I Like Having Guys Do Things For Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
As a lot of you know, I'm a student worker on campus at the college I go to (well...for a few more weeks, anyway!). I work as a computer technician, and our department mainly has guys in it...there are just a few other girls, and I'm the only female student worker. I used to get annoyed as hell whenever a guy would ask, "Do you want me to carry that?" or something of that nature if I was totin' a monitor or whatever somewhere. I was walkin' down the hall once with a male technician, and I was carrying a monitor. He was like, "Everybody is staring at me and thinking I'm an ass for making you carry that...give it to me!" and he ripped it out of my hands. It used to make me annoyed...but...lately...I've been findin' that I enjoy it. I like it when I pick up a big printer, and three guys drop what they are doing to run over and ask me if I need help. I decline...but sometimes they just take it from my hands. However, it no longer annoys me. In fact...I must confess...I kinda enjoy it now! Don't get me wrong...I'll still carry my own stuff...but, if a guy offers now, I'm more inclined to just say, "Sure" or at least let him help me. It kinda makes me feel more "girly" and feminine...whereas I think people often see me as a little rough around the edges. It's also cute too because the guys always seem so proud and strong after carryin' somethin' for me. *lol* :D I've been thinkin' that it's kinda nice to be the ole damsel in distress sometimes. I've proved my strength to them in the past in various ways...so...why not enjoy a little help?

Any other girls feel that way? Or am I gonna got my ass whooped?? I know some gals think that it's just horrible to feel that way because girls should never let guys do things for them because some see it as admitting our gender is weak or something. :uhoh: :wave:

It's definitely cute.

After I arrived in Nashville last fall, I was lugging my suitcase down a flight of stairs at the airport when a nice looking older man (damn, coulda been my sugar daddy! ;) )offered to carry it down the rest of the way for me. Usually I'm very independent, but how could I resist? :cute: :laugh:

A lot of the time, though, I'll be stubborn and want to do it for myself. :wink:

Almost Forgot About This!

I had to buy a ginormous bag of dog food, a big bag of cat food, and some stuff for my hamster at Petsmart today, and when I got out of my car, a guy who was walkin' by stopped and loaded up my trunk for me. :cute: :wave:

People are so nice sometimes.

yes, as much as i love doing my own thing, i love when a man is a gentleman. i have no problem with men offering to carry my luggage when i am traveling, when they offer up their seat for me, when the hold a door open for me when i am walking into a store, and best yet one who holds the door open for you and puts his arm around your waist while he walks behind you. *swoon* of course i will only allow this from a guy who knows me. if a stranger did that, i would sock him. lol

a gentleman will always win in my book. :yes:

and a few weeks ago when all hell was breaking loose with my family a kind man in line at subway bought my lunch for me. he just walked up and paid for my meal because i was $2.00 short. he was on his cell phone and gave the clerk $10.00 and said i am paying for hers. i didnt know what to do other than to smile, say thanks and give him the rest of my cash. he smiled and mouthed "you are welcome" strangers can be nice.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love it when guys are gentlemanly. Some women think it's insulting when men hold open doors for them and do the whole ladies first bit, but I think it's flattering. As long as the guys don't think I'm incapable of fending for myself, it's fine! :)

I think as long as guys KNOW that I am capable of a0 carrying heavy loads, b) alking through a door, etc etc etc...it's alright. I mean, if they're doing ot because they think I'm weak and helpless, that's really a different thing. I have no objections to them helping me out of the kindess of their own hearts.

My ex-boyfriend last year always used to carry my suitcase down the five flights of stairs for me when I went home on weekends. I never objected. Quite frankly, that stupid thing was h-e-a-v-y, and he was a big guy who had no problems carrying it....why would I object?

Nothing like some good ol'fashioned chivalry.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

After I arrived in Nashville last fall, I was lugging my suitcase down a flight of stairs at the airport when a nice looking older man (damn, coulda been my sugar daddy! ;) )offered to carry it down the rest of the way for me. Usually I'm very independent, but how could I resist?

nah,you don't want a sugar daddy, they can be bad news. ;) lol i met this guy in dublin this past spring and he was oh about 40ish and he lives in Vermont. he was staying at the clarence at the same time i was. when we were all in the study drinking, he would sit with my friend and i and buy us whatever we wanted and would not leave me alone. he wanted me to visit him in Vermont , go skiing and stay at his home :ohmy: lol i thought he was kidding. well he would not stop calling me when i got back home. i finally returned his call one day and i got his voicemail. it was the residence for him and his wife! i about died when i heard that message and was tempted to leave a rude message, but i didn't. now, that was not a gentleman just a rotten man with a terrible toupee who cheats on his wife! :mad: :no: :der: :lol:

at work girls do things for me
not because they like it or because I like it
but because they'll get fired otherwise

the end

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

nah,you don't want a sugar daddy, they can be bad news. ;) lol i met this guy in dublin this past spring and he was oh about 40ish and he lives in Vermont. he was staying at the clarence at the same time i was. when we were all in the study drinking, he would sit with my friend and i and buy us whatever we wanted and would not leave me alone. he wanted me to visit him in Vermont , go skiing and stay at his home :ohmy: lol i thought he was kidding. well he would not stop calling me when i got back home. i finally returned his call one day and i got his voicemail. it was the residence for him and his wife! i about died when i heard that message and was tempted to leave a rude message, but i didn't. now, that was not a gentleman just a rotten man with a terrible toupee who cheats on his wife! :mad: :no: :der: :lol:

Oh my....ok, maybe sugar daddys aren't all they're cracked up to be then! LOL

Salami, you never cease to amaze me. :tongue: :laugh:

Hey, if some guy wants to give me a hand (in a respectful way) I'm all for it. They wouldn't offer if they didn't want to help you, right?

Najeena

*scene at work yesterday*

Matt: We have to get that projector and laptop out of the conference room and lock it up.

*go to conference room*

BC: *picks up laptop*

Matt: *grabs it from me* I've got it...you can unplug stuff.

BC: *unplugs stuff*

*we both begin wrapping cords*

Matt: *grabs my cords* I got it.

BC: *stands there*

Matt: *grabs laptop*

BC: *goes to grab projector*

Matt: No, I've got it! *grabs projector also*

BC: Okay........

Matt: *holds door for me*

:laugh: He's such a sweetie!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
lol all i got at work yesterday was a friendly flirt by a colleague of mine about having a candle light dinner in his office with a violinist. hahaha. the guys in my office are all gentlemen. they have to be they are out numbered. :mac:

Too bad where I'll be working the women will outnumber the men! :mad: :laugh:

(At least on my floor, lol)

BonoChick
When I first red this thread title..I thought it said-
"I like having guys DO THINGS TO me"..:angry:

and I had no comment:angry:

Anyway Merry Christmas:angry:

thank u-

Diamond

:mad:

Last edited:
Bonochick....Just wait.... you will be waited on hand and foot and treated like a queen when i am with you:):drool: :sexywink: >:D<

Last edited:
drgnwolf1969 said:
Bonochick....Just wait.... you will be waited on hand and foot and treated like a queen when i am with you:):drool: :sexywink: >:D<

I miss you, sweetie. :hug: :sad:

It's been too damn long since we've been together... :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom