I Met This Guy I Knew From Online And Got Into His Car (Translation - I'm An Idiot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's really scary. be careful BC!

and you should probably look into calling the police about this. cause i would hate to see him do what he did or intened to do to you to someone else or worse.

as soon as that guy laid a hand on you he was committing a crime.

I strongly suggest you file a police complaint. If he tried to do it to you it's not the first nor the last time he'll try it.

and for godsakes don't let ANYONE tell you "you brought it on yourself" or "what did you expect", that's crap of the first order.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am sorry you had a terrible experience and am glad you came out of this with him not forcing you to have sex. Stories like this make me very scared to meet people from the net. Thankfully with the exception of 1 person I have not met any freaks.

Last edited:
Diane L said:
Sicy has made a good point here. When my sister was going to meet a guy she'd been corresponding with on AOL, she agreed to meet him in Atlantic City. She also had two friends with her, including one with extremely good judgement on people. They drove down from Long Island, and he drove to AC from about 1-1/2 hours away in New Jersey. Even if my sis and the guy hadn't gotten along, she and her friends still would have had an enjoyable time in AC.
:yes: if you ever want to meet someone online in person, ask to bring someone with you. if they say no, then they could be a creep. especially if it's someone of the opposite sex, then they should understand you're doing it to be safe.

the only two people i met who i knew online were both guys; both agreed to let me bring my mom along. if they hadn't, i wouldn't have met them. and now i'm married to one of those guys! :D

so yeah, i'm glad you're okay bc. :hug:

Mr. BAW said:
I'm not certain if you want to make an issue over this or if you believe that its gonna go away, but the fact is that while you entered the car willingly to go back to your car is perfectly fine;

HOWEVER, as soon as he made the suggestive comments, laid his hand on you and then kept you in the vehicle against your will for whatever distance, you became Victim of Battery and False Imprisonment...I'm not sure what elements for Kidnapping would be applied (state to state) but the other two for certain...

I'm sure the statutes in your state would also cover issues of his intent to sexually batter you as well...

I think this is good advice. What he did to you was way, WAY beyond just being weird, and who knows what he's done/will do to other girls.

Anyway, I'm SO glad you're okay. :hug:

I think I'm along the same lines as mr BAW etc. Its all well and good you are ok and safe now, but what about what he did?
This is how girls get raped, assaulted and/or murdered.
We all know the dangers. I dont think meeting anyone online is ever safe. We dont ever really know someone until they've either proved it was a bad idea, or we are lucky and they turn out to be ordinary decent people. There are freaks everywhere. Its as dangerous as getting into a car with someone you meet at a bar, a football game or a 'friend of a friend's party' etc.
We unfortunately make the mistake of thinking we know someone. We dont, not even on here on this site. Knowing someone from their posts or some IM conversations is not getting to know someone. Its too risky.

I am so sorry this happened to you Kat, you are lucky to be safe now and unlucky he was one you cant trust. I hope you make a complaint to the police.

:hug:

First of all Kat, I'm SO glad you are okay and nothing more serious happened to you :hug:

Secondly, I really, really feel you should go to the police about this. I know its a hassle and you probably just want to block it from your mind but this is really serious. He committed more than one criminal act against you and you probably aren't the first or the last girl this will happen to.

Where I live in Orange County, a 15 year old girl met a 19 year old guy on-line and snuck away to meet him at mall just a few miles from my house. She got in his car and instead of going for food, he took her to a deserted parking structure and raped her for hours. He carved things into her skin and called her horrible names while he was raping her but she kept her cool and he eventually dropped her back at the mall.

The first thing she did was go back on-line under another screen name, pretended to be someone else and arranged a date with the guy who just raped her...she and her family then called the police and when he arrived for the phony date a few days later, the police found another rape kit (a knife, duct tape, etc) in the trunk of his car.

One sick pervert was taken off the street because this girl decided to do something.

:silent: ok, bonochick..for what's it worth(after kicking yourself every-which-way u can right now!)i have done stupid stuff like this, too!! all u can do is learn from it...and take the advice, don't ever,ever, ever ,ever..repeat this!! U deserve, time, respect and anything else you want from someone else! Strangers are just that...strange! And Thank God u r ok! whew! :hug:

If you click on the Search button at the bottom of one of her posts you can see shes still around. Just not in this thread.

Which is very good news :up:

Edited to add: I mean the bit about her still being around is very good news.

Mr. BAW said:
Where's BC...anyone heard from her? is she okay???

:|

I'm here. I've been thinking about this a lot, and I've decided not to go to the police, for several reasons:

1. This guy has not attempted to contact me since this happened, and going to the police would mean having to deal with him again.

2. He could twist this all around to make me look like I simply overreacted...and I fear I would be considered at fault since I was the one who chose to get in the car with him.

3. He could flat out accuse me of lying...and they could very well believe him. Maybe I've watched too many dramatic movies on Lifetime, but I had an incident at a college campus where somebody was leaving weird notes on my car. Eventually, the campus police started insinuating that I was the one leaving the notes, just to gain attention. I stopped reporting any notes I found because I didn't want to deal with people who didn't believe me. Thankfully, the notes eventually stopped.

I do not want to be perceived as an attention-seeker, and I do not want to deal with this guy anymore.

Thanks, Phil. :)

Okay...you guys won't believe this...

A guy my friend had been talking to online showed up unexpectedly in her town at 3 in the morning after an 8 hour drive. Called her up to get together...and she went!!! And got into his car!!!!!!!!! This was like 3 days after I told her this story! :rant: THANKFULLY, it ended up okay.

I hadn't heard from her the next day though, and I was in hysterics, driving around town crying, trying to find her. :mad: FINALLY got ahold of her.

Back
Top Bottom