i just cant do it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i see that this new premium thing starts december 1.
im not making any comments about other people who are choosing to sign up. i think thats great.
but for me, i just cant justify paying money for an internet site with my situation in life.
my mother would kill me.
i understand the problems interference is having, i think its lovely that many of you are willing to help out but i just can not justify it, no matter how little it is. im sorry.
guess this means ive only got a few more weeks here. i think? im not sure. i never have the mindpower late at night to read all that confusing stuff.

i dont want anyone sponsoring me either because thats not right for me.

the end of dol for me? :(

blah im rambling and not sure why im posting this..

hey does that means, if i don't pay until dec 1 , i can't post or see the forum ?? i don't think interference will live through that :| :|

i wish there could be some special rule where loyal interferencers can still post in all the forums. i really don't want an interference where half of my friends aren't going to post anymore. that's too sad.

Why cant you justify it? You seem to be one of the people here that loves this site more than anyone. You could always just pay for a month here and there to be able to read the forums you love. And I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would sponsor you. Why would your mom kill you? Arent you a teacher... and arent you like 26? Just asking.

And meggy for the love of god stop talking that nonsense ... dont you work?

It's $12. :|

This makes me :mad: :sad: :slant:

Yah.. my mom would kill me too.. if she actually knew that I've spent more than $35,000 in the last 6yrs making all you folks happy.

I can't justify it either.

Awww....it saddens me to see such loyal interferencers not being able to subscribe. I will be more than happy to sponsor some people- please consider it.

:hug:

zooropamanda said:
i see that this new premium thing starts december 1.
im not making any comments about other people who are choosing to sign up. i think thats great.
but for me, i just cant justify paying money for an internet site with my situation in life.
my mother would kill me.
i understand the problems interference is having, i think its lovely that many of you are willing to help out but i just can not justify it, no matter how little it is. im sorry.
guess this means ive only got a few more weeks here. i think? im not sure. i never have the mindpower late at night to read all that confusing stuff.

i dont want anyone sponsoring me either because thats not right for me.

the end of dol for me? :(

blah im rambling and not sure why im posting this..

prolly nun of my bidness, and not knowing your financial situation, but have u thought about prioritizng?

for example, I use to drink mass quantities of beer. now I don't, but used the save $ for other things. 1200 pennies is what 4 peets or 4 starbucks lattes, 1 movie popcorn and large drink....
priorities

I opened this thread( incorrigble sticky-beak)
and the same thing I read in another thread has appeared, so I'll respond to it here.
I don't think that sponsoring someone without their consent is a good idea. I suppose I should just speak for myself.
I was raised to believe if you can't afford it, you can't have it and not to accept a hand-out. It is belittling in a sometimes already misreable situation. I think you should ask first.
Just my .05c worth.
manda , u going topost lots before the door closes? I hope so. go on wid ya.:wave: :yes: :mac: :sexywink:

:sad:

we don't know yet which forums will be closed...lol @ the other options
Lol@what Elvis said about his mummy. You've done a great job Joel..best of irish luck 2 U. You certainly made a difference for U2 and their fans around the globe. I hope they apprecaite it.
I'm sure they do.

I think sponsoring someone would make a nice Christmas *gift* (not a handout) - you don't often get a Christmas gift that you would actually use everyday for the next year! :)

i will sponsor one person for one year, and please dont think of it as a hand out or anything just think of it as an xmas gift:)

Hey... whadda about those people who at this moment passes 5000 posts... gets free lifetime membership? :sexywink:

Just a random thought of mine that just popped in my head.

cheer up, manda :) don't feel so bad... ;)

Last edited:
and , it will look like *famous* Adult Friend Finder internet agencies , heh .....

sorry , have too many bills , besides zootopia is free and it's an official site , some other forums are still free , if people want to make profit out of it , that's ok to me too. GONE .

Well , we forgot phones , credit cards problems , we forgot to see people alive !!!! No No No

pinkfloyd said:
and , it will look like *famous* Adult Friend Finder internet agencies , heh .....

sorry , have too many bills , besides zootopia is free and it's an official site , some other forums are still free , if people want to make profit out of it , that's ok to me too. GONE .

Well , we forgot phones , credit cards problems , we forgot to see people alive !!!! No No No

No profit here. I guess you dont read well.

I don't know what to do.

Okay,

Believe it or not, 2 days ago I actually signed up for PayPal to donate. I remembered Joel's comments and decided to pay $2 for the heck of it. I :heart: this place. I remember reading something about $2 a year.

But there's a heck of a lot of students here. A lot a lot. And, as one of them, $12 can be quite a lot of money. Esp b/c many MANY of them don't have credit cards. Or don't work. "Mommy, I need $12 for a chat forum" won't work.

I'm really really torn. I don't want to sound like....an idiot here....but I'm paying for uni right now. My tuition payment goes through on the first of every month. Add Christmas. Add everything else (car repairs, etc). It's a really bad time.

I need to think.

I don't understand bandwith. If there are too many members, how many of those are people with multiple handles? Why not limit people to one handle? I don't know if this will help. :(

Re: I don't know what to do.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

I don't understand bandwith. If there are too many members, how many of those are people with multiple handles? Why not limit people to one handle? I don't know if this will help. :(

I think everyone needs to read Elvis's thread in the main forum because it explains everything. Multiple handles have nothing to do with it.. its not like you're posting with all of them at the same time. :der:

well , i'm still thinking ......
i got addicted to this place
it's like to read Boston Globe in subway in the morning .
and i'm not sure , if my presence will be welcome here .
Tough question . I'm a college student . i have a very limited amount of money . ......:huh: :huh: :huh:

...I think that part of the problem with sponsering is that people are going to feel bad. Like charity cases. And some people will take advantage of the system. And some people WILL be left out, forgotten. And they most likely won't ask for help...too much pride.

As for the over 5000 poster thing, there's a lot of really dedicated members who don't have over 5000. People who have been around for a really long time but can't post in multiple threads, or don't choose to. Some people have limited internet access - libraries, bus terminals....there's no way these people will reach 5000.

Plus, what about new members? I don't think people coming in are going to pay...???

I'm not saying what I'll do...I don't know.

hey maybe we should charge 12 $ from all members who has more then 1000 posts , that will be fair , till we get our 5000 limit , and so on each year . but they are hardcore U2 fans .. they will do it .

Sicy said:
There's already been a few members with 0 posts who have paid.

I would think that a larger percentage wouldn't donate tho. I mean, ultimately, some will....that's cool. But I think I'll put a lot of people off the forum. I suppose it'll 'weed out' all those non-dedicated fans?

I did not write this as some sort of stab at interference, or you elvis. I wrote it in here because I honestly feel bad about the situation. yes I do enjoy posting here, very much. this isnt some whinge thread about whats happening. you have problems with the site, so you have to do it. i understand that.
someone else mentioned priorties, i actually think losing this lil priviledge in my life would be sorting my priorities.
thats why i cant justify it.
I dont care to talk about my financial situation and I think its quite rude that some would even ask me about it or my situation in life. Some of us dont have the luxury of living alone carefree with no other responsibilities but ourselves at age 26.

Its not about the cost. Its about me, personally spending money on a very bad habit that i really should cut back. My priorities are my family, my career, my bills and my friends.

i didnt want this to develop into a slinging match. i was just voicing my concerns over my personal situation because that IS how its going to be and I had read that this place was shutting up for non payers on Dec 1 so I realised I havent got much time left. Thats all it was about, not a criticism or anything like that about what's happening.
:|

I'm a student. I get paid less than $10 every week and it's not even constant. And yet, I budget this in. It's the cover to 2 parties, it's two dinners on the town, it's a t-shirt. Each of these things I certainly can sacrifice for Interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom