I just spent the evening...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
...dumpster diving!

My roomies and I went to campus because all the people who live there get kicked out today. First, we brought two loads of our shit and trashed it courtesy of their dumpsters, as discretely as possible (except for all the clanging and banging when this nasty iron light fixture I've been trying to get rid of for two years hit the bottom). Then we went back to the apartments with my duffle bags. Since I work there, I have card access to all buildings and res halls. We raided the supply closets and laundry rooms and scored a roll of 50 gal trash bags, about 50 rolls of TP, SOS pads, some floor cleaning solution, a huge philodendron, and flower pots. Actually, I'd call it "shopping" rather than dumpster diving. I hope the dwellers of Phi Chi are OK with one roll of TP left!! We did check the dumpsters, but there were no good couches left. My real confession: I took two t-shirts out of a bin of clothes going to a charity :reject: "You know you're in college when...."

Oh yeah, and I'M DONE WITH COLLEGE FOREVER EVER EVER!!!!!

Posting it feels like it's more official. :D

:rockon: I used to love raiding the dumpsters after each college semester. :lol: I'd always find some really nice lamps & other good stuff that people just didn't feel like packing & taking home.

Nice!

we've never raided dumpsters (great idea though) but we were so bold to ask people as they were moving out if they were willing to sell a particular item we wanted - most of the time they just gave it to us :yes:

I found a bookshelf and a really nice glass-top coffee table when I was still at Florida State. It's embarrassing to see how many perfectly good things people are too lazy to donate somewhere. Our finals week ends tomorrow, so maybe I'll go take a drive on campus tomorrow afternoon :shifty:

Congrats on being done! College is great, but I remember how much in the last few months I was ready to get on with my life.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

It's embarrassing to see how many perfectly good things people are too lazy to donate somewhere. Our finals week ends tomorrow, so maybe I'll go take a drive on campus tomorrow afternoon :shifty:

Yeah, my little bro - he doesn't go to college but he comes to my college for dumpster diving - during move-in weekend found several packs of unopened white t-shirts! :lol:

thcheering.gif

Hooray for You! Congrats!!!

Back
Top Bottom