I really think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salome

you are what you is
Interference doesn't need any more mods

we just need nicer members
tongue.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-25-2002).]

Originally posted by icelady:
And Salome ? I agree that it doesn?t need any more mods but I?m sure Elvis is just trying to give you guys some slack and allow you to get away it?s nice that people would offer to pitch in. Hopefully the offers are not for the wrong reasons but are for sheer love of the forum.
I don't doubt Elvis his motives
but - personally - when I look at the amount of crappy comments you can get as a mod because you move a few threads to a forum where they actually belong
or - even worse - when you close a thread because you decide (usually a decision by more than one mod) that it is only started to offend/piss off/insult other forum members you can't help but wonder

I understand that people want to decide for themselves what goes and that really no one is waiting for a mod to judge the merrits of a thread s/he has started
but this place can get a bit messy at times

I just wonder if people do want more mods
and I do think that a nicer attitude would solve even more problems

------------------
Salome

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-25-2002).]

Salami always manages to take the words out of my mouth.

[]-)

And I do see some good points in my noodles post and also iceladys. But I know its easy to say "its just an internet forum" but in fact it is more than that in ways. Its a family, a community.. and you cant help but become to care about the people you meet here who you become friends with.

As for moderating.. I'm becoming used to the crap and trying not to let it bother me, because I know that Salome and I are just doing our jobs and I think we're pretty fair about it.

Originally posted by Salome:
but - personally - when I look at the amount of crappy comments you can get as a mod because you move a few threads to a forum where they actually belong
or - even worse - when you close a thread because you decide (usually a decision by more than one mod) that it is only started to offend/piss off/insult other forum members you can't help but wonder

I can't imagine what you guys must put up with - it for sure must be a thankless crap job... but thanks for doing it.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I think it's sad about recent ppl causing so many issues - but it's not something I let bother me or annoy me. I enjoy the Forum, but I leave it at the Forum - it's not something I internalize or have any emotions about. I refuse to let complete strangers ruin my day, or my goodtimes here. They can sod off if they are idiots, but as far as me and my friends here at Interference, I just keep on and carry on and pay them no emotional attention.

HelloAngel you got it so right! People tend to take this place too seriously. I am guilty of letting little things get to me from time to time, but then I just step back and take it for what it is--> a forum. It's not reality. I for one enjoy many of the people here. It's a great place for up to date information on the band and for a little fun!
Yes Salome, no new mods needed, just a friendlier atmosphere.
biggrin.gif

For some people who can ignore all the bad for the good that's great. For those who can overlook everything that's great.

But I hear so much about this whole "it is not real". It?s just a forum. Get a life. And the list goes on. But you tend to forget that no matter whether it?s the internet or not, no matter whether you know these people or not, not matter how real or not real it is, pointed words still hurt. It doesn?t feel good with people you know and it doesn?t feel good on the internet either. Maybe it's just because I'm older and have children - who knows.

When I come to these places, although I may not agree with what a person say or thinks, I have enough sense to realize that it doesn?t matter what I think or what they think.

But it does matter how you treat people. Just because it?s the internet and it?s just a forum/I don't know these people doesn?t give anyone the right to disrespect people and to be hurtful.

I?m sorry but sometimes I get angry when people belittle the fact that it shouldn?t hurt your feelings or whatever.

Everyone should just be a little nicer and a little more considerate and a little more respectful of each other.

Sorry didn?t mean to gripe but I?ve said my piece.

And Salome ? I agree that it doesn?t need any more mods but I?m sure Elvis is just trying to give you guys some slack and allow you to get away it?s nice that people would offer to pitch in. Hopefully the offers are not for the wrong reasons but are for sheer love of the forum.

You made some really good points, icelady.
smile.gif
I really agree with you.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by icelady:
...But it does matter how you treat people. Just because it?s the internet and it?s just a forum/I don't know these people doesn?t give anyone the right to disrespect people and to be hurtful.

I agree with you icelady. In defense to my 'people take it too seriously' comment, I did not mean to sound as though its ok to be a jerk due to the fact its just a forum, because it is not ok. People need to realize that when they say something negative or mean to another member, that that person is indeed real, with real feelings. BUT, I do think that if we let negative comments get to us too much, we need to just take a moment and remember what in our life is real, and that is what is important.

Originally posted by Angel:
I agree with you icelady. In defense to my 'people take it too seriously' comment, I did not mean to sound as though its ok to be a jerk due to the fact its just a forum, because it is not ok. People need to realize that when they say something negative or mean to another member, that that person is indeed real, with real feelings. BUT, I do think that if we let negative comments get to us too much, we need to just take a moment and remember what in our life is real, and that is what is important.

Amen, Angel Sista.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
I can't imagine what you guys must put up with
ah, it's not that bad really
I don't want to sound like I'm complaining
I love being a mod and I do understand why lots of people would like to be one
I'm just not sure whether more mods will help things move along more smoothly or will cause more frustrations

but I guess we will find out

------------------
Salome

True.

But it can be hard, because there's so many people and lots of different personalities. Occasional clashes are bound to happen.

Also, how do you draw the line between "it's just a forum" and "it's more personal than that" attitudes?

Some people post less, some post more, email other Interferencers - some people post mostly kiddingly, while others feel confident posting, revealing private life problems...you know?
Once a person gets to know a few people, and once they get into a fight - it's hard to say "it's just some strangers on the internet".

Most of the time, i don't think much about this forum in real life - except maybe if there's a heated debate - i might dwell on it.

Back
Top Bottom