I think I have an ulcer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
And I can only first see a doctor in three weeks from now.

My stomach is killing me.

I do not know what to do.

It has hurt for 2 weeks.

Has anyone had an ulcer?

What can I do to ease my pain until then?

Regards.

i've not had one, but both of my parents have. my mom tells me the main thing that brings it on, aside from various foods, is stress. i suppose i'll say avoid stress, which is easier said than done, i know. :slant:

I have had an ulcer.

In the meantime, avoid:

-coffee
-foods with high levels of acid (tomatoes, citric fruit and juices)
-alcohol
-greasy foods and oils.

Be sure to eat the following:

-dairy (this is your friend at the moment) Lot's of yoghurt, milk etc... It will coat your stomach.

Don't leave your stomach empty for too long. Eat smaller more regular meals. Buy a good antacid. I recommend Diovol. Veyr good product and you can buy it in pill form, that you swallow.

:hug: ouizy :hug: Ulcers suck... but you'll be fine. Do you think you are bleeding? :uhoh: There is only one way to know... :reject:

my dad suffers with ulcers

and so do the people around him.
The waiting lists to see a doctor in Oz are getting longer and longer. I have to wait at least a month to see "Gandalf"

PS: sorry about the pipe and drum band then..I didn't realise you were unwell.
I know it hurts, good luck

**cass tip- toes outta here**

no no no - thanks for the band...

I have not *seen* any blood, I just burn a lot...

I have to watch what I eat, and have to somehow reduce my stress. I do not know how I am going to do that right now my job is killing me, I am planning a wedding, and going through a serious family crisis...

I am very very tense...

Zantac helps with that burning feeling. I don't have an ulcer, at least I dont' think I do, but I get that burning feeling occasionally and that's what my Dr. told me to take.

In the mean time, don't stress so much. My stomach always feels better when I dont' stress.

don't take too much of the pepcid ouizy, maybe try something else if it's not working, it's probably not good to take that many. :shrug:

hope you feel better soon!

:hug:

Last edited:
maybe it's a tumor

unflicalamaternelle.jpg

it's not a tumor!!

what angel said. i had one and it was horrible. certain foods really made it worse. i took zantac too and it helped a little but you probably need something stronger.

and you definitely need ouizy time. :(

i hope you feel better. try to get to a doctor as soon as you can.

:hug:

doctor tomorrow morning 8:45AM.

I am feeling a bit better, but really cannot eat anything.

THis is good for the WIP (wedding improvement plan) but bad for my tummy.

I reckon there is about a 2 inch circle I can draw on my stomach where the problem is, it kind of feels like the bar scene in Alien.

went to the doc

:|

Without going into graphic detail, she did not think it was an ulcer, but something that had to do with acids, and my ability or inability to create, and dispose of

waste.

blechhh - she gave me meds, and said that hopefully in a few weeks it should go away.

aren't you glad I shared that???

Yes, thank you for sharing - although I *would* be interested in hearing about the technical medical aspects of what she said....

Take your medicine :hug:

Im relieved to hear it's not an ulcer afterall :hug:

There's got to be a male equivilent to a hug on the smiley list lol

I popped in to see how ouizy is.
Good news...well OK news, It's good it's not an ulcer.

Once again cleasai , good thinking. An affectionate male smilie. What do you suggest? a slap on the back? thinking caps on!
( I have a story about thinking caps, but as ouizy is not completely recovered, I'll refrain...)

I am toying with the idea of you being a "regular" ouizy ( I know this is not funny) , but words and all, there is joke material there somewhere.Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom