I Used to Hate This Music...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...but today on the campus radio station in my office here, it's playing all this prog rock like King Crimson and Pink Floyd. My old roommate in undergrad used to listen to this stuff a lot, and I hated it after a while. Now I like it. I don't know what changed...

Melon

Is that :shocked: directed at me?

I know. It's horrible isnt' it? I can't believe that was me. I was blinded by all those heavy metal long hairs of my youth to see the real music.

i like some things that are labelled progressive rock, at least according to amazon.com and such. what is progressive rock anyway? i mean, not in terms of other bands, but like a definition of sorts?

every band i really like now i've hated at one point or another.

Ana said:
You're evolving into a creature with broad musical taste ... I think is a good thing.

Yeah, it's good to like all sorts of music. There are a lot of bands that I used to hate but now like- Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones being two of them.

when i was a kid...i really detested the idea of kissing girls. now...im not so opposed.

awesome...

I dunno how old you are, Melon...but that's what usually happens as you get older...your tastes tend to be not so skewed...and you tend to welcome newer sounds...different kinds of music...I know it's happened to me. I can stomach jazz alot more than I used to. Although...I still cant handle jazz for hours on end because the damn horns make me :crack::der:.
I'm proud to say I can listen and enjoy anything from classical to some(operative word here) metal. I'm not kidding here!
:wave:

melon said:
...but today on the campus radio station in my office here, it's playing all this prog rock like King Crimson and Pink Floyd. My old roommate in undergrad used to listen to this stuff a lot, and I hated it after a while. Now I like it. I don't know what changed...

Melon
I am worried about your drug use now.

Back
Top Bottom