I Killed Today........x4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
I was driving on the expressway today and a flock of birds(smaller ones, like sparrows) Flew in front of me. I really didnt slow down not that there was much time to because they always get out of the way its just a given. So the leader of the flock must have been asleep at the switch cause they didnt clear in time and i had four of them bounce off my hood and windshield.

I felt bad even tough i giglled at the sound at first, it was kinda like a strike in bowling. I felt bad cause I didnt know if they died right away I didnt want them to suffer or anything if there was no traffic behind me I would have gone back to make sure they were done. I felt bad the whole day.

I instantly thought of the episode of seinfeld where this happened to george and the piegeons wouldnt move for him. WE HAD AN AGREEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Some parts of your post give the impression that you are unsure whether to be proud of it or to be ashamed.

"i giglled at the sound at first, it was kinda like a strike in bowling"
"thought of the episode of seinfeld"

Not funny.

I killed a bird once, it was a robin, it actually got stuck to the front of my car which was pretty gross! I felt really bad but its was kind of funny, I kept doing this kind of nervous laugh because I felt awful and it was so gross, having to pick this dead robin off the front of my car with two sticks!

:tsk:

TheBrush said:
I instantly thought of the episode of seinfeld where this happened to george and the piegeons wouldnt move for him. WE HAD AN AGREEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the first thing I thought of! :lmao:

I would have felt really bad if it had happened to me though. :( The only bird I've ever hit is a turkey, and it's not like he could have flown away. :slant:

yea , thanks for the judgement guys, you were not there. I felt terrible and still do. I didnt laugh my ass of or anything. It was a gigle of disbelief. I mean because they always get out of the way, I mean just barely but always. I thought about it for a few hours afterword. Trust me I felt awful.

Hey HipHop, if you had ever seen the episode you would know why i laughed cause when it happened it immediately popped into my head. Also I fucking hit four birds. I was attacked. You ever seen "the birds". I dont find killing four birds humorous. I find the number funny. Because now im classified as a mass murderer.

Angel, Again nice reply, you were not there and I said I felt bad for it and I still do. I would never hurt anything living thing intentionally. I said I would have stopped if there were not cars up my ass behind me to make sure they were dead. I meant that I didnt want them to suffer. So some of you guys cannot read worth a shit and pick out what you want.

{paintedroses} , yea that is pretty rough. But yea there was no blodd or anything on my car, which is all the more reason I thought about it afterward. I didnt know if they were dead. I kept thinking what if one of thems laying on the side of the road with a broken wing(family can only sit there and watch) as something comes along and eats it. It made my work day very, very hard. (I'm not trying to imply I'm the victim). I just felt bad.

Sorry again If I wasnt clear in my post but I meant the humorous part was the fact that it was half a flock I took out.

That's how life goes. The birds should not have been there in the first place, an expressway?

Yeah, I know birds were there first, animal rights, but.... you can have all the animal rights in the world, it's still the laws of nature. If you get in the way of an automobile, you're not going to fair to well. DOesn't matter if your human or bug or bird.

It's an unfortunate loss of life, but, it's not the cars fault, nor your fault, I wouldn't say.

ANd freak things happen in life anyways. Maybe something scarred the birds? I really don't know. Say a prayer for the birds, it you like. But you should really be thankful that nothing else happened to you. You didn't get into an accident because of this, right?

So you are fortunate.
But don't loose sleep about this.....

For Honor said:
That's how life goes. The birds should not have been there in the first place, an expressway?

Yeah, I know birds were there first, animal rights, but.... you can have all the animal rights in the world, it's still the laws of nature. If you get in the way of an automobile, you're not going to fair to well. DOesn't matter if your human or bug or bird.

It's an unfortunate loss of life, but, it's not the cars fault, nor your fault, I wouldn't say.

ANd freak things happen in life anyways. Maybe something scarred the birds? I really don't know. Say a prayer for the birds, it you like. But you should really be thankful that nothing else happened to you. You didn't get into an accident because of this, right?

So you are fortunate.
But don't loose sleep about this.....

Actually I thought of that. I mean the expressway was pretty congested. And I didnt jerk the wheel at all. There was a car on my left and behind me there was a lot.

I guess thats a positive way to look at it....I'm not hurt when I could have been.

That sucks Brush. I hit a bird once too and I couldn't get it off my mind. I'm an animal lover.

You really could have been in an accident. It's lucky that you didn't panic and swerve into another car.

I'm glad you're alright :hug:

:sad: my score in 16 years of driving, 1 duck and 1 sparrow and i still feel not happy about it.

TheBrush said:

Actually I thought of that. I mean the expressway was pretty congested. And I didnt jerk the wheel at all. There was a car on my left and behind me there was a lot.

I guess thats a positive way to look at it....I'm not hurt when I could have been.

I didn't really state any opinions, I don't think. Not really. I don't believe it was positive or negative, what I said. But I guess on the emote-O-meter.... it would be a "positive" way to look at it.

.................Sometimes I think people just need to look at the facts, as best as possible.

Regardless, the moment is over now.

*crude comment *
avert your eyes if you are "sensative"

you've been warned

so let's go enjoy a nice, chicken dinner. Or duck, but I don't like like duck so much.

I've never hit anything driving (heck, I stopped for a frog once), but I have "hit" a squirrel on my bike. He just came out of nowhere and all the sudden there was this pop and a cloud of hair. He looked dead, but I went to check and he got up and walked away. :shrug:

Don't get me wrong, folks. I like animals, and people, too.

Well, most people :wink:

But I just try to be realistic about things
Though, I am a dreamer, too........................

Let me see my score in 20 years driving...

1 owl (flew into my jeep once)

6 /perhaps 8- Pidgeons (wouldn´t move during rush hour traffic in New York City and I ran them over with my Pontiac Fiero sports car)

1 snake (was crossing the street when I ran it over with my Ford Rally-sportscar in Portugal)

more than 20 rats/mice (they usually cross the highway at night when they see headlights)

LOTS of insects (the usual bugs on the windshield)

1 bra (some crazy girls in a bus threw a wonder-bra at my windshield !)

1 bag of garbage (someone threw a bag of garbage in the middle of the race way course)

Driving is just SO SILLY!
Humans should just take public transportation vehicles.

Now I am quite fond of going to work on by mountain bike almost everyday... just to enjoy the scenery better. At least I haven´t runned over anything lately :eyebrow: and the wether here is great :up:

:sad:

this thread reminds me of a time when a couple friends and I were on our way to basketball practice and one of their moms were driving. and this group of chicks and family popped outta nowhere and we swerved in the car (a lincoln continental).

and we ended up hitting a chick and it was halfway smushed but still alive :sad: :sad: and we almost caused an accident cause my friends mom is an animal lover. then this car was WAY over the speed limit and killed the chick and a couple others. :sad:

to this day, when I think about it, I get so sad. :sad:

youtooellen said:
:sad:

this thread reminds me of a time when a couple friends and I were on our way to basketball practice and one of their moms were driving. and this group of chicks and family popped outta nowhere and we swerved in the car (a lincoln continental).

and we ended up hitting a chick and it was halfway smushed but still alive :sad: :sad: and we almost caused an accident cause my friends mom is an animal lover. then this car was WAY over the speed limit and killed the chick and a couple others. :sad:

to this day, when I think about it, I get so sad. :sad:

Um, am I the only one who thought she was talking about a girl when she said a chick and a bunch of girls when she said "group of chicks"? :yikes:

Last edited:
No offense, but if people are upset about this thread, I'd really like to know how they feel about hunting...or maybe not...:reject:

One time my friends and I stopped for a raccoon in the middle of town. Upon closer look through the open window, we noticed the friggin thing had no back right leg. Just a bone. It hobbled away but never out of my mind. :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I've never hit anything driving (heck, I stopped for a frog once), but I have "hit" a squirrel on my bike. He just came out of nowhere and all the sudden there was this pop and a cloud of hair. He looked dead, but I went to check and he got up and walked away. :shrug:

i hit a squirrell on my bike once, too. it was fucking scary! the squirrel was fine, but i ended up in a ditch on the side of the road.

Hunting, as long as it's done with respect, and not an overdoes, or taking unneccesarily, is okay.

It's a natural thing.

I personally don't enjoy it, because I think it's kind of unfair, especially with guns these days. But do I have a problem with hunting? NOt generally speaking, no.

To me, I see that question as - what do you think about killing animals?

for the sake of food? No problem at all
for the sake of pleasure? I don't like that at all

Taking joy in the killing of others is not something I would ever stand behind.

".....victory should be observed like a funeral"

For Honor said:
Hunting, as long as it's done with respect, and not an overdoes, or taking unneccesarily, is okay.

It's a natural thing.

I personally don't enjoy it, because I think it's kind of unfair, especially with guns these days. But do I have a problem with hunting? NOt generally speaking, no.

To me, I see that question as - what do you think about killing animals?

for the sake of food? No problem at all
for the sake of pleasure? I don't like that at all

Taking joy in the killing of others is not something I would ever stand behind.

".....victory should be observed like a funeral"

I concure

This is hardly worth arguing but here goes. I live up here in Michigan and Bow season just started for deer hunting. I can honestly tell you of probably 4-5 people who went hunting this past weekend.

The thing is, none of them hunted for food. I mean they do let the littler ones go, and yes if they do get a larger deer, they keep it and make venicen steaks or whatever. But do they need to? No. They could easily buy steaks from the local food mart. So really, their hunting was for recreation. I can back this up also with this. A man called another man today right in front of me just to simply tell stories of a hunting trip this past weekend. Is this wrong? Are these people heartless? I don't think so. Is chaining up a dog and leaving it for weeks to starve? Yes.

But then again, I've never gone hunting. I used to fish as a kid and felt bad one night after catching a beautiful rainbow trout b/c we were going to eat it. But I still like to fish today.

i ran over a pigeon once. it just walked right in front of my car and i didnt have time to slow down or stop, and im thinking ok maybe it will duck but when i looked back it was a huge smashed mess. to this day i hate pigeons.

I have killed two birds while I was driving. The first one was while I was driving about 80 mph down the interstate when I was hit by a bird flying over my lane. :| I did not realize I killed it until I stopped and saw the wing on my antenna. :|

The second one was while I was driving to the grocery store. There were two birds fighting and one of the birds pushed the other bird into the path of my car. I felt like hell after I hit it. I looked back and saw the mean bird hovering over the dead bird. :huh:

tweet tweet murderer.. i swear the squirrels are playing jackass in my area. they just stand in the middle of the road. little sods

mucho traffico said:
tweet tweet murderer.. i swear the squirrels are playing jackass in my area. they just stand in the middle of the road. little sods

get it right.......MASS murderer.

God will judge your entire life based on this one incident. Prepare for life in hell my friend. you are an evil, evil filthy, vile human being. If i ever see you on the street ill be sure to run you down and then giggle at you

just kidding...thats pretty fuckin hysterical. HUMANS RULE! DOWN WITH BIRDS!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom