I think about...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I can go you one better. I talk about you guys to everyone I know. For example: "I know this guy in Singapore who hates Dream Theater. He's pretty cool." And they're all, "That's great. :uhoh: "

Or "What made you decide to buy this CD?" "Oh, a guy from the Internet told me it was good, so I took his word for it and bought it."

Am I a loser or what?

Uh, don't answer that! :wink:

Heartland Girl :laugh: :cute: :hug:

Sometimes if i have just been on interland and iread something funny and go to class and think about it i start to laugh :uhoh:

You do that HeartlandGirl? I think its the better way to go. Talking to offline people I think of something someone here says and they ask where I heard it or whatever and I get all "Um, it was...um...just someone...Um..." :shifty:

I will not be judged dammit! You are all real! :scream:

Angela Harlem said:
You do that HeartlandGirl? I think its the better way to go. Talking to offline people I think of something someone here says and they ask where I heard it or whatever and I get all "Um, it was...um...just someone...Um..." :shifty:

:lol: I do that too. :reject:

If I mention something someone on here said, and people ask who it is and how I know them, I always say that I know them cos 'they're a U2 fan'

People think my U2ey-ness is weird enough, so they tend not to ask any more questions if I say that :shrug: :laugh:

My parents don't get my internet thing...

As far as Im concerned, the people on the other end are real, given the 6 degrees of seperation theory, chances are I could make up some connection to one person or another anyway, and finally, the world is a much smaller community than it once was thanks to technology; it used to take weeks to travel a countryside to find family in another county, or even a days travel to reach your neighbour... now you can be anywhere in the world in less than 24 hours. All these 'psychos and freaks' out there, youre just as likely to find them in real life... sure, the differences are there, like you cant see body language, and you cant 'know for certain' about the person on the other end... but here on I.C its just like a city-wide U2 fanclub, there could be just as many freaks in the city as online; and even if it were a city-wide U2 fanclub, youd still have to 'take someones word for it' that they are who they say they are... the game remains the same. Yet when I try to explain this, people give me crazy looks. The thing is though, you can either embrace technology, or you can shelter yourself from it, I choose to embrace it, its right for me, if something happens well then thats my fault for assuming the risk, but I figure I may as well go for it, bad stuff can happen to you even if you dont 'take risks'. However, I have no reason to believe the risk isnt nearly as large as people say it is.

Im closer to some of my internet friends than I am with some of my real friends. Does that make me a freak? Or is it that I just have more widespread and selective access online where I can surround myself with nothing but the best people in a way that I simply cannot in the "real" world? Its all real, its just a matter of how you choose to deal with it.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Im closer to some of my internet friends than I am with some of my real friends. Does that make me a freak? Or is it that I just have more widespread and selective access online where I can surround myself with nothing but the best people in a way that I simply cannot in the "real" world? Its all real, its just a matter of how you choose to deal with it.
I'm closer to some internet friends than "real" friends myself. Through Interference I've found a few people who I think I was SUPPOSED to know but wouldn't have any other way. And I've met a few of them and they were real people, and very nice, and just as cool in person as they are online. :yes:

You're just as likely to find some psycho in a bar, and that seems to be a more widely accepted way of meeting people. :shrug:

Schmeg said:

I'm closer to some internet friends than "real" friends myself. Through Interference I've found a few people who I think I was SUPPOSED to know but wouldn't have any other way. And I've met a few of them and they were real people, and very nice, and just as cool in person as they are online. :yes:

Indeed, I understand that completely, and its true, Ive done the same, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Schmeg said:

You're just as likely to find some psycho in a bar, and that seems to be a more widely accepted way of meeting people. :shrug:

Exactly my point :D at least someone gets it ;D

Although I suspect a lot of others here will too.

my internet friends have better taste in music than my real friends. so naturally i feel closer to some of them than some of my real-lfe friends

:shifty:

many a timei've been somewhere and seen something that's reminded me of someone from here. or i see or hear something and think 'oh i've got to tell so-and-so' about that, and very often that so and so is an interferencer.

my mom doesn't know i post here. she doesn't know here exists. and she doesn't know i talk to more peop;le i've met online over AIM than people iv'e met in school or at work.

and what bit me? when i was home, something bit me and it itches :mad: *random comment*

IWasBored said:
my internet friends have better taste in music than my real friends. so naturally i feel closer to some of them than some of my real-lfe friends

many a timei've been somewhere and seen something that's reminded me of someone from here. or i see or hear something and think 'oh i've got to tell so-and-so' about that, and very often that so and so is an interferencer.
My family knows I post here often and I've met a few people, but they don't know how big a part of my life my friends here are. I always see something or hear something that I need to tell a fellow Interferencer.

And I owe some of my fantastic taste in music to IWB...so hi! :wave:

IWasBored said:

Me too.

:hugsallaround:

:hug:

and i gave you my white for your abbey road.

i dream about interland.
not good.
not good at all. lol.

Back
Top Bottom