I´ll write a song about

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
a friend of mine and I dont really know how to help her. Thats about all there is to confess, the stories are so bad you dont want to hear them. Thing is we have been friends for over 5 years, now I introduced her a friend of mine and he´s a social worker and really knows how to talk to people who have problems (much better than me) and well, now he told me stuff about her that´s just tough.

And I dont know how to help her. Ive seen her all nervous and everything, and people, when you actually know the person, its different from what you see in trainspotting. We were in the underground, and her knees were just shaking, hard. She could not control them, she had to get up to walk around. She was very nervous.

So you know where Im getting at.. she´s been on substitution therapy for 5 years and she started with 200 mg now she´s at 600 mg. Practically she uses substitution just like another drug. Dont ask me if its prescribed or if she´s at a doctor or if she gets the meds from the street. She also suffers from Hepatitis C. But you don´t notice it, she seems to have it under control. She´s fine as long as she has her meds.

She is tough, has been through all sorts of stuff, bad stuff, you understand.. it´s not a person who you can tell "stop with that" and anyway, it wouldn´t be of any use. I can´t tell her to get help because officially I don´t know of her problem, I just know there´s something (pills, drugs, dont ask me what else she throws), but not exactly what.

The only 2 things that give some stability (except of friends) are a) her dog who she loves like her own child b) her job. After all she has a proper job now.

So what can I do? Maybe just to be there, and if she ever wants to do turkey she can do it at my place. Be a friend. Try keep an eye on her.

And its touching me because she´s a cool quiet person with a great smile, you should see her, just 23, must´ve been on the needle with 16 when I didn´t know her yet.

Just needed to vent.. if you have any suggestions.. let me know. She´s not gonna die, seems to be tough enough to handle it, but.. I dont know, on the other hand she can just be irresponsible, risk things she´d better not risk.

Last edited:
there is only so much you can do

i hope your situation has some good fortune come it's way,whatever that may entail

thank you. :hug: í think i´ll just stay in touch and see if shes ok and when she´s not i´ll be there :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom