I Really Should...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
be nicer to my dad.
frown.gif

My parents have been divorced for over 3 years this month, and he's had lots of problems in that time. He's also a compulsive gambler, and so it's hard to deal with him knowing he's not really doing anything to get himself out of that rut.

I do spend time with him, and I really do love him, but...sometimes I feel like I'm harder on him than I ought to be. I'm an only child, so a lot of times I feel like I'm all he's got. I just want him to get his shit together.

Blargh...I don't usually say this much here. Oh well.
icon38.gif

------------------
My scream got lost in a paper cup...

It's hard to be nice to a parent when you feel like they are screwing up their lives and doing nothing about it.

When my mom left my dad, her life was just slowly going down the tubes. Dad was willing to take her back, but she was too afraid to admit she was wrong and come back home. She pissed me off so badly when they were apart, and we had some grand fights sometimes, but I still tried to do all I could be to be there for her. Eventually, she did come back home and remarry my dad.

I know it's a different situation, April, but I just want to tell you that it's normal to feel frustrated like you are...and to give the other person shit every so often...believe me...I laid the truth down on my mother many times, not always in the nicest way either. It may have hurt her a lotl, but she eventually snapped back into reality. Sometimes we have to be cruel to be kind.

((((April))))

------------------
"I'm Fluffy, Gray, And Oh So Cute!"

Whoops...wrong name...damn cat...*lmao*

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I was going to say pretty much what BC said, or whiskers..

Just remember sweetie that your anger and harsh words come out of frustration. While keeping in mind that your folks are having a really rough time, so are you. It hurts so much to see the people we love make mistakes. When our frustration shows it doesnt mean we are not supportive anymore, it means that we are struggling. Its a hard time, but it has an end to it. Your dad loves you as much as you love him.
Take care April.

(((hugs)))

Give him your support sis and try to talk to him about it if he'll listen. Sometimes you have to be hard on the ones you love to get them to realize things.

(( hugs ))

Thanks so much, guys.
smile.gif
You really helped me see what I knew the whole time, but what has escaped me lately. I know he knows I love him, and that when I say things to him to try and "snap" him out of it it's out of concern. We'll see if he heeds the advice one day. But thanks again.

(((((group hugs)))))

Back
Top Bottom