I thought this only happened on TV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
Okay, so this isn't really isn't a confession but holy crap, I can't believe it really happend.

Imagine a beautiful outdoor wedding, the happy couple have just tearfully recited their vows and the minister says: I now give you Mrs. & Mrs. Antonio ________!

Everyone stands and applauds...everyone but the mother of the groom who conspicuosly keeps her arms folded in front of her, turns her back to the couple and says to the guests "SHE STOLE HIM FROM ME!!!"

OMFG! My husband just called me from his niece's wedding in Oregon...I guess it was chaos after that and the mothers of the bride and groom almost brawled in the aisle after it happened! I was a little bummed about staying home but now, not so much :no:

It is horrible but not totally unexpected. Let's just say that she's never been supportive of the relationship. She was purposely seated in the 9th row so she couldn't disrupt the ceremony but I guess she just had to get one comment in.

The saddest part is, her son is 31 years old and my niece is pregnant with their 3rd child...its not like he just picked some girl off the street. They've been together for 6 years.

lol exactly U2girl! I was thinking the same thing :eek:
Its like the bride's father walking his daughter down the aisle, getting to the end and announcing "No...I dont think I WILL give you away. You're mine! All mine!!"

The poor couple. It'd be awful having something so upsetting happen on your day.

Dear Bothered Bride in Bend,

Tough situation but it looks like you've made your bed and your new mother-in-law has pushed you out onto the floor. If your new husband doesn't grow a spine and tell his meddling mommy to butt out, I see no hope for this marriage...unless you are content with playing second fiddle to this mother from hell.

Best of luck to you dear. You'll need it.

Back
Top Bottom