I like Mandy Moore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue_Angel

Acrobat
I really respect her because she started out as this cutesy little pop-star who benefited off of her totally gorgeous looks but she is really growing up and maturing as an artist. She's got really good music taste and she has distanced herself from her initial album and image. Plus she seems really mature for her age (a lot more than I am!) and she seems like a really sweet person. Im still not crazy about her music, but I do respect her!

yeah out of all those poppy girls, shes the one i like the most.
she looks better with brown hair too lol

yeah she does! i wonder if thats her natural color or at least close to it.
she came in with that hold blonde craze thing, Im so glad she dropped it

There are no words that can describe my love for Mandy Moore.

Back when I was working for the record company, on Friday afternoons they filmed a weekly show called House of Hits, and if we had an artist on the show a few of us would always go to the studio and watch the taping, kind of get an email list going to sort out cars etc. Anyway, normally only 5 or 6 would go, it's really boring, but one time we had the Doves over and about 40 people were on the list. All male. The other guest on the show that week was of course Mandy Moore. And I of course went. She must be close to 6ft tall, and she is way way way more stunning in the flesh. If only she had seen me in the crowd, Im sure we'd be together today.

And I agree, she's making all the right career moves. She'll outlast all the other teeny girls singers. Christina will be in rehab, Britney in Playboy, Mandy will still be legit.

i thought you were gonna say you met her and she's a really wonderful person, Tyler :D

btw howd you get that job? Id love to do something like that

He will never share his secrets.
He is the mysteryman of interland, that tyler durden..

man, I've never heard any of her music, but she's fucking hot, I got that music magazine this month with her on the cover, that new short hair and brunette coloring makes her look a zillion times better than she looked before, indeed I would take her over Spears any day

her music's still pop i guess but it has a lot of other influences in it now, kinda Middle-Eastern sounding I think (though I know nothing of Middle Eastern music so dont hold me to that!). it's different enough that she cant hit the pop charts really anymore with most of it.

yes, she is VERY pretty

Blue_Angel said:

btw howd you get that job? Id love to do something like that

In a nutshell, studied marketing, got a job at ARIA, which is the Australian music industry association, in the US its called the RIAA, same thing, met lots of industry people, Marketing Assistant job came up at one of the majors, gave good head, got the job.

However, I wouldn't recommend chasing a music industry job at the moment if you want stability. The 5 majors (Sony, Universal, BMG, Warner, EMI/Capitol/Virgin) are all downplaying how serious the problems are at the moment in the industry (sales way down), but they are all f :censored: ed and are shedding staff at an unbelievable rate. My company axed me and 9 others on one day, since then about 30 others. Thats from 140 staff. Another example, earlier this year I was final 3 for a job at Universal Music (would've been handy round here) which was a job created from 3 positions being merged into 1. Didn't get it, but that was ok, because the job lasted 4 months, then that person was retrenched, job no longer exists. Its the same in the US as well.

But then you're younger and I think that by the time you go through university and everything they may have settled. Get their answer to Napster/Morpheus/Kazaa (and they will). Id kill to get back into the industry, it's so much fun, but Ive pretty much accepted that I'll have to sit it out for a few years, wait for the dust to settle.

Mandy Moore also replies to messages on the message board at mandymoore.com. Don't see Bono doin' that. I truly love her.

I'll "confess" re: Mandy Moore.

My wife and I rented A WALK TO REMEMBER the other night because a friend of ours has a role in it and we wanted to see him. Needless to say, it was a decent movie, and Moore played her part very well. I said to my wife, "Britney Spears wouldn't play a role like THIS" which is probably true.

I am not familiar with Moore's music, but it seems she is quite talented in music and acting.

~U2Alabama

well my degree isnt exactly in that direction..... :D

I've always thought that kind of job would be the most interesting thing to do, be surrounded by something you love the whole time and constantly meeting new people. is the market for music bad because of people being able to d/l so much music or is it just bad in general? I have this thing where I say that one day when I am rich (haha) I will buy all of the cds i have burned, just because I feel guilty downloading and not paying the artists for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom