I smell Lilacs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
I can't smell anything ever because I'm allergic to just about everything and my nose is always plugged. I had my 6 month checkup with my allergist the other day and all I wanted out of that appointment was to be able to smell the lilacs which are in bloom. He gave me a different allergy pill to take for the next few weeks but I was skeptical because I've been on it before and I don't remember seeing any results. It's very annonying not to be able to smell anything most of the time.

I absolutely love lilacs. I love the look and the smell. I look forward to them every spring. I was actually a little depressed over the fact that lilacs will be everywhere for the next few weeks and I won't be able to enjoy their beautiful scent.

I went for a walk today and as I turned to walk on to a different path, there they were: tons and tons of lilacs......AND I COULD SMELL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: It was such an incredible aroma.

:sigh: I want to kiss my Dr. next time I see him.:kiss: I don't care if that was the only time this spring that I will be able to smell lilacs because that scent will stay with me for a long time now.

3375%3A%3A9923232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3237%3E686%3E4%3A%3A%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232487%3A7949%3Anu0mrj

3375%3A%3A9923232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3237%3E686%3E4%3A%3A%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232487%3A79694nu0mrj

That's great that you can smell lilacs...but that's not a confession. THIS would be a confession:

"One time, I was walking down the street, and a little girl was skipping down the sidewalk while holding a bunch of lilacs. I beat the crap out of her and stole her lilacs...they smell so good!!"

I miss lilacs!!! I grew up smelling them in Omaha, but they don't grow down here where I live. Some places in northern California have them, but they're very rare (and expensive) down here.

I'm so glad you got to smell them, dear!

We actually have a Lilac Festival here in Rochester every year. It's about a week long and it's happening right now. It's just like a big festival that happens in a park that has a couple hundred lilac bushes. The only problem is that most of the lilacs don't come into bloom until after the festival has ended! :huh:

Mmmmm. Lilacs. We have a big hedge of them in our back yard. I think I'll cut some tonight for a beautiful bouquet.

Here is another example of a confession:
I sneak into people's yards and snip their lilacs so I can take some home or for my desk at work. Not that I've ever done that or anything. :angel:

Oh I love Lilacs! We have a big bush of them in front of our house :) I'm looking into buying a couple more bushes...maybe white and dark purple. But now i'm sad... they only lasted a week this year:sad: I didn't even get the chance to cut some and bring them in!

Lori :mac:

Lilacs have always been my favourite, I remember my grandparents had huge bushes of them before they moved into an apartment.

We tried to plant some lilac bushes, but like any plant that we have they all died.

I coudn't smell the lilacs today :sad: I'll try again tomorrow. There's a zillion lilacs everywhere I go, including my yard :D so I will try again.

Back
Top Bottom