I need better sleeping habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ewings said:
How old are all of you? Just wait until you deal with the "real world", i.e., working. :wink:

20. I am a full time student during the school year and just also finished a summer course. I have three jobs: I work 40 hours a week at my "regular" job during the summer. I'm a computer/printer/hardware/software/phone support technician. Then I just got this new job doing web development which I will be doing from home at night now that my summer night class is done. During the school year, I have a full credit load, work 15 hrs a week at my tech job, then also TA/lab monitor for a Prof in the evenings (depends on how many sections I take, but last year it ended up being another 7-17 hrs a week), and then this web development job in the evenings as well. :huh:

Trust me, I can't WAIT to finish school and just have work and myself to worry about. No more projects, homework, or two additional jobs to go to at night.

My current sleep schedule: 6am-3pm.

Because -that- isn't horribly, horribly fucked up.

And school resumes in slightly over a month.

Joy.

redkat said:
tre

May I suggest my sleeping pattern;)

When you're in Europe you'll adjust there will be so much to do and see. You won't need or want to sleep so much.

My college roommate always said "you can sleep when you're dead"

your sleeping pattern involves getting up at 6-7AM:eyebrow: I dont'/can't do that:wink:

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
My current sleep schedule: 6am-3pm.

Because -that- isn't horribly, horribly fucked up.

And school resumes in slightly over a month.

Joy.

I've been there.

That is what happened to me today. But now it is midnight, and I guess the natural biorythm is coming back. I actually.... feel a little tired....... :huh:

I keep having weird dreams. They seem to be getting worse and worse

Nod like horrible, but more discomforting lately. Especially the last one. And it is only now midnight. I wonder when I will manage to fall asleep............. :|

My problem is I stay up until 2 or 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights and then sleep in until 1 or 1:30 p.m. the next day. Then on Sunday I try to go to bed at a decent time, but I just toss and turn for hours. I end up only getting a couple of hours of sleep and I'm tired and cranky all day at work on Monday.

The rest of the world needs to adjust itself to the sleeping pattern I prefer. Then all would be well. :wink:

I'm with you Bono's Shades. Tomorrow is my first day back to work after the summer, and I have to be there at 9:00 a.m. I went to bed last night around 4 and woke up pretty late today. Tonight is gonna be a long night of tossing and turning and fretting. :| It's my own fault for sure, but like you said, if the rest of the world would get with the program... :wink:

Bonochick said:
When I lived back home with my dad and was working two part-time jobs, my sleep schedule was basically staying up until between 2 and 5 in the morning and staying in bed until 11 or noon. But when I got a full-time job and moved in with my boyfriend, I actually made the transition to a 10:00 p.m. bedtime and 6:30ish wake up time quite well. How? Because I had to. :wink: I just accepted that I had to change my schedule and went with it.

I tell ya though...I feel such a dork sometimes for having a 10:00p.m. bedtime now. :lol: It's when my boyfriend goes to bed though, and we get up at the same time, so I just started following suit, and it's kinda nice. I think once we get internet at home that I may indulge in a few of my much cherished late nights though. :shifty:

don't feel like a dork...i have the exact same schedule...without the boyfriend. :der:

i find it so hard though cause i'm a major night owl and these 6am mornings are the death of me every single day. :sigh: :faint:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom