I REALLY Hate It When...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
people ask you to contribute to gifts, charities, etc. when they know for a fact you are not working and cannot afford it.
mad.gif

Case in point: In a few weeks, it will be my mom's 50th birthday. A few months ago my well-to-do aunt asked everyone in our family if we would all contribute to one present for her, namely a Coach purse (for those of you who do not know, a Coach purse is very expensive, a status symbol if you will). I said yes, knowing (thinking) I would be working by this time and wanting to do something special for my mom's birthday.

Now, my aunt knows the financial troubles I've been having lately due to my lay-off, and tonight I received an email from her asking when we'd be going shopping for the purse. I felt like an ass, but I had to mail her back asking if we all (I have an aunt and uncle who are struggling as well, and they certainly cannot contribute to this) could just buy my mom seperate gifts then postpone the purse for another occasion at a later date when we're all doing a bit better.

Sorry for the book, but I had to get this off my chest.

Anyone else ever have to deal with this crap?

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

yeah i can see how that would be annoying.... kind of like when you straight up tell someone you don't want to go on a date, but they continue to ask you anyway, and call your house repeatedly and stuff, forcing you to be rude.... kind of like that anyway.

It's the best example I could come up with.

Or you could just say you can only contribute a certain amount, whatever you can afford. And if they dont like it well tough shit!

Give them this.
tongue.gif

Image38.gif

------------------
From Telly Time at PLEBA Mansion by our very own Mullen-Girl:

Foadzilla:*stomps and says nonstop* FOAD! FOAAAAAAAAAAAAD! FOOOOOOAAAAAAADDD! *grabs Clarity and lifts her up*

Clarity: Ohhhh, well hello there mr Foadzilla, you look mighty snarly today.

Foadzilla:*lifts eyebrow* Foad?

Clarity: Oh yeah definitely.

That sucks, April. People really need to be more understanding. My sister had some probs over the holidays because she's been sick and has had to miss a few months of work. She felt bad about Christmas gifts for people, especially for Mom and Dad, so I just bought some nice gifts for our parents from both of us and told my sister she could pay me back (not that I'm really going to ask her to do so...but I knew she didn't want to feel like she was receiving a "hand out").

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 02-12-2002).]

Tell your aunt you don't feel comfortable with that arrangement, then buy your mom something you want to get her.

I know what you mean girlie... I have a different problem, kind of the opposite. I make a good amt more money than the majority of my friends, actually a significant amount, but I also have a TON of bills each month (remember my rent?
wink.gif
) And a lot of the times they expect me to make up the difference or pick up the tab in certain circumstances. Not that I mind once in a while, but it shouldn't be assumed! I get a lit of "I"ll pay you backs" = which means I never see it
smile.gif
Sorry for the rant!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Holy Jesus, Holy rock and roll...

Back
Top Bottom