be something like 0% a month ago.The sure thing is that we won't get an Akita,because it's going to be huge when it grows up,and the house that we are living in is new and we still need to finish some things.I think we might adopt one,still I'm not quite sure,but finally my parents are thinking of having a dog again back in their lives!!!!I'm so exited and I just can't hide it!!!!!!!:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom