I Think My Dog Is Dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry sweetie, sounds like he's not doing good. Just try to do your best to make him comfy, maybe let him sleep in your bed (but help him in and out if he needs it). Wish I could do something :(

April, I am truly sorry about your dog, i know how it feels all too well . My prayers are going out tonight for you and your entire family.:hug:

April I'm so sorry to hear about your poor Spencer. My thoughts are with you, your mom and your brave little dog. Keep us posted if you can sweetie. :(
:hug:

This morning my mom brought him into my room and he curled up next to me like he always does. Tomorrow morning will be the last time he'll ever do that. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

They told us that there isn't anything that they can do for him. They could have given him an IV or something, but really it only would be putting off the inevitable. I didn't go yesterday because I felt I wouldn't have been any good, just standing there crying, but I guess they could have done it yesterday and gotten it over with. :sad: But my mom scheduled it for tomorrow morning at 9am. :scream:

My dad is coming over today. I'm trying not to cry too much in front of him, cause I don't want him to think anything's wrong, but he knows, I'm sure. :( Mia is being really weird, she knows something is about to happen too. It's just so heartbreaking to go through this. I always thought this was years away, but it just seems like yesterday when our family had the picnic where my aunt and uncle brought Spencer over to give to us (his mom Allie was my aunt and uncle's dog, and when she had puppies they gave his sister Abby to my other aunt and uncle and kept Spencer...a year later 2 dogs and 4 kids were too much, so they asked us if we wanted him. Of course, we said, "Yes!"). I cannot believe this is happening, but at the same time it feels right, shitty as that sounds. I'm really worried about my mom, she's the one who's really attached to him, he's her shadow.

Its just so hard to think that Tuesday morning the only thing I'll have to cuddle is Mia. :sad:

I'm sorry April. I know it's hard, but it's better this way...Spencer will be in a better place. He had a good life, and you loved him lots...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
but at the same time it feels right, shitty as that sounds.

There is no reason for you to beat yourself up over feeling a sense of relief.

When I had to put Max (my 16 year old cat) down a few months ago I felt the same way, guilty about being relieved. But you know something, he was so miserable, he was ready to go. I think it is more painful to watch them suffer, than it is to let go. That way you will remember him for the spirited, sweet puppy he was, instead of sickly and in pain.

There may be times when you may doubt it and you may second guess yourself, but you are doing the right thing.

This is something beautiful that bonosloveslave posted for me when I had to put sasha down. Its really wonderful. :hug:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine.
Our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and were old have been restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.
The animals are happy except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who has been left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. . .

You then cross Rainbow Bridge together.

-Author unknown

:sad: :sad:

That is really beautiful. In fact I'm going to show this to my mom maybe tomorrow. This is really tearing her up, this entire day (not like I'm not hurting like hell, either, but you know...) :(

Thanks you guys. I really feel better knowing my family and friends (even those of you I've never met out there) are here with me in this time. :hug:

Spencer's gone. :sad:

This morning when my mom brought him in my room, I layed with him and played him a few songs (so cheesy, I know, but whatever, what gets you through gets you through, right?), including "Walk On". My mom and I took him to the vet wrapped in his favorite blanket, a blue kid's comforter that had puppies on it (it was the same blanket he was born on :sad: ). I held him the entire time on the way, and he seemed to enjoy the car ride. I had tried to get him to give me a kiss last night (he always gave kisses), but he didn't feel like it, but when I leaned in to ask him for one in the car he gave me a big one, like, "It's ok, April. I gotta go."

I stayed until I couldn't take anymore, but before I did I told him I loved him lots, kissed his head, and squeezed his paw. :sad: My mom was with him until the end. It was so weird coming home. Mia's been a good girl, snuggling up to me all day.

I miss him so much. But he's comfortable now, and in no more pain or discomfort. :sad:

Oh, April......................:hug:

I'm around if you need me...I'd even call you, if you want.

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom