I retracted a bid on eBay.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I have never done such a thing before and I feel awful awful awful for the guy that's selling the iBook I was bidding on. I'm also mad because I will never get that good of a price on an iBook ever again, but that's not the point. He *did* change the description of the item, but probably not enough to mean *significant* change (it originally said it would come with Office installed, which is probably illegal, which is probably why he changed it).

Anyway, I simply couldn't afford the thing--I found out just a few hours ago that I would have 2 significant expenses in the very near future and with spending a few hundred on a computer, the money for those things would have to come from, like, selling plasma or something.

But still...I feel ashamed and irresponsible.

Don't feel bad :shame:

What you did was actually responsible...you realized you couldn't afford something and backed out before you took on an additional expense.

I sell on ebay frequently and I would rather have someone back out before the auction ends instead of waiting until they win the item and then tell me they can't afford it. Now that is annoying and irresponsible.

ebay gives you the right to retract...don't feel bad about doing it.

BAW what's your eBay name? Ya selling any goodies that I could get? :hyper: heh heh I'm an ebay junkie :crack:

I did that once, too. Don't feel bad. In the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty minor sin. And like Char said, better to do what you did than spend money you don't have. :)

I'm not selling anything at the moment, though I might have to pretty soon if these expenses don't stop piling up. I have an autographed picture of Kevin Spacey (it's the famous "bathtub shot" from American Beauty), some nice jewelry...but honestly not a whole lot of stuff that people would want to buy.

:reject: Yeah...I retracted a bid once...I shouldn't have ever bid in the first place because this person had really iffy feedback...and then this other guy who had lots of problems with him emailed me saying how bad he was, so I retracted it...I felt really guilty! but I won't do it again!

Back
Top Bottom