I lost an old friend today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: I'm so sorry. Things like this are always so hard, no matter how well we think we can deal with things. I hope it gets better for you soon. :hug:

hey guys...

I went to the funeral today

I feel a lot better....

Made me rerealize why I want to be a dr...and how much I'm goign to change the world through teh course of my life.

By the time I'm flat on my back...trust me..this world is going to know who I am...and it's gonna say how I didn't just live life..I rocked it

The longer you live, the more funerals you attend and in greater frequency. I am sorry about your friend.

Life truly is fleeting. Keep living for your dreams.

Arun V said:
By the time I'm flat on my back...trust me..this world is going to know who I am...and it's gonna say how I didn't just live life..I rocked it

half rockstar...half hero :up:

i know you will...

i lost one of my friends in june 2001. :sad:

And he committed suicide . he was in different city.

he had mailed me 1 week before he did that. i knew he was in some problem but i never knew he would kill himself for that :sad:

how much i wish i turn back time and save him :sad:

that really changed me in a big big way - the way in which i see this world and life and society and people.

AcrobatMan

Last edited:
Sometimes life can be cruel to people for different reasons.

Let me just relay something that Ive been weighing through in therapy.

When I was 16 I had a 'friend', his name was Rob and he was a paraplegic. He was very angry back then. May have been the wrong decision to intigrate him with others not in his situation but that is water under the bridge now.

Anyhow, going through school, in fits of anger, he'd lash out. I would be one of the people who he would lash out at. He'd kick, thrown things, hit, scream and holler...at me..and Id take it..because I was his friend...

One day in gym...I was on the high bar...and he came from behind me and knocked me down about I dont know 5 feet...with a blow to the back.

I cried that day..and I decided that friend or no friend I dont have to accept that..so I told the guidance councellor..he got suspended for 3 days..

He never came back after that...on the 4th day no Rob..on the 5th day we found out he had taken the easy way out..ended his life...and it was because of me I suppose...

Guess what Im trying to say, is that day I lost a friend...and it makes you think of all the things that you will continue to see that they wont, and you wish that wherever they end up, that they find the peace and happiness that everyone deserves.

God bless
L

All I can say is that we can all relate your feelings. :(

I wish I could say something that would make it all better, but you and I both know that only time will heal your pain. ---Doesn't that suck? :)

It will get better, and when it does you'll be able to think fondly on your friend, and be able to laugh about all the fun you had. :)

Take it easy...Dan

Back
Top Bottom