i miss everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i'm sitting here alone in south dakota cos everyone that goes here lives here and goes home every weekendand since i'm 6 hours from home and i haven't seen my friends or family in so long and i am so far from my foxy ( :wave: ) and i just got a call from my friend and i'm sitting here bawling my eyes out cos i'm so far away from everyone who cares about me.

:hug: I can relate, Lilly. I've lived downstate for the past couple years, and I really only have a couple friends here...we never really do stuff though because they live in different towns (we go to the same community college). I feel like all my friends back home are still having fun together without me (a lot of them go to the same schools and live on campus together, and they always get to go back home for the summer). It gets lonely...but at least we have email and phone calls to keep in touch!

:hug: Hey....you've got us, at least! :D

:hug:

I know how you feel. When I was in college in Kentucky, EVERYONE went home EVERY weekend. I was literally one of about 20 people on campus.

Also, for the past year and a half, I've lived in Washington, DC, where I know NO ONE, so with my boyfriend living in England, everyday is lonely for me. :(

Maybe things will get better after you've settled in some. I'm sure there are other people there like you, you just have to look hard to find them. :)

(sorry about aol last night! It's acting weird on me and keeps shutting down and I can't get back on. :mad: )

:hug: twineth...:(...you can always come and talk to us...we care about you! here's what you've got to do: on a weekend...go out and buy cupcakes (who doesn't like cupcakes?)...walk around to random rooms and give the people who are there a cupcake and then they'll think you're nice.....that or crazy.....i say it's worth the odds!

:heart: you, twin!

The burden of having a loved one far away is hard to bear.
Sometimes it's heavier on the heart to know that the memories are all you have
But soon, you find these memories don't have to hurt
Whenever you take them out to see and touch and feel.
Just loving, and keeping the person in that special safe place found in your heart,
Can free you of your load.
For even though Love can cause unbelievable sadness
It can also conquer the grief.
The love you give will come back to you,
And you can rest in the knowledge
That you have a friend across the miles
Who is also forever embraced in your heart.

floorspray

Awww... me poor lilly...

Awww... Well darlin, I wouldnt worry about it too much... just another 23 or 24 days and then we can be together for a short while... which sadly will end far too quickly... but Im all yours, Im not going anywhere, and I value you too much to jeopardize what we have, so yes you may be alone in body at times, but youll never be alone in spirit... Dont feel too bad... Time'll simply fly by over the next while, and then your life'll have an entirely different direction/spin. Just go with it, everythingll be alright, and Ill be right here for ya all the while.

:kiss: :hug:

Lilly~

Do your friends have instant messengers or anything? I think it's the next best thing when you can't be with your friends! As I mentioned to you earlier, my two best friends from home just got hooked up with AIM, and we just had the best chat ever! I was laughin' so hard I had tears in my eyes...most fun I've had in a long time! :lmao: We are going to chat again tomorrow night!

I :heart: my friends......they are the best! :cute:

as if i'm keeping a chain countdown or something

kaw, thanks for the suggestion twin! *makes cupcakes downstairs* *offers them to people who aren't here* :(

:heart: ya twineth

:wave: it's 23. 23 days. :heart:

Lily! :hug: I SO know how you feel. My first couple of months at college were miserable. I missed my best friend (who was a year younger than me so she was still in high school), I missed my family, and I even missed the boring hometown I had been so anxious to get away from. I felt like I had nothing in common with the people living on my floor. I'm not sure what turned things around, but I eventually met a couple of people I felt comfortable hanging out with and gradually began feeling a bit less homesick. By the time I was an upperclassman I had found all kinds of new interests like the English Club, editing the college literary magazine, etc., and I was meeting tons of different people everywhere I went. High school seemed like a distant memory. Instead of finding a ride home every weekend I could, I was on campus ALL the time, except for the holidays - and I couldn't have been happier.

I guess the moral of the story is hang in there and try joining some clubs and organizations on campus that seem interesting. Good luck! :hug:

ONe of interlands FINER threads....:up:

Foray...LOVELY poem...LOVELY i say...

Foxy....((((((((FOXY and LILLY)))))))))))) so good to see my good friend is such caring arms...;) Take care of her!!! Not that i doubt you sweet Canadian boys....:love: :heart:

And Lillly...thanks We miss you more than you know....Its sad really , i feel that just as we were all getiing real close everyone split up...:( :sad:

:wave: HURRY HOME, Shannon!!! WE :heart: YOU!!!!!!!!

Kaaawwwww Lilly :hug:

Being away from home for the first time is pretty tough. Just remember that probably a lot of people you are living with are in the same boat, they are prolley homesick too.

not to be cliche but "it's a moment this too shall pass"

I think once you get to know and be friends with the people around you, you'll feel less homesick.

College is a big adjustment....just give yourself time....

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Awww... Well darlin, I wouldnt worry about it too much... just another 23 or 24 days and then we can be together for a short while... which sadly will end far too quickly... but Im all yours, Im not going anywhere, and I value you too much to jeopardize what we have, so yes you may be alone in body at times, but youll never be alone in spirit... Dont feel too bad... Time'll simply fly by over the next while, and then your life'll have an entirely different direction/spin. Just go with it, everythingll be alright, and Ill be right here for ya all the while.

:kiss: :hug:

I'm sorry, but....awwwww.....!!!! :cute:

Lilly, I think you may have found the second best boy in the world. :) I'm so happy for both of you, and I'm sure those 23 days will go by quickly.

It's 60 days for me today. :heart:

I know what you mean, lilly. :hug: I actually enjoy solitude a lot, but I do feel the way you are from time to time for sure....sounds like you have some amazing people supporting you though, and it's clear they care a lot. :D Just remember, even if a friend is far away, you are no less important to them and they are no less there for you than if they lived closer...those ties go beyond distance. :hug: Hopefully that makes sense, my ability to be coherent is slipping... :huh:

foray said:
The burden of having a loved one far away is hard to bear.
Sometimes it's heavier on the heart to know that the memories are all you have
But soon, you find these memories don't have to hurt
Whenever you take them out to see and touch and feel.
Just loving, and keeping the person in that special safe place found in your heart,
Can free you of your load.
For even though Love can cause unbelievable sadness
It can also conquer the grief.
The love you give will come back to you,
And you can rest in the knowledge
That you have a friend across the miles
Who is also forever embraced in your heart.

floorspray

Beautiful. Thank you.

It still hurts. :sad:

but i don't get to give you hugs on the phone

zonelistener said:
I talk to you almost daily on the phone!:scratch:

:hug:

it was a good weekend...night...:scream: to family. but :D to seeing my dear friends again.

___
:eeklaugh: thanks for the scaring laughter jeff

:hug: to lilly.

i quite enjoyed being away from my parents house.
i quite liked my parents though.
i quite liked my town.
i quite liked my friends there.

i think i just enjoyed change. coming to university was my third major city in as 4 years. it feels weird having lived up here for so long now:)

Back
Top Bottom