I need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daisybean said:

Where I am living now (not where I grew up), it seems like if you are not married by 20 there is something wrong with you

:yes: I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm from Kentucky, and ALL of my friends from college are either married, or at the very least engaged. I'm only 21 and I already feel like an old maid. It doesn't help that people are impossible to meet in the real world. :(

ACROB@T said:
..all of you have so much going for you and deserve something really special and worth holding on to..also means you have to wait it out..its stating the obvious but its something I can't tell myself at the moment so at least I can send it this way......

Yep, been waiting 2 years now! lol Not "waiting"...I guess maybe searching is more accurate? Not to say I'm always looking for someone, but I'm just getting fed up always being the single chick (yeah, nothing wrong with that I know), while all of my friends are getting married and having kids (something I'm not ready for at all). God I sound neurotic. Maybe that's my problem. ;)

Well the one good thing I can say about this is that the longer you wait, when the right person comes along you really appreciate it that much more if it makes any sense. I was single for the LONGEST time (at least, not dating anyone for more than a few months here and there) until I met my boyfriend. I felt like I was NEVER going to meet a good guy. Then all of a sudden it just happened. I'm not by any means trying to rub this in anyone's face by any means... just that I can relate all too well, and I'm proof that things do work out! :D

I know you girls are probably going to tell me to shove it because you've heard it all before but...I swear to you...you WILL meet someone great and you WON'T be alone for the rest of your life :)

Someone very close to me (I will call her "L") was in the same boat as you are not very long ago and had almost given up on meeting someone. She had been badly burned by 2 guys and had pretty much decided that it would be her and her 2 cats for the rest of her life.

I could never figure out why "L" had so much trouble with her relationships because she's very attractive, has a great job, is financially stable, very funny and fun to be with...a total package!

Well, "L" had a good friend (I will call "M") who she thought was cute but never looked at in "that way." They were friends and coworkers for 3 years but never considered dating. One day, a friend from outside work set her up on a blind date...and to her shock and surprise, it was "M".

They laughed and told their mutual friend that they already knew each other but obviously this person thought they were a great match if he set them up on a date without knowing they were friends already, right?

Long story short, I attended L & M's wedding in San Francisco in June and when I reminded her that 2 short years ago, she was ready to make a life with her cats, she pretended she didn't know what I was talking about :D

He might be in your life already, you just don't know it yet!

stop it meggyhead.

meegannie said:
I don't have any friends in real life and have no way of meeting people, so yes, I will be alone forever.

i'm going to slap you upside the head and put you in the reject box if i hear anymore of that nonsense.

:angry:

meegannie, don't say that. you're obviously giving yourself no credit whatsoever, I am positive there are people that like you...are you shy? it takes time to get over that.

i know trust me, because I am terrified that all I do is annoy people and when I find out they actually do like me it makes me want to cry cos I had no idea and was too busy being afraid. just learn to loosen up and be kinder to yourself especially because it really shows if you don't like yourself.

trust me. now be positive please

BabyGrace said:

i know trust me, because I am terrified that all I do is annoy people and when I find out they actually do like me it makes me want to cry cos I had no idea and was too busy being afraid. just learn to loosen up and be kinder to yourself especially because it really shows if you don't like yourself.

BabyGrace, I know what you mean. :(

Mnahblahumerrahem

Phew.... that many of us singles out there?

Hmm - i guess personally what probably keeps me from meeting people (and finding the right guy) is probably shyness itself, fear of rejection, not being very talkative but more of a listenener, not always being sure of myself or the competitiveness of my looks compared to other girls...

I dunno - i really really hope that those of you who say that our time will come are right.

On the other hand, there is no limit given as to when one should settle down with someone special. At 24, there's still plenty of time.

:shrug:

Last edited:
many moons ago, I gave myself the permission to live my 20s without fear or recrimination over my lack of a b/f. Indeed, if I reach 30 and am still single I am not going to freak over it. The more you want and yearn for something, the more it has power over you rather than the other way around. And I hate feeling that way. I live my life and I do whatever I want and chart my own course and if/when I run into someone who is going the same direction then that will be grand. If it never happens...well at least I will be able to know that I didn't give up my self and my dreams because of fear of being alone. I dunno. I have seen too many of my friends rush into relationships that are less than what they deserve to take it lightly.

But in lieu of sounding like a stuck-up priss...I do empathize. I think you are all lovely women not only on the outside but on the inside. And I hope that you all realize that there is so much more than having a boyfriend and that you're worth more than the sum of "your man". I have no doubt that you each will find someone special that is right for you and only you. The 'when' is an adventure. :) Every day is full of possibilities.

someone once told me that the greatest waste on this planet is the amount of time people spend being afraid of each other. I think he's right.

*raises hand* me too....well, see....i'm at an age where most girls date around a bit...well, only one guy has ever really "looked at me that way" so i always feel kind of weird.....but that's the story of my life....i want a boyfriend because i'd love to have someone to talk to, spend time with, and truly be close with.....but i know i have plenty of time, and i'm starting college in a month :ohmy: so there's a whole new ocean out there....or something.....:huh:

BabyGrace said:
someone once told me that the greatest waste on this planet is the amount of time people spend being afraid of each other. I think he's right.

I am absolutely TERRIFIED of relationships, but apart from that, I just don't have any opportunities to meet people. I know absolutely no one in real life and work in the same office with the same people every day. :(

I will always be alone and always be too poor to have fun being lonely. My life = :madspit:

hey now...

Meeganie, don't be so negative. Call me a smart-ass if you want, but it starts from within, i think - first learn to accept yourself before you can open up to others.
Meet new people - start up a hobby, or some sort of class... you never know when a new friend (or even THE guy) might come up.

Easier said than done, i know. But do break that shell.

And i've read some of your posts (IO mostly) and they were very entertaining and funny. You're a nice person from what i can tell.

Also, don't say "i will always be alone". You don't know that, and being pessimistic in advance is no use.

Last edited:
Thank you, U2girl. :)

I try to meet new people, but it's just so hard here and I have very little time with work. I'm painfully shy too, which doesn't help. :( I'm trying to be more positive.... :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom