I never yell at people when I should

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AvsGirl41

New Yorker
Get this. I went to my 11:15 hair appointment today, read a whole magazine before the bitchy stylist at the front desk asks me what time my appointment was for and informs me it was at 10:15. She calls my stylist on her cell phone and tells me she's booked for the day, but do I want to book one for Saturday, as there are openings. I say no and leave.

I am just so unbelievably angry I could scream--because what this whole thing comes down to is, they refuse to hire a receptionist and my stylist is a lazy slob. When I first tried to make an appointment, no one called me back for 4 days and I was forced to call them. No one called to confirm the appointment and no one called to find out where I was. She knows I've never missed an appointment and the professional thing to do was call.
When I worked at a salon, I always had to call the missing clients.
Nor did she call me to reschedule when she returned from her "errand"--an errand that was, I might add, being done on the 2 hours she booked for my appointment. She could have still fit me in. I suspect she hung around for 15 minutes and then took off when I didn't show.

Plus, the "receptionist" (really a stylist who never has clients) was completely rude to me and made me feel like utter shit. I should have yelled at them--I lost a day of work and couldnt get my paycheck, I lost an earlier appointment I made at a new salon because I decided it was safer to stick with my old one, and my hair gets to look like crap for the party.

I lost track of how many times my sister and I got yelled at for clients missing their appointments--and this after we wrote it on cards, called them to confirm, called them when they didn't show and found ways to still work them into the stylist's "book 6 months in advance" schedule. This salon did none of this for me and I was nice about it, taking the blame.

But I didn't yell--because I knew it wouldn't do any good, they won't fix their business practices. The lazy slobs would just say what a bitch I was, how it was my own fault, how their life sucks because they have to serve people like me. But I'd feel a hell of a lot better now. :mad: :mad:

I guess what it really comes down to is, I've been a salon receptionist, I'm an office receptionist now...and I'm constantly having to be there for people, call people, send them to the right place, fix their mistakes, etc. That's what my job is--serving clients and always being friendly about it, even when they're horrible to me. But nowhere I go ever serves me as their client!
Why do I have to work hard, but no one I pay does?

Last edited:
:hug:

I totally know where you're coming from. I'm a cashier, and I have to be happy and polite all the time, even when customers are complete jerks to me and it ticks me off :rant: I'd love to give them lip back, but 1) I'd prolly get fired and 2) I'm too shy and scared :reject:

We don't get paid enough to deal with stuff like this :tsk:

I think that one day a month, everyone who works with the public should be able to tell them how we really feel...and not get in trouble for it ;)
I'm a cashier too, and sometimes I have to bite my tongue for an enitre shift...especially this time of year.
I hope you don't ever ever go back to that salon again, they don't deserve your $$...

Thanks you two. :)

I'm never going back, I was already fried after they never returned my original call and now they lost me completely--except they'll never know why!

Customer service. :down:

Mrs.Clayton said:
I think that one day a month, everyone who works with the public should be able to tell them how we really feel...and not get in trouble for it ;)
I'm a cashier too, and sometimes I have to bite my tongue for an enitre shift...especially this time of year.
I hope you don't ever ever go back to that salon again, they don't deserve your $$...
I would LOVE that. One day a year, even. I would volunteer to work for free that day!

I used to let people walk all over me, but I've learned to stand up for myself. It's taken a few years, and I'm still not great at it, but when I need to get my point across I usually can.

When I was a legislative assistant, there were SO many things I wanted to say to stupid/rude constituents and lobbyists, but I had to hold back. Rude people.... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom