I just took a slice off the end of my finger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bammo2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!
So I'm at work (I'm a marketing assistant) and it's the start of the new season, so we're printing out and sending out a load of point of sale posters and showcards to send out to stores.

I'm downstairs cutting posters out with a craft knife, using a metal ruler. And my finger slips off the ruler and into the path of the knife. :yikes: I'm left looking at a small sliver of my finger lying on the poster and then OMG the blood!!! It literally poured out of the end of my finger for an hour - the first aider wanted me to go to hospital. Luckily it stopped bleeding after about an hour, so I've just got a plaster on it now and I'm typing this with one hand

:| :| :|

Work wasn't fun anyway, but now it's even worse. My finger is mis-shapen and it HURTS.

Bah.

:ohmy: That's shocking!

:hug:
One time I saw a mans finger fall off and roll across our living room floor :yuck:

Go to the Worker's Comp doctor you employer has. You'll want to file a claim just in case it gets worse. Not filing a claim can mean you may end up waiving your rights if it does get worse.

Seriously. Do this. Cover yourself just in case.

Go to the doctor.

If it hasn't stopped bleeding by now you probably need stitches.
You may also need a tetanus shot.
Make sure you file an injury report at work.
If this injury were to prevent you from doing something like, typing, you might find yourself with limited employment opportunities.

Motherly lecture is over now.

You know where you have to go.

bammo, seriously, go to a doctor. with a cut like that, it's easy for it to get infected or worse. trust me, your employer has some plans set out for on-the-job injuries. you'll have either one doctor or a list of doctors to choose from to go to.

doctors aren't for sissies, you're just putting yourself at greater risk for more serious injuries by not going to the doctor.

yeah what everyone else said, go to the doctor.

:hug: hope your finger feels better soon.

I've read about people getting staph infections after having a paper cut! :eek: Please at least report it to your work place, so it will be on file incase you do end up having to see a doctor.

Back
Top Bottom