I love fruit cake!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I:heart: the fruit cake my mother makes at Christmas time.
She insisted I bring a piece home...I was tempted to cut the dang thing in half and bring it home. I controlled myself and took about well...a quarter...no a third...I really wanted half:macdevil:

some fruits, when they are dried and placed in cakes:drool:heavenly

I had a delicious salad yesterday too, it had fruit in it...couscous, yellow and red capsicum, sultanas and mangoes and a spice I couldn't quite identify :drool:
I almost didn't eat too much, but then, I discovered mum's fruit cake...
fruit cake
good:up:

sometimes i have to be in the mood for it. other times i'll pick off the pecans and eat those only. its alright...dont have anything against it lol...

i :heart: fruit cake too!

my mom also makes the BEST fruit cake cookies! :drool:
but she didn't make any cookies this year since they came up to visit me instead of me going home to visit

not into it eh guys?
I can understand it, one of my sons doesn't like dried fruit, in anything. I myself love the stuff. I have some glace fruit to work with, as soon as anyone feels eating anything sweet again. I'm going to make a cathedral/stained glass cake....they are so pretty.
I made a variation for our Christmas Eve dinner. More a trifle, with canned fruit, which he does like, pineapple, peaches and passionfruit with sponge fingers and custard and whipped cream. They like that.

Fruit:drool:
In all it's forms:drool:

WATERMELON:D..it's summer fruit season here:drool::up:

bluephisto said:
And I don't care who knows it. I don't get why it gets such a bad rap! It's SOOOO gooood.

Send me all the fruitcake you guys don't want then, especially the rum-soaked sort. :)
This is the first time i've seen anyone admit to likeing fruitcake. As a kid I had and aunt that sent us a fruit cake every christmas. we always threw it away.One year for some reason we ended up playing soccer with it and my brother broke his baby toe kicking it. :laugh: We had a lot of fun explaining it to his dr. To this day my brother avoids being in the same room with a fruit cake.

Back
Top Bottom