i like those hair metal bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
yeah yeah laugh all you want! i like all those hair metal bands that came out in the eighties. just to name a few:

Bon Jovi
Poison
Ratt
Def Leppard
Aerosmith
and alot more that i can't remember now. feel free to add to the list

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

Like, OMG! I like some of them too,like totally!!!!
eek.gif

Def Leopard, Poison...The Scorpions(they were a hair band, right?) Uhm, i cant think of the others right now, der!
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 03-29-2002).]

Me too! Def Leppard was my second favorite band in the 80's! They weren't really a 'hair' band, but they got categorized that later. I also loved Warrant, Tesla, Cinderella, Great White, Whitesnake, White Lion, Europe, Slaughter, Trixter and Stryper. Poison and Bon Jovi of course too, and Ratt! I think hair bands had good music and they were HOT!!!!! I LOVE to see long haired guys in TIGHT clothes, throw me in the cold shower! It makes me sick to see how they are made fun of today, especially since the CRAP out there now is MUCH worse, like the tuneless shit of Limp Bizkit type cookie cutter bands. Also the guys are SO ugly, no hair, saggy pants, multiple face piercings, eeeewwww. Hair metal actually had a TUNE and it was fun to listen to! I can't wait until the crap bands of today go out so they will be made fun of like they deserve, I only fear what may replace them! HAIR METAL ROCKS!!!!

I love Aerosmith too, but they are not hair metal. They are timeless rock gods and classics with a career now spanning four decades- 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s. They rule, they are the greatest American rock band ever!

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-08-2002).]

*sighs
i miss those days...

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Hey, generation gap this
mad.gif
Im 17 and I love def leppard lol... that or i have no taste... meh!

You do have good taste AND you like U2!! Quality knows no age limit. You rock.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Hair metal actually had a TUNE and it was fun to listen to!

I think that's the key. I only like some songs by some hair bands, but I would definitely rather listen to them than the boring depressing 90's generic stuff.

But I find the hair metal look a little icky, at least in its extreme forms
biggrin.gif
Led Zeppelin, now, who those bands are descended from in some ways...THEY were HOT!

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Back
Top Bottom