I Killed A Cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I was driving home late after class last night, and a cat ran out in front of my car. I was going 50 miles an hour, and I tried to swerve, but it was too late...I hit him.
frown.gif

I turned around and went back, hoping I wouldn't find anything there...that I had just "tapped" the cat or something, but no such luck. The cat was dead on the side of the road. I checked to see if maybe he was still alive, but it looked like his neck had been broken. He had no collar, no tags...so I just had to leave him there.
frown.gif

I am a total cat lover with 4 cats myself...needless to say, I was horribly upset. If I would have hit a rabbit or a squirrel, I would have felt sad too, but it wouldn't have been as bad because those are wild animals. I probably killed somebody's pet.

If any of you are "cat-haters", please do not post smart ass replies, okay? I really don't want to hear them.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
That's too bad Bonochick but there wasn't anything you could have done.

I know, but I still feel really bad.

I took that road to class today, and the kitty was still there on the side of the road. I hope the family finds him and will bury him.
frown.gif

About a week ago, I thought that one of my cats had gotten out of the house. I went all over the neighborhood to look for her. I would have died if I would have found her dead on the road.
frown.gif
Turns out she had just found an extremly good hiding spot in the house though...little devil...*sigh*

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Blarg why did I open this thread.

frown.gif
I figured you would be sad too if you saw this...I know what a cat lover you are too!

It was a beautiful cat too...a calico...it definitely looked like somebody's pet...well groomed and everything.
frown.gif

I feel even worse now...bah...
frown.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

I?m soooo sorry to hear about this, Bonochick! I love cats and I had one, too, and it was the saddest day in my life when he died. It was a black & white cat, looked almost like a dalmatien.

I hope there are no little kids waiting for the cat to come home
frown.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

OMG...
frown.gif

Its no secret what a huge animal lover i am! I have seen 3 dogs dead in the streets over the past month. One belonged to my friend and i saw him when he was still alive, in shock, lying in the street. The fucking bastard never even stopped.
mad.gif

The weird thing about that is that i have never seen a dog killed around here. I've only sen it in the rural areas, where my doberman puppy was killed by a car when i was little. I dont know what the hell is going on. Sigh.
The people most at fault here are the ones who let their cat roam...Its just too dangerous. i have had several cats killed by cars due to the fact that our landlord(my grandmother) wouldnt allow our pets inside.
frown.gif

I guess the only thing to do to prevent it from happening again would be to try to drive slower. My mom has never hit an animal, but thats mainly because she drives slower than the average jogger runs,lol!
I wonder about these things they have for cars, that emit some sort of high frequency sound that supposedly warns animals that a car is coming and makes them get out of the way. I've heard though, that it doesnt really work. If it did, i would make it mandatory for ALL cars on the road today.
Also, be careful swerving like that, ive heard of people getting seriously hurt because they swerved to avoid hitting somebody,lost control,etc.
Anyway, just remember, Bonochick, that all cats go to heaven! She's ok now.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 11-06-2001).]

I'm so sorry Bonochick. The same thing happened to me once on a two lane highway: 50 mph, traffic coming the other way and a 6 ft. deep ditch on the other side. Huge white kitty just sitting there in the middle of the road. I would have died had I tried to miss her. There was nothing you could have done. Feel better, sweetie.

Bonochick,

My aunt once hit a deer. She was on the highway and the car in front of her swerved to avoid it...it was too late for her to swerve and she ended up hitting it instead. The door deer (dear?) died.
My aunt was so upset she had to pull over and call someone to drive her home...

Accidents happen. Maybe the kitty is better off. Feel better soon.

Bonochick I feel very sad for you. Its such an awful thing, and at least you know there's nothing you could do to stop it. If you were going slower it may have stayed alive long enough to feel pain. At least it was mercifully quick.

Im a cat person too, so I know how you feel.

Back
Top Bottom