I think I need to watch it's a wonderful life again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I seriously am gonna have a heart attack here - it's not like you guys are little kids or teenagers or somethin - you were around when it used to be on multiple times a day starting the day after Thanksgiving! It is SUCH an awesome story and funny and sweet - please promise me you'll see it soon, or I'll have to hunt you down and sit on you and hold your eyes open and make you watch the whole thing!

bonosloveslave said:
I seriously am gonna have a heart attack here - it's not like you guys are little kids or teenagers or somethin - you were around when it used to be on multiple times a day starting the day after Thanksgiving! It is SUCH an awesome story and funny and sweet - please promise me you'll see it soon, or I'll have to hunt you down and sit on you and hold your eyes open and make you watch the whole thing!

Im aa teenager and I have it on DVD :| I love it :wave: :heart: :wave:

is it associated with Thanksgiving in the USA?

I must admit I was introduced to it by "Lister" from Red Dwarf. He said it is his favourite all-time feelgood movie, so I just HAD to see that!!. i found a VHS copy of it at the last VideoEzy ex-rental sale.....snapped it up $1...a joking Christmas present for my "Red Dwarf" loving friend. She'll be stoked/amused.

What day is Thanksgiving? I was wondering about it yesterday. Iwas at a leukemia foundation fund-raiser and was telling the organiser, this Christams Eve my young friend Hollie will be 21 and it will be her 5th year in remission.... she's cured? I hope so. I believe so...soon we'll know.
So I felt like giving thanks myself yesterday.
Happy Day whenever it is.

Cass, this movie is associated with Christmas more than Thanksgiving in the U.S. My previous comment related to the fact that up until 1994 it would play on every other channel seemingly 'round the clock from Thanksgiving on. In 1994 NBC grabbed the rights so they usually only play it once a year.

Re: is it associated with Thanksgiving in the USA?

cass said:

What day is Thanksgiving? I was wondering about it yesterday. Iwas at a leukemia foundation fund-raiser and was telling the organiser, this Christams Eve my young friend Hollie will be 21 and it will be her 5th year in remission.... she's cured? I hope so. I believe so...soon we'll know.
So I felt like giving thanks myself yesterday.
Happy Day whenever it is.

that is great to see..Thanksgiving is Nov 28 this year. :)

i promise to actually watch this movie this year.:|

I :heart: that movie!

"Merry chistmas you old building and loan!"

Question:

How do you Australians explain Santa Claus to your kids? I mean, he has a sleigh...for snow...and reindeer....winter animals....

It's Bono's mate Ralph Harris again

**cass gets out her wobble board** hu hum
"..six white boomers,
snow white boomers,
on the Australian run....boing...boing ...boing...."

he maintains a stable of albino kangaroos....according to Rolf Harris.

my parents did the Santa Claus bit...i really thought the reindeers ate the grass I picked for them and santa ate the cake...i really did.( i thought i had an angel nearby too...sometimes I do, sometimes I don't believe that, I meet humans who seems angelic) I felt foolish for believing it all when I found out the truth and wondered what else was make-believe that they had told me.
So to be honest, my sons always knew Santa was modelled on a man in Russia who helped poor children and that he represents the spirit of giving...and all that. I think the truth doesn't hurt.
they also know that we live in the southern hemisphere.

thanks for the info about your celebration.

it's a tradition in my family to watch that movie every Christmas eve.. at least until my parents got divorced that is :(
I like it :wave:

K folks, I am officially bumping this thread to remind all you "It's a Wonderful Life" virgins that it is now the holiday season and you *need* to make time to watch this movie. Or else.

Thank you. :)

KhanadaRhodes said:

i just think it's kind of depressing.

Didja ever make it to the *end* of the movie? It's not all depressing :shrug:

i'm not pickin' on ya, just pluggin the movie - i luuuuv jimmy stewart (stuart?) and donna reed together :aww:

Last edited:
Here we go

Ok - this is it........

For those of you who are too cheap to buy it or too lazy to go rent it, NBC is broadcasting IAWT at 8/7 Central on Saturday night, in all it's B&W glory. You'll have to suffer through commercials, but I expect a full report from everyone within 24 hours of it's airing.

I mean it. :|

Back
Top Bottom