I Need To Stay Out Of The Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Dad worked a really long day today, so I decided to surprise him by having a spaghetti dinner ready for him when he got home.

:|

I got out a big pot to cook the pasta in. I set it on the stove with the lid on and turned on the burner. The problem is that I forgot to put water in it first. :der: About 10 minutes later, I had a very scorched pot. After it cooled down a little, I brought it to the sink to fill with water. As I was carrying it back to the stove, I realized that the handles were still really hot, and I kind of tossed it on the stove, causing a bunch of water to slosh out all over. Then the pot with the sauce started bubbling because I hadn't been stirring it, and it blew up some sauce all over. Then I realized that I'd forgotten about the garlic bread in the oven, and it had started to burn.

I stood at the stove and cried. Dad gave me a hug and a kiss and told me a bad cooking story of his to make me feel better. :laugh: He even ate the burnt bread.

well i am staying out of my kitchen this evening because there are damn ants all over the place and now my place smells of RAID! :scream: :angry:

:hug:

I did the same thing with a pot once but didn't save it in time. I put the pot on the element, turned the element on, but had forgotten to put the water in. The next thing I hear is a huge bang and the pot has come apart. The bottom piece had exploded off the rest of the pot.

Your Dad sounds great

One of Sam's flatmates tried to make pasta once and poured the sauce in with the water and pasta because he didn't know you had to drain the pasta. :yuck:

Sam always tells me that story when I say I can't cook.

If you need another one, I'll make Jenn come in here and tell you about the time we tried to make brown bread. :huh:

This week I've been cooking with my sister... because my parents are taking the sun in miami (they didn't take us there :madspit:) ... yesterday i cooked rice but my sister burned it when she tried to warm it again... the pot was completely black and it took hours to clean it up...

We had leftover spaghetti and leftover burnt bread last night. :D

Tomorrow night...we'll probably just have Hot Pockets. :wink:

my son set our microwave on fire because he put in a burger bun to defrost but putting the settings on high.. I was wondering where the burning smell was coming from I turned around and there were flames coming out of the Microwave!!! so don't feel too bad Bonochick, we all have mishaps:wink:

bc i hope this makes you feel a bit better. one time after one of the dog's bigger visits to the vet, he was put on a diet of boiled rice and some lean boiled chicken. so i put the pot on to boil the rice, refusing to learn to use the steamer. so then i wander off and get completely distracted until i heard the smoke alarm going off. panicking, i opened the door of the bedroom, petrified of what i'd find and was confronted with a wall of thick black smoke. i stood there for a few seconds thinking "shit...my house is gone. this is the end. i cant look around the corner...where the fuck are all the photos..." then i snapped myself out of it and crept to the kitchen, realising i had left the rice, and my kitchen was black. i almost cried when i saw there was no flames, and then almost cried again when i realised the smoke had billowed outside and the neighbours were peering over the fence calling out to me, thinking i might be dead from smoke inhalation. it was a mess. it took 3 days for the smell of smoke to fade.

i learned how to use the steamer the next day.
:|

I'm an unenthusiasic/lousy cook myself, but luckily my husband is nice about disasters, like your Dad. And patient, because it's been happening for seventeen years now...

Back
Top Bottom