I steal bread at restaurants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
I can't believe the extent to which I am turning into my mother. She always used to dump all kinds of leftovers into her purse after eating at a restaurant, much to my acute embarassment.

Although I'm not so bad that I travel around with ziplock bags in which to stuff things, I have started wrapping up leftover bread and buns from baskets in napkins and stuffing them surreptitiously into my bag or pockets. I figure, it's MY bread that I paid for, so even if I haven't touched it, I should still get to keep it. Besides, they might throw it out!

Does anyone else do this, or am I just pathetic?

Wow, I thought I was cheap........

No, j/k - I definitely am one to ask for a doggie bag, although I usually think about how well something is going to last overnight and/or reheat, and if it won't make it, I just leave it.

it was funny, my mom and dad and I went to a Thanksgiving buffet at a hotel...my mom loves their chocolate chip cookies, so she took 2 or 3 of them with her, and one of the tarts that she couldn't finish...she had left her purse in the car because she didn't want to lug it around, so she didn't have any place to put the cookies, except to just carry them out....my dad and I were laughing, and sat at the table and waited till she walked out by herself :lol:

I have an enormous restaurant, so I usually eat everything, even the bread....

But I'm notorious for stealing the candy you get afterward. Mints, lollipops, oh dear....

Jess, you didn't wrap up and steal your bread that night at the ballet, DID YOU?

*makes a mental note to watch Jess next time she eats*

What does Mr Edge think of all this?

LOL. If it's really good bread, I'll do the same thing too! There's this one Mexican restaurant near where I live that has the best tortilla chips EVER. The waiters refill the basket all throughout your meal, so I make sure to get a full basket, wrap up the chips, and put them in my purse. Needless to say, I get crumbs all over my purse and it's a big mess. But it's worth it for those chips! :drool: :shifty:

Ok, I just thought of a place where I do ask for extra bread and take home as much as I can carry - any Michiganders been to Kruse and Muer's? Best bread *EVER* :yes:

Bonochick said:

Never 'eard of it!

Where have you been? :tsk:

They have 3 restaurants in Rochester, Charlie's Crab in Troy, I think a new one just opened in Oxford or Lake Orion. You'll have to catch dinner there the next time you're at the Palace or the Silverdome :drool:

the only time my mom does that is when she's getting take-out for someone, and brings them home the rest of our bread or rolls, if they didn't give them any for their take-out.

which reminds me, we went to chili's over the weekend and i got the fajitas, i brought home the rest of my rice cuz i couldn't eat it all. chili's rice = :drool:

i could seriously live on rice for a month, as long as i had all my different varities that i liked. :yes:

bonosloveslave said:

Where have you been? :tsk:

They have 3 restaurants in Rochester, Charlie's Crab in Troy, I think a new one just opened in Oxford or Lake Orion. You'll have to catch dinner there the next time you're at the Palace or the Silverdome :drool:

Hey now, I'm originally from the U.P...spent the first 18 years of my life there! I've only lived downstate for a couple years now.

We don't have much in the U.P., don't ya know. :D

I have no pride whatsoever when it comes to those Red Lobster cheddar garlic biscuits. Don't think I have ever left the place without a styrofoam container. :tongue:

KhanadaRhodes said:

grrr, i found out my mom ate it. :mad:

BWAAHAHAAAAA!!!! :lmao: Don't ya hate that??

One time, when John was visitin', we went to Olive Garden, and I brought like half my food back with me. After we woke up, I took a shower and was then gonna eat my leftovers...I walk into the kitchen, and there's John, eatin' the last bite! :mad:

If he wasn't so damn cute...let me tell ya...:laugh: :D

my mom used to do that, take the bread and stuff it in her purse, it was embarrassing. one time i was around 10 years old we were at this pizza place "shakeys" and they have this all you can eat buffet. you couldn't take food out of the restaurant back then. well, my mom decided it was bullshit and started wrapping up the leftovers, and god my face was red the whole time. we walked out and some waiter came after my mom, telling her she couldnt take the food out, and she just about took his head off, screaming at him.

i wanted to die:tsk:

I'm not to big on bringing leftovers home unless its from the Olive Garden...then I will...lol. My grandma makes sure she gets everything edible that is still left on the table, home with her...lol. The one time I was at this place and they had the best Orange Marmalade, and I just had to have it...well they had two little packs of left on the table and I had no where to put them! I ended putting them in my pocket and I *was* going to take them out as soon as I got to the car...well I forgot and when I reached into my pocket they had exploded!!:ohmy: Needless to say I don't take anything like that home anymore unless I have a take home box...lol :lmao:

Lori :mac:

:lol: I must have missed this thread the first time around!!

So tell us Mrs. Edge...how much extra food did you pinch from the buffet in Vegas :eyebrow: :laugh: :hug:

Bono's American Wife said:
:lol: I must have missed this thread the first time around!!

So tell us Mrs. Edge...how much extra food did you pinch from the buffet in Vegas :eyebrow: :laugh: :hug:

i dont think mrs edge took any food from the restaurant we ate sunday night...we were starving!!:lmao:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:drool: :drool: PF Chang's...yummy
:yes: i haven't been there in forever. IIRC, last time i went was 12/26 - i went to pf chang's one more time that month, the day before i got my wisdom teeth pulled. i wanted my last meal of solid food to be something good.

bonochick, i know the feeling. :laugh: i usually don't have a lot of leftovers though so usually i don't have to worry. however, i have some sweet and sour chicken sitting in the fridge. i can have that for lunch tomorrow, and/or some stuffed sausage pizza. :hmm:

it's so funny how i missed all these replies to me the first time around. :der:

I am worried now Jess. You and Mr. Edge had us over for dinner and we were trying to figure out a date to reciprocate... Are you going to steal my bread?

I will keep my eye's on you.

You are lucky that I didn't steal any zuchinni from you.

Interferer's... I have an announcement.... Jess makes the best garlic zuchinni in the WORLD!

Back
Top Bottom