I just don't care anymore.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
None of my senior friends do either. We have little to no motivation to work anymore. Most of us are in a college now. No one studies, does homework, pays attention, etc. We're a bunch of lazy zombies. I've reached my goal of the last 12+ years to get into a good college, now there's nothing left to work for! :shrug: I got it bad. Really bad. Senioritis. :sigh:

High school is mainly a meaningless waste of time anyway, once you take away the important socialization you are exposed to on a daily basis.

Hope you're not expecting college to provide endless thrills of discovery either, 'cause if you do you're in for a rude shock.

U2democrat said:
All I know is that it will be infinitely better than high school.

Don't be so sure.

My first semester at university was often like high school...hell, even middle school at times. :scream: I ended up transfering to a community college.

There was one time I was giving a speech in one of my classes, and there were two guys in the class heckling me...and the professor was just laughing along with them. I ended up crying in front of the entire class. It was humiliating.

That's horrible!!!!!! Middle school indeed. :madspit: Last year I gave a speech on why John Kerry should be president (this was when Dean had all the momentum too....) and my teacher was heckling me 'cause she's a right wing republican but i kept my composure and put her in her place. Afterword she gave me the best compliment ever: "Laura...you're such a politician." Made me proud :D

University is great to teach you how to think critically. And you get to meet new people, the bigger the school the more people you will meet from different walks of life. All of that is great.

But there is a lot of bureaucracy, there is a lot of stress and eventually your time starts ticking and you've got to start making real choices about life. In high school, you have the luxury of not doing so.

Oh, definitely. You're gonna enjoy a lot of it - you strike me as quite an old soul (and no, that's not a bad thing).

I did my undergrad in the #1 ranked school in the country. Nice piece of paper you get at the end, but God when I think back to some of those insufferable kids in my classes I want to puke.

Heh, my school got around Senioritis w/ finals. You had to match or do better than your GPA/grades in each class to get out of finals, w/ a B+ minimum. Silly me worked hard in HS and made all As so I had to match these in order to not take exams my last semester. I did it though and I'm pretty sure it was worth it!

Last edited:
Yeah we have to maintain a B average to get exempt from finals. I think I can get by with that. I have As and Bs in all my classes except one but i'll actually work in that one to bring it up. Otherwise....:shrug:

In our high school, you could not be exempt from finals in your senior year, because they felt they were doing you a disservice going into college.

I have college senioritis....I can't stop ditching class this final semester. I'm sick of school and even sicker of driving to it on the damn 405 while it rains (Cali people will know what I mean).

:shrug:

I'm just scared that university will require more than I have to offer...

I may get great marks in high school, but I hope it's not a completely different level of 'reality' in university; one that I won't be able to keep up with.

Bonochick said:
There was one time I was giving a speech in one of my classes, and there were two guys in the class heckling me...and the professor was just laughing along with them. I ended up crying in front of the entire class. It was humiliating.

Wow that's awful. I would have clocked them. Jerks! :hug: to you Bonochick.

Needle_Chill said:

I may get great marks in high school, but I hope it's not a completely different level of 'reality' in university; one that I won't be able to keep up with.

Be prepared for insane amounts of homework, tests and quizzes. Woohoo!:huh:

Needle_Chill said:

Depends which school you're going to.

I'm in the middle....... I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I can always get better.

I just don't feel like anything makes much of a difference right now, except for a few classes that have a real impact on what I think is important in life.

But I guess I should be more complete in my mastery of high school. If I focus on finding out and dealing with only the things that matter a lot in life, then I loose sight of the little things, the little good and the little bad things, too.

I'm not there yet, but I think I'm heading in the right direction.

I think you just have to keep questioning your character, and who you are

I enjoyed university, but didn't make the most of it.

Do as much as you can - work and play hard - get out there and enjoy yourselves!

Back
Top Bottom